Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which 2023 game do you think will win Something Awful’s Game of the Year award?
This poll is closed.
Dead Space 5 5.10%
Metroid Prime 15 15.31%
Resident Evil 4 17 17.35%
Super Mario RPG 37 37.76%
System Shock 24 24.49%
Total: 98 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

90sgamer
Jun 28, 2023
fuck off worms butthole guy!!!
SEGA IS BACK

OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VHYLJR9pNg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Pssst, Sega… make Kiryu an option in Crazy Taxi

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

RBA Starblade posted:

I saw that lol
then I hope you too are as glad for Ironmouse for making it this far as I am, my gaming brother

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Captain Invictus posted:

then I hope you too are as glad for Ironmouse for making it this far as I am, my brother

I've never heard of them before now but your tale has reached my heart

90sgamer
Jun 28, 2023
fuck off worms butthole guy!!!
Yo they just announced a JURASSIC PARK game too

I feel like im in THE NINETIES

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

what song might Crazy Taxi have that would be as good as Ya Ya Ya Ya Ya

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

CapnAndy posted:

He is not.

Overall the gameplay is much better and it's incomprehensibly prettier (after I was done I wanted more web-slinging and went back to SM1 Remastered and my immediate reaction was "holy poo poo, this is ugly"), but the story is cut way down and there's a lot less side activities.

That's surprising to hear. I figured having two spidermen and getting Venom and Norman in there would give them plenty of material. Is Miles story content better this time at least? I found his solo game very lacking

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Ok, that Zau game and the new Don’t Nod not-LIS title look cool

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Did I miss the Space Marine 2 reveals?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

OH HELL YEAH I DIDN'T

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Looks pretty cool!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

how can they be marines if they're in space

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

lol they’re called space ships

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Hwurmp posted:

how can they be marines if they're in space

in High Gothic they're called the Adeptus Astartes

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Jay Rust posted:

lol they’re called space ships

All about those space hips

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Man the FF16 DLC looks dope and wtf the first one is out tonight???

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyoBA0aCRNk

i'm hooting and hollering

Kerrzhe fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Dec 8, 2023

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Gripweed posted:

in High Gothic they're called the Adeptus Astartes

they are p cool but they serve a fake corpse emperor which isn't so cool

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Spiders-Men got loving washed

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

much like FFXVI, it seemed like a perfectly good game that picked an unfortunately bad time to try and release

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Feldegast42 posted:

they are p cool but they serve a fake corpse emperor which isn't so cool

Chaos Space Marine would be the greatest game ever made.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Waffleman_ posted:

I enjoyed it but at not point did I think it was head and shoulders above the rest of the year.

TotK still my #1, no disrespect to BG3 as it's no slouch either.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Very excited but also I should probably actually just "finish" World before 2025!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/NoMansSky/status/1732979907314225593

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

playing the tribes 3 playtest right now its literally just ascend ported to a newer version of ue and 5v5 for asinine reasons. the 5v5 mode is intensely boring esports bullshit as expected but they also have a halfassed hacked together 12v12 mode hidden in the menus thats a bit closer to what tribes is supposed to be. if they simply give up on all of their dumbass ideas and make a new tribes game it will be okay

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
god bless

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

RBA Starblade posted:

I've never heard of them before now but your tale has reached my heart
she is a significantly immunocompromised puerto rican woman who started streaming to like 10-20 people for a while before vtubers were a big thing, losing her career as an opera singer to CVID(not COVID), and decided if she couldn't go anywhere anymore due to her poo poo immune system, she'd start streaming instead. she built her community from the ground up, and has done a lot of charity work and support for smaller creators over the years until she absolutely took the gently caress off in the last couple years. I honestly thought People Make Games would take that award since they do good work too, but I'm happy she won it. She's done a lot for someone who up until relatively recently was confined to a hospital bed, and can now get around with help, thanks to her success she is able to afford all the medical care necessary now.

imo the idea of a "vtuber" is perfect for someone disabled like her. she is crazy strong-willed and downright inspirational, regardless of if you enjoy her content or not, she's talked about how dark the places she'd gotten to during the worst parts of her illness had been. to see her now, it's impressive as hell. I loved her reasoning for streaming, too. "I was stuck in a hospital bed and I've got a computer. what the hell else was I gonna do with my time?"

e: also thanks to being able to afford good medical treatment, she has healed enough and her voice has recovered enough that she can once again hit parts of her register that were inaccessible due to damage from getting seriously ill repeatedly. she used to have trouble finishing this song years back, and now, well:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCe5NqYLPOc&hd=1

her story is just really wonderful.

