Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

In Hamas' case they could use them for new recruits to familiarize with moving around/crawling/vaulting etc before giving them real guns (or maybe there aren't enough real guns to use for training idk) or use in martial arts so you don't break anything/hurt anyone, otherwise yeah it's a little sus Israel just so happened to find a cache of rubber duckies in the form of what their opfor would use in training

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Taking a rubber rifle out for an exercise where you'll just be chilling in a command post saves you a huge amount of annoyance. You don't have to clean it, make safe every time you go in or out of the CP or vehicle (so no NDs around RHQ for a change), and you don't have to stand in line at the cages at 7 o'clock in the morning on the first day to sign it out and until 10 pm at endex to turn it in.

It's an absolute pro move.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
wow what a surprise israel is losing its military campaign and turns out they were lying about their claims of 'surrounding' khan younis

====================

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...%86%D8%B7%D9%86

Satellite images reveal the occupation's movements east of Khan Yunis
Satellite images obtained by Al Jazeera showed an Israeli incursion into Khan Yunis from the east.

The pictures revealed the failure of the Israeli occupation army to encircle the city of Khan Yunis at the end of yesterday, Wednesday, contrary to its announcement.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

rubber weapons are used for drill, hand to hand training, and sexual purposes

carcinofuck
Apr 18, 2001
pink floyd still sucks

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Sancho Banana posted:

I wonder if the IDF tried using these at some point in the current war and hosed it up in some truly Loony Tunes rear end ways.

When I last saw this posted, someone pointed out that the diagram of the "device" literally makes no sense - it's a 3d bag, it wouldn't be split in half by a cylindrical bar!

carcinofuck
Apr 18, 2001
pink floyd still sucks

Ytlaya posted:

When I last saw this posted, someone pointed out that the diagram of the "device" literally makes no sense - it's a 3d bag, it wouldn't be split in half by a cylindrical bar!

but you see, the tunnels are 2 dimensional, like the underground levels in super mario

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
https://x.com/UmeZahran/status/1732738454683828270?s=20

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

imo the food toys are probably part of some standard inventory the UN keeps and some bureaucrat thought they were doing a nice thing by getting some toys to kids having a hard time

it's ugly in context, but i think all active malice here is on the part of israel which is actively starving people

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

carcinofuck posted:

but you see, the tunnels are 2 dimensional, like the underground levels in super mario

i know something thats not 2d and thats that hamas donk

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

V. Illych L. posted:

imo the food toys are probably part of some standard inventory the UN keeps and some bureaucrat thought they were doing a nice thing by getting some toys to kids having a hard time

it's ugly in context, but i think all active malice here is on the part of israel which is actively starving people

It's a pretty nice looking toy all things considered, if they weren't starving out the Gazans it would have been a nice gesture!

Instead, it's just grim as gently caress

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Al-Saqr posted:

today we gave now completed two months into this war. its been an icredible two months both in the good and bad ways. in the good ways, Hamas won on october 7th and Hamas is still winning today. I am stunned beyond belief at the scale and scope of the palestinians military victory and resistance, the complete destruction of the IDF as an institution, if you had told me the military actions and accomplishments of the gaza resistance i wouldve said youre nuts and you're taking stuff out of metal gear cutscenes or a dumb action movie, but here we are, it's real. Hamas has nailed every single aspect of this war, military, media, etc. the worldwide protests was astounding. the israeli campaign is faltering and failing, and soon they will be forced to stop the war.

but it is tempered by the bad side, the west has completely sloughed off their faces to reveal the nazis within, the level of destruction and mass murder of civilians ahasnt been seen like this outside of ww2 and the insane cruelty and pettiness of the israelis are right out of 'come and see' and the SS files, the deep hurt i feel towards the civilian catastrophe and the shame i feel at the meek, cowardly and traitorous arab governments. and double shame that normal arab folk are too oppressed and too defeated to pressure them further. the sheer inhumanity and cruelty and insanity of the IDF and the death and destruction they've caused to innocent civilians and children is heartbreaking beyond belief.

but thank goodness, that cruelty amounted to nothing, for once, for once the light of humanity is winning, we're winning against the darkness of barbarism. the cost is high, it was always going to be, but the win against he barbaric fortress politics of the west were people can be shoved into concentration camps and be forgotten more than makes up for it.

I'm not a particularly religious guy, but I was thinking alot recently about how there was a scene from the movie 'the message' about the prophet muhammad, in which at one point all the tribes of mecca signed a document that exiled muhammad and his followers out of the city, and forced a total starvation siege on them, banning all trade with them, they nailed that declaration to the door of the Kaaba, the muslims were starving out and dying for a year or so, being forced to eat whatever scraps and leaved and such they can gather.

One day, relatives and fellow tribesmen (who werent muslim) of muhammads followers had had enough, they forced their way to the Kaaba, to tear the document, sword in hand.

only to find out that the document had literally been eaten by termites, the only section left uneaten was a single phrase:-

"In the name of your god."

god sent his smallest, weakest and least noticable creatures to literally eat the document and stop the starvation. and right now, god sends his weakest servants, the people of gaza, to shake us all free. the fleet carriers of america, the greed and vanity of the gulf royals, the cruelty and insanity of the israelis, their money, their armies, their cruelty all are nothing in the face of god.

as i said from the very beginning palestine will win. and from here the true liberation of palestine will begin. and hopefully the liberation of arabs from the jail of oppression.

this is beautiful; thanks.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Sancho Banana posted:

https://twitter.com/IDF/status/1732458327664168988?t=hJfE9Ut5LSdl77VolEGYnQ&s=19

I watched this video again, and I noticed:

I'm not a weapons-knower, so correct me if I'm being dumb, but don't these look fake?

those are literally prop guns lol

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023
Those aren't prop guns they just ate the gomu gomu fruit

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

god loving poo poo they murdered Refaat al-Areer

https://twitter.com/muhammadshehad2/status/1732850536641069415

:dti::dti::dti::dti:

his pinned post
https://twitter.com/itranslate123/status/1719701312990830934

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
Another question for the armyheads: The IDF's olive green uniforms are pretty poo poo for an environment like Gaza, no? Seems like the color would stick out like a sore thumb.

I mean, the IDF does have uniforms whose color would probably blend in much better in a place like that...

...for the Navy and Air Force.

Only their service dress, though.

Fake edit: when I got those images just now I found out that they experimented with new field uniforms a couple years ago, but dropped the idea after soldiers complained that they were uncomfortable and increased the chances of friendly fire because they looked too similar to some of Hezbollah's uniforms and confused soldiers who were used to the old ones.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

they're trying to wipe out Palestinian culture.

If you do a genocide but you use drones the west will pretend it's a "clean war"

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Ah no, gently caress this lovely world.

https://twitter.com/RamiJarrah/status/1732678913396981887

More evidence of Israeli butchery of innocents.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Death to loving Israel goddammit

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

ِIsraeli society must be destroyed as a whole.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

do you think israel cares that its creating a generation of palestinians who wont care how roughly their children will be treated when theyre forced off of their colonial holdings

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

theres a reason nobody cares about how brutally the haitian whites were removed

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Al! posted:

do you think israel cares that its creating a generation of palestinians who wont care how roughly their children will be treated when theyre forced off of their colonial holdings

Israelis are dickheads incapable of thinking more then 3 seconds ahead so no

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Real Mean Queen posted:

I'm not even sure what you'd train for with those, just gun-holdin'? Martial arts? It doesn't look like the magazines can be removed and I'm sure the other side where all the moving parts are supposed to be is even more comical, so it's not like you're doing anything mechanical with them

Marching drill.

Owlbear Camus posted:

Once again failing to learn the lesson of history (or basic empathy) because they fail to see the enemy as sharing the same basic humanity. This principle has been tried and articulated again and again and it's soo rear end-backwards. People do not work that way.

Broadly speaking, bombing people makes them rally around the flag and blame the people dropping bombs, setting aside differences and sharing unity and resilience. No one every does the simple head-check of the "shoe on the other foot/walk a mile in their moccasins" principle to ask "hey if an external enemy was doing this to me, would I give up, or pressure my army to give up?" Because again, it's a failure of basic empathy and a success of dehumanization, the goal isn't some strategic objective the slaughter and depravity is the point.

Delta Tango India

If you read the quote by the doctrine's originator it seems like the goal was to get Hizbullah's leadership to back off based on their responsibility to protect the civilians being targeted. This is quite a different concept than having those civilians exert pressure on said leadership.

Gadi Einsatzgruppen posted:

Harming the population is the only means of restraining Nasrallah.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Refaat did not die afraid, he died wishing he could fight harder:-

https://x.com/itranslate123/status/1731508627465191680?s=20

Zodar
May 21, 2007

they don't have room in their imagination for defeat. white supremacy and colonialism is predicated on absolute and ultimately suicidal arrogance

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Al! posted:

there will be no excuses for the terror. there will be no excuses. they will all pay.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Constructing an Ark to save every species of animal native to Gaza from IDF flooding. have a pair of Palestinians, cats, camels, scorpions, hyenas (who knew?), hopefully that's everything

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

going to fly a white kite in this guys memory and if anybody asks about it I’ll give them the poem

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

there will be no excuses for the terror. there will be no excuses. they will all pay.

the next round it wont only be 1500 and there will be atrocities beyond the lies israel is pouring out. theyre making their own doom

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Al! posted:

the next round it wont only be 1500 and there will be atrocities beyond the lies israel is pouring out. theyre making their own doom

They're not gonna win militarily as is right now, they're simply doing all this cruelty for the sake of it because it's who they are deep inside. Israelis are nazi rabid animals.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Mr. Sharps posted:

going to fly a white kite in this guys memory and if anybody asks about it I’ll give them the poem

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 38 hours!
Dont let hate win, in insreal or your heart.

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Calibanibal posted:

Constructing an Ark to save every species of animal native to Gaza from IDF flooding. have a pair of Palestinians, cats, camels, scorpions, hyenas (who knew?), hopefully that's everything

Two monkies, wearing tiny fez hats

Just do the whole Aladdin animal cast to be sure

Get some macaws, get some tigers, some elephants

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Fumble posted:

Dont let hate win, in insreal or your heart.

Too late, I've already let my hatred of this country and its people thoroughly win and it'll continue to win because that hatred is ultimately an expression of my love for life and humanity, two values which Israel is staunchly opposed to.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

at a certain point people are going to have to live together. it can just be like a post-apartheid south africa with more successful redistribution of property, where everyone recognises that the whites are largely scum but nobody's actually killing them all

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Owlbear Camus posted:

trigger guard looks weird/chunky, we'd expect to see a bolt or rivet opposite the fire selector on that side, handguard looks weird, pistol grip looks weird and uh no barrel bore as noted.

at the risk of Doing OSINT, these look fake as hell. literally less convincing than a 100 dollar airsoft replica

worth noting they are all laid with the side that has the chamber/ejection port and fire selector to the ground, likely because they look even faker laid out in the other direction

Lmao you dont need to try this hard when the barrels are solid and the whole thing, mag included, is clearly one piece of rubber.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

https://twitter.com/muhammadshehad2...aper-answers%2F

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Sancho Banana posted:

Too late, I've already let my hatred of this country and its people thoroughly win and it'll continue to win because that hatred is ultimately an expression of my love for life and humanity, two values which Israel is staunchly opposed to.