Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

edit: lmao that snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

the biggest lie of p: that the game isn’t bad ;)

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

bobjr posted:

Hello Kitty was robbed

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
I think action game, art direction, and mobile game should at least get stage awards, cmon man

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Best mobile lol

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Yay AC6 but also why do awards like Best Action Game and Best Art Direction just get announced without anybody actually getting to collect the award?

Because of ad slots they sold

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Sydin posted:

Hell yeah AC6, should've been nominated for GOTY.

And won.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

AngryBooch posted:

I think action game, art direction, and mobile game should at least get stage awards, cmon man

THey didn't pay to have something to market.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Venba was p good actually

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

AngryBooch posted:

they didn't pay enough to get a main stage award sorry

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I said come in! posted:

There is no such thing as a good mobile game.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The switch 2??

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I realize this makes me an Old but if you show me gameplay footage with youtube screamers already pre-laid over it in PiP I instantly hate the game

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Nintendo gettin packed up this year

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
Star Rail is a good game, gacha monetization or no, I'll argue that anywhere

Hoyoverse is like the only mobile game developer to realize if they put the infinite gacha money back into the game you end up with a pretty good game and make even more infinite money

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Action game and art direction should have gotten stage awards.

Mobile games should have their own show that's broadcast on, like, Tubi or something.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Kinda disappointing that they just rattled off the winner, because Art direction at least seemed really competitive. I could have easily seen Wonder winning that

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

CapnAndy posted:

I realize this makes me an Old but if you show me gameplay footage with youtube screamers already pre-laid over it in PiP I instantly hate the game
speak of the loving devil

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Kind of disappointed in this game awards so far, not nearly as much cringe as last year

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Imagine if humans all naturally reacted this much.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Grapplejack posted:

sure whatever, UE5 wins for art design

Alan Wake II isn’t UE5.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

AW2 has pulled into the awards lead

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Feldegast42 posted:

Kind of disappointed in this game awards so far, not nearly as much cringe as last year

Ask and yes shall receive with whatever this is

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
I don't understand.

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

YES I LOVE WATCHING A BUNCH OF DICKHEADS SCREAMING

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Propaganda Hour posted:

Kinda disappointing because Art direction at least seemed really competitive. I could have easily seen Wonder winning that

one of hi-fi rush or lies of P should've won, alan wake 2's got excellent cinematography but its design is still just, like, dull grounded realism

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'm very old and I cannot fathom why people screeching in a box in a corner is considered a selling point for games :corsair:

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy

SirSamVimes posted:

AW2 has pulled into the awards lead
Good!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

they have such low faith in their product that it's all just streamers

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
This is the cringiest thing I've seen in like... five minutes.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Oh no, not the Vape Beast

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Meiteron posted:

Star Rail is a good game, gacha monetization or no, I'll argue that anywhere

Hoyoverse is like the only mobile game developer to realize if they put the infinite gacha money back into the game you end up with a pretty good game and make even more infinite money

I tried playing it but the monetiation and gatcha stuff absolutely loving sucked and made it hard to enjoy the parts that were legitimately well done. If anything it made me annoyed that it had so much potential and ruined it with gatcha.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

where is kojima?

is he safe? is he all right?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

VAPE

BEAST

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Eat My Fuc posted:

Imagine if humans all naturally reacted this much.

A game made solely for reaction videos

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Lmao truth

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

I'm very old and I cannot fathom why people screeching in a box in a corner is considered a selling point for games :corsair:
:hfive:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Grapplejack posted:

sure whatever, UE5 wins for art design

aw2 is using its own proprietary engine, not UE

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I'm gonna start vaping that looked sick as hell

Adbot