sean murray has earned more than a little leeway with me with how much they've done to No Man's Sky. I haven't played it in a while but I played a SHITLOAD of it through the vehicle and base building updates, and I can only imagine it's gotten way more robust in almost every way since. The new game looks nice, and even if it's a broken buggy mess like NMS originally was, it's a team that I honestly have ironclad faith in putting in the work to get it right eventually. I don't think they need to rush it out the door like with NMS so I'm much more interested in this new one. though I'm not entirely up for the multiplayer aspect of it.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Dec 8, 2023

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Light No Fire looks really cool, i love that fantasy poo poo, give me a giant natural world to explore and a big ol bird to fly around on and im happy

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I'm really excited for Light no Fire.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
starfield left me with a strong distaste for procgen landscapes, so the light no fire trailer was honestly a little stomach-turning

(but now that i think about it, that might have more to do with how sick I was at the time. I was basically delirious. because of the flu, not starfield (I think). but the association stuck.)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Me at approximately nine seconds of Jet Set Radio

Kinky Cookie Bunny
Apr 1, 2011

ELPHELTS BACK

:supaburn::supaburn::supaburn::supaburn::supaburn:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Captain Invictus posted:

she is a significantly immunocompromised puerto rican woman who started streaming to like 10-20 people for a while before vtubers were a big thing, losing her career as an opera singer to CVID(not COVID), and decided if she couldn't go anywhere anymore due to her poo poo immune system, she'd start streaming instead. she built her community from the ground up, and has done a lot of charity work and support for smaller creators over the years until she absolutely took the gently caress off in the last couple years. I honestly thought People Make Games would take that award since they do good work too, but I'm happy she won it. She's done a lot for someone who up until relatively recently was confined to a hospital bed, and can now get around with help, thanks to her success she is able to afford all the medical care necessary now.

imo the idea of a "vtuber" is perfect for someone disabled like her. she is crazy strong-willed and downright inspirational, regardless of if you enjoy her content or not, she's talked about how dark the places she'd gotten to during the worst parts of her illness had been. to see her now, it's impressive as hell. I loved her reasoning for streaming, too. "I was stuck in a hospital bed and I've got a computer. what the hell else was I gonna do with my time?"

e: also thanks to being able to afford good medical treatment, she has healed enough and her voice has recovered enough that she can once again hit parts of her register that were inaccessible due to damage from getting seriously ill repeatedly. she used to have trouble finishing this song years back, and now, well:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCe5NqYLPOc&hd=1

her story is just really wonderful.

Sorry if that sounded sarcastic but I actually meant it, I saw your post in the other thread

A good use of vtubin imo

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i knew these things about mousey even though i've never watched her stream, i'm very happy for her and wish her all the best

edit: i did not know that she was an opera singer though and gosh she has a beautiful voice

Kerrzhe fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Dec 8, 2023

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

oh, looks like The Day Before dropped and, to no one's surprise, it's total garbage and 100% not at all what was advertised

i actually can't even begin to fathom why they went through with it beyond hoping that they could trick enough people with it on their wishlist to buy, play for 2 hours, and be unable to refund

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
the Finals released today.
it's some kinda f2p shooter game.
all I know about it is people were clowning on it in beta for using pretty bad AI voices for its in-match announcers
and then the devs came in and said "no those aren't placeholders we are totally keeping them for the full game the ai is great"

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2073850/THE_FINALS/

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

the Finals released today.
it's some kinda f2p shooter game.
all I know about it is people were clowning on it earlier for using pretty bad AI voices for its in-match announcers

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2073850/THE_FINALS/

the overall game seems fun and people seem to like it. not really my cup of tea but i'm always happy to have more quality FPSes floating around

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
were they that bad? i didn't realize they were ai when i saw my brother playing. isolated from the game audio, yeah I could tell, but they seemed good enough for me.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

homeless snail posted:

playing the tribes 3 playtest right now its literally just ascend ported to a newer version of ue and 5v5 for asinine reasons. the 5v5 mode is intensely boring esports bullshit as expected but they also have a halfassed hacked together 12v12 mode hidden in the menus thats a bit closer to what tribes is supposed to be. if they simply give up on all of their dumbass ideas and make a new tribes game it will be okay

What's this 5v5 poo poo?

They were doing 128 players 2 1/2 DECADES ago!

That's the entire point of Tribes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I remember when Planetside was doing 150 people per faction on a single continent in 2003!!!

sure it brought the server to its knees and lmao at trying to actually hit anything or not lag your vehicle into a tree/off a cliff/into the ocean but it was actually possible!!!!!!!!

RBA Starblade posted:

Sorry if that sounded sarcastic but I actually meant it, I saw your post in the other thread

A good use of vtubin imo
we cool

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Dec 8, 2023