Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
this was being livestreamed to Israel
https://twitter.com/comradecamera/status/1732946117019754802
screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/I08nvoF.png

I went ahead and looked up the group behind the ceremony and they have a helpful Israel tab that includes stuff like this

quote:

A young soldier, spending his first Chanukah away from family and friends, stands a cold, wet guard along the Lebanese border, his bravery and patriotism struggling to combat the numbness in his feet, the emptiness in his heart.

The Jews of Israel. All loved and served by Chabad in a thousand ways, every day, and with an overflowing heart. Indeed Lubavitch is accepted by hundreds of thousands as the spiritual heart­beat of the country, and everyone knows "Tzach," the Lubavitch Youth Organization — Chabad's general activities arm.

The special relationship of Chabad with the Israel Defense Forces is legendary. "Chabadniks" (the affectionate Israeli colloquialism for Lubavitch Chassidim) will tramp through miles of mud to bring Chanuka or Purim cheer to an isolated, desolate army base. Cherished by the soldiers of Israel, their selflessness and self-sacrifice is seen as a genuine expression of love and unity with these brave men who steadfastly guard our Holy Land. These are not isolated, sporadic visits. Visitation by Chabad takes place on an army-wide scale every Sukot, Chanukah and Purim, and there is a highly-organized program of regular visitation by the "mitzvah‑tanks," which have become famous on the Lebanese front. All of which is in addition to the person‑to‑person warmth exuded by the men of Chabad to their buddies, when they serve their tour of duty in the Armed Forces.

VROOM VROOM has issued a correction as of 04:37 on Dec 8, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Crazypoops posted:

How is this clear? Where is this clear? Legitimately asking. I want to see the Palestinian atrocities, where are they? What are they?

the worst of all atrocities: they exist and continue to fight

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

VROOM VROOM posted:

I went ahead and looked up the group behind the ceremony and they have a helpful Israel tab that includes stuff like this

welp, we just figured out the next line of attack against pro-palestinian protesters

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

VROOM VROOM posted:

libera te tutemet ex prepuce?

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

it is an atrocity that hamas fights and win, thereby denying western liberals of yet another rebellion or revolt they could many years down the road look back on with sympathy and verbal expressions of tepid, conditional support. hamas was to be defeated and annhiliated years ago and if not then, shortly after october 7th. hamas was supposed to be another example of what happens to people who "turned to violence" instead of seeking change through the approved methods

Weka
May 5, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

Rainbow Knight posted:

oh idgaf if it's on tv. of course it should be. it should be on TV and on billboards along the freeway and projected onto the moon.

I just don't think Israel should be grouped in with Jewish holidays or Judaism in general. airing footage from Gaza during a Hanukkah segment is directly conflating the two because Israel has been hiding behind Judaism to protect itself since forever, but Israelis are freaks and mutants and deserve a home only at the bottom of an ocean.

it's just semantics and feelings i guess so w/e dti

IT'S A LITERAL HANUKKAH RALLY FOR ISRAEL YOU BRAINDEAD ANODYNE LIBERAL SCOLD!

The Voice of Labor posted:

dti isn't enough. what if israel gets reinpalestinated and the blood and soil poo poo picks up somehwere else?

I want some death to zionism

I'm fine with Zionism if it's directed to the Jewish Autonomous Oblast.

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005

Al! posted:

welp, we just figured out the next line of attack against pro-palestinian protesters

I admit that I did not actually watch the video yet but yeah "Israel has a right to defend itself express its religious freedom and tolerance" is a fun one

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Weka posted:

IT'S A LITERAL HANUKKAH RALLY FOR ISRAEL YOU BRAINDEAD ANODYNE LIBERAL SCOLD!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Al! posted:

uhhh so no major concern over the fact that they stripped all these random palestinians naked and shipped them off to who knows where????

we actually do know where they moved them

https://twitter.com/richimedhurst/status/1732928285728752115

e: better source

Raskolnikov38 has issued a correction as of 05:00 on Dec 8, 2023

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
looks pretty mass grave-y

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

sometimes the good guys round up a bunch of random civilians and torture and execute them out of frustration from their failure to meet their objectives because being good guys is complicated

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Giving me the same vibes as the excited southern families that took pictures next to a lynching

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Al! posted:

looks pretty mass grave-y
with an the earthmoving and construction stuff that they have right there on the beach, yeah

i wouldn't be surprised if they were throwing people into the tunnel deluges they're making or some other psycho poo poo

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Already see people on other boards say that all those guys are Hamas with 0 proof.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Raskolnikov38 posted:

we actually do know where they moved them

https://twitter.com/richimedhurst/status/1732928285728752115

e: better source

gently caress

It looks just like Babi Yar

gently caress these nazis

Dti

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

E2M2 posted:

Already see people on other boards say that all those guys are Hamas with 0 proof.

well yeah hamas has 0 proof. muslims don't drink alcohol

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://twitter.com/AkbarSAhmed/status/1732965567018000643?s=20

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

The Voice of Labor posted:

well yeah hamas has 0 proof. muslims don't drink alcohol

we established this with the videos of the CCP forcing Uighurs to drink to pretend to be happy and celebrating

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Between the journalists & their families who were being killed and this bataan death march cosplay bullshit it hasn't been a good day.

Here's to tomorrow bringing newly captured ships and some signs of hope for the people in gaza.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

If these crazies drag us into a war with Iran…

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Kicked off Hannukah properly with my extremely not-Zionist Jewish wife and cats.

e: I am realizing in retrospect the symbolism here might be a little bit off. I promise it was in good faith.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

PawParole posted:

If these crazies drag us into a war with Iran…

accelerationism real

National Parks
Apr 6, 2016

Al! posted:

uhhh so no major concern over the fact that they stripped all these random palestinians naked and shipped them off to who knows where????

Israel wouldn't be stupid enough to kill them now that there is documentation, they'll probably turn up safe and sound don't worry

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

Stairmaster posted:

accelerationism real

Inshallah it ends with a carrier at the bottom of the Strait of Hormuz.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Al! posted:

its become a major concern of mine

i wrote this post with caps first and thought better of it

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023
yeah that one is freaking me the gently caress out tonight not gonna lie

the message seems to be "This is the giant pit we're going to bury all their corpses when we're done with the genocide"; I am reading it loudly and clearly and I am sick to my loving stomach about it

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

think how funny it would be if Iran tested their first nuke right now

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Salvor_Hardin posted:

e: I am realizing in retrospect the symbolism here might be a little bit off. I promise it was in good faith.

lol

Hearts in the right place, happy Hanukkah

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Spergin Morlock posted:

inshallah

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Spergin Morlock posted:

come on rocket man pitch in and make this dream a reality.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

yeah that one is freaking me the gently caress out tonight not gonna lie

the message seems to be "This is the giant pit we're going to bury all their corpses when we're done with the genocide"; I am reading it loudly and clearly and I am sick to my loving stomach about it

You should peep that book on the French, Dutch and British.

This is, as others have said, part of the same pattern that has happened since Oct 7, in fact what this entire war is about. Israel must restore deterrence, and if they can't do it through capability, they're satisfied to do it through terror. The worse things get, the more they will feel the need to arrest the fall by lashing out.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

FuzzySlippers posted:

come on rocket man pitch in and make this dream a reality.

The DPRK kickstarted Iran's space program with many of their rockets being redesigns of DPRK rockets, so not a complete impossibility.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

National Parks posted:

Israel wouldn't be stupid enough to kill them now that there is documentation, they'll probably turn up safe and sound don't worry

I mean they're just gonna say they're all Hamas and whos gonna stop them anyways?

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I really thought all the years of cspam posting and binge drinking had smoothed my brain, hardened my heart, and deadened the nerves.

I cannot believe how incredibly wrong I was. :smith:

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

E2M2 posted:

I mean they're just gonna say they're all Hamas and whos gonna stop them anyways?
every idf infantryman will be given one of the guns from psychopass but it gives everyone a hamas coefficient of "extremely" right before they pull the trigger

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Kicked off Hannukah properly with my extremely not-Zionist Jewish wife and cats.

Your cats are Jewish?

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Spergin Morlock posted:

Israel's gonna toss the first nuke.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Chillgamesh posted:

Your cats are Jewish?

Their names are Shmutz and Kibbutz. We are calling him Butz for the time being.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/07/opinions/israel-hamas-gaza-media-press-prusher/index.html

Holy poo poo look at this bootlicker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weka
May 5, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Their names are Shmutz and Kibbutz. We are calling him Butz for the time being.

I KNEW it was suspicious you did not specify the cats weren't Zionists!