Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Yossarian-22 posted:

thought exercise, would you support this if the u.s. couped maduro and guaido invaded essequibo?

what freak circumstances allowed Guaido to take power in this exercise?

why would a Guaido, who had Exxon lawyers in his inner circle, invade a country that's basically run by Exxon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Plutonis posted:

Vá embora você, americano viado.

Venezuela ftw

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Take all of their oil it belongs to me

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

Atrocious Joe posted:

why would a Guaido, who had Exxon lawyers in his inner circle, invade a country that's basically run by Exxon?

fun random note! there was a leaked call where guaidos envoy offered to give up claims on the region in exchange for British support.

that was so wildly unpopular that guaido had to back off from it and now supports the restoration of Venezuela territory, as all people should🥰

https://venezuelanalysis.com/news/14651/

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

The Intercept has an article worth checking out about how the oil industry has already started to transform Guyana. These are just highlights.

quote:

GUYANA’S HIGH COURT handed down a historic ruling in May against both the country’s Environmental Protection Agency and Exxon Mobil’s subsidiary in the region. If it sounds strange that the EPA and Exxon were co-defendants in a case, yes, that’s precisely the point.

The case was brought on behalf of two Guyanese citizens, Frederick Collins and Godfrey Whyte. They accused the EPA of failing to enforce the requirements of its own permits by never securing a guarantee from Exxon or its subsidiary, Esso Exploration and Production Guyana Limited, that the company would cover all costs related to a possible oil spill.

“Guyana taxpayers are currently exposed,” Tom Sanzillo, director of financial analysis for the Institute for Energy Economics and Financial Analysis, said. “The potential consequences for Guyana are catastrophic.”

That’s because Exxon’s drilling project in Guyana is the riskiest kind: deep-water offshore drilling, which involves intense pressure bearing down on complex equipment. The conditions are similar to those that preceded the Deepwater Horizon explosion in 2010, which spewed oil and gas throughout the Gulf of Mexico, costing BP $69 billion.

Exxon’s own environmental impact assessments indicate that such a disaster in Guyana could send oil to the beaches of 14 different Caribbean islands, most of which depend on fishing and tourism — and all of which could hold Guyana liable for damages. The costs would be astronomical, which is why the permits for offshore drilling in Guyana require not only an independent liability insurance policy from Esso, but also an unlimited financial guarantee from its parent company to cover costs that exceed those covered by insurance.
In Guyana, it’s become hard to distinguish where the oil company ends and the government begins. Exxon executives join the Guyanese president in his suite at cricket matches, and the vice president regularly hosts press conferences to defend the oil company. Vincent Adams, a Guyanese petroleum engineer and former head of the country’s EPA, has been one of the agency’s harshest critics.

“When I was working in the United States, we always had people at the offshore site 24/7 with the oil companies,” said Adams, who spent decades at the U.S. Department of Energy. “Because 99 percent of the time what they tell you is happening out there is not what is happening.” When Adams was tapped to run Guyana’s EPA, he planned to have monitors on board Exxon’s floating production vessels. “That’s all been canceled. Even Exxon’s files and permits, which used to be in the document center with everyone else’s, are under lock and key in the director’s office,” he said. “There’s no oversight happening because Exxon does not want oversight.”
It wasn’t until 2008, a few months after Venezuela nationalized oil and booted out most of the foreign oil majors, that the companies began exploring the waters offshore Guyana in earnest. Still, they came up empty. Shell left the partnership in 2014, while Exxon brought on two new partners: Hess Corporation, an independent American oil company best known as an early mover in the fracking boom, and the China National Offshore Oil Corporation. The very next year, Exxon announced it had found oil, more than 10 billion barrels of it. And not just any oil: It was light, sweet crude, the oil that’s easiest to refine, commanding the highest price on the global market.

“Suddenly, in 2015, Exxon announced that they had found oil, and people were going crazy talking about oil wealth,” Janki said.

It wasn’t just people talking about oil wealth. Exxon was pushing this idea, and so was the government. The company moved quickly to capture the hearts and minds not only of state officials, but also other members of civil society. One of Exxon’s first big public investments in Guyana was to sponsor the Caribbean Premier League, a popular regional cricket tournament, and the country’s cricket team, the Amazon Warriors. Players have Exxon Mobil emblazoned across the front of their uniforms. The company also helped get cricket games broadcast on TV.

“When you walked in the streets, you would hear every Guyanese saying, ‘Thank God for Exxon! If it wasn’t for Exxon, we would’ve never been able to see cricket live on television,’” Glenn Lall, the publisher of a local newspaper, Kaieteur News, said. “You see how dangerous that is?”

The company and the government hired journalists working on the oil and gas beat away from the country’s papers and into corporate public relations and state-run newsrooms. One such journalist, who asked that their name be withheld to avoid retaliation, said the standard offer included a big pay bump, a lofty title, and a free car.

“I had some journalists that used to work with me, and the government tried to steal them with big pay. And it worked — they left,” Lall said. “A few of them after a while said, ‘No man, I can’t do what you want me to do,’ so they left there too, but none of them are doing journalism anymore.”

As a consequence, Lall said, there are few journalists left who report on oil drilling with a critical eye. Of the six reporters who once covered oil and gas for Kaieteur News, only one remains.
Janki said she’s struggled to find lawyers and clerks to work with her. Given how many firms Exxon and its partners, subsidiaries, and suppliers have contracted with in Guyana, it’s hard to find someone who’s not conflicted out. “I couldn’t get anybody to help with cases until a senior counsel who was based in Trinidad agreed to do it with me,” she said. “We had no clerk. I had to go and line up at the court registry with the documents and wait my turn.”

Exxon has also funded conservation organizations that might object to oil drilling in the country, including the Iwokrama International Center for Rain Forest Conservation and Development, Guyana’s crown jewel of conservation and a global leader on sustainable forestry.

“Yes, the obvious question is, you know, should we be taking money from the oil company?” Iwokrama CEO Dane Gobin said. “And my answer to that is, OK, oil will be there. We are not advocates. We run a rainforest. We don’t get involved in politics. But we have to take care of our people. And if somebody is saying, ‘Here’s a grant. You can do capacity building and training. You could improve the livelihoods of Guyanese. You could do all kinds of things, mangroves, all of that.’ Why should we say no?”
https://theintercept.com/2023/06/18/guyana-exxon-mobil-oil-drilling/

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

the United States has begun patrolling Guyana airspace, Maduro stay out.

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

Atrocious Joe posted:

isn’t seizing that territory something that has basically unanimous support across the Venezuelan political spectrum? someone said that one of the complaints from liberals and right wingers about Chavez was that he didn’t press those claims as much as they would have liked

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Atrocious Joe posted:

good question

https://twitter.com/jguaido/status/1731468179761713493/history

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

I'm sure Milei is gonna fight for the Maldives too

Guaido can say poo poo out of power he would not say in power

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Atrocious Joe posted:

I'm sure Milei is gonna fight for the Maldives too

Guaido can say poo poo out of power he would not say in power

One hell of a logistical challenge if he tried

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Argentina has major strategic interests in the Indo-Pacific region

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/camilapress/status/1732778491949506691

expecting to see some more "read the OP" posts in the near future

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
cool hope we see more of that ladyboss general, such inspiring to show girls all across the imperium that you too can lead colonial extraction forces someday

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Plutonis posted:

lol

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Load bearing bullshit

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

Plutonis posted:

adtrw mod huh

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

In Training posted:

I think America should send troops to Guyana to protect them from communist aggression.

They've already sent marines.

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023

Plutonis posted:

👍 bom meltdown

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

yo estoy en contra del olvido de los heroes de maldives

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/SurinameCentral/status/1732414606923170240

:hmmyes:

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
What's Venezuelan ecological protections like, would they extract that oil, if there's any ethnic Guyanese in Venezuela how are they treated, would Venezuela invest at least 50% of the profits from the oil back into Essequibo society (as the Exxon deal stipulates 50/50, if I'm not mistaken), are there any Venezuelans that are not allowed to immigrate to Guyana despite having familial ties there. Those are probably important if you want to pitch an argument in favor of invasion based on a greater good

Exxon's charm offensive in Guyana sucks, but if Venezuela isn't any more considerate in protecting the environment or the societies in Essequibo then it would suck either way & invasion wouldn't change that. Colonial powers having dictated the borders sucks, but if the people are not displaced then it's purely a matter of natural resources and you should consider if ensuring Venezuela has more oil is worth any amount of death & destruction

Ultimately states are only as good & important as the governments that run them, and have no inherent right to exist within their declared borders. It would be more interesting to hear an argument on how Guyana has abused Essequibo than just invoking the empires. Because the kneejerk reactionary stuff isn't very convincing.

All this having been said, I'm still of the opinion that this is 100% saber rattling, and the nearby states aren't gonna let Venezuela gently caress poo poo up when they're busy putting up a stable front for Chinese trade deals. Especially if China was a part of the Exxon deal.

Neurolimal has issued a correction as of 05:39 on Dec 8, 2023

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

Neurolimal posted:

What's Venezuelan ecological protections like, would they extract that oil, if there's any ethnic Guyanese in Venezuela how are they treated, would Venezuela invest at least 50% of the profits from the oil back into Essequibo society (as the Exxon deal stipulates 50/50, if I'm not mistaken), are there any Venezuelans that are not allowed to immigrate to Guyana despite having familial ties there. Those are probably important if you want to pitch an argument in favor of invasion based on a greater good

Exxon's charm offensive in Guyana sucks, but if Venezuela isn't any more considerate in protecting the environment or the societies in Essequibo then it would suck either way & invasion wouldn't change that. Colonial powers having dictated the borders sucks, but if the people are not displaced then it's purely a matter of natural resources and you should consider if ensuring Venezuela has more oil is worth any amount of death & destruction

Ultimately states are only as good & important as the governments that run them, and have no inherent right to exist within their declared borders. It would be more interesting to hear an argument on how Guyana has abused Essequibo than just invoking the empires. Because the kneejerk reactionary stuff isn't very convincing.

All this having been said, I'm still of the opinion that this is 100% saber rattling, and the nearby states aren't gonna let Venezuela gently caress poo poo up when they're busy putting up a stable front for Chinese trade deals. Especially if China was a part of the Exxon deal.

nations actually have the right to territorial sovereignty and self governance. if you want to dive into why you oppose decolonization go nuts but "those dirty Venezuelans won't properly use the resources in their land" was part of the reasoning for the original theft in the 1840s👀

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

uninterrupted posted:

nations actually have the right to territorial sovereignty and self governance. if you want to dive into why you oppose decolonization go nuts but "those dirty Venezuelans won't properly use the resources in their land" was part of the reasoning for the original theft in the 1840s👀

it's not about properly & efficiently utilizing resources, its about who's going to be more beneficial to the natives, if either of them. Self-Governance; who's going to be fair to those in Essequibo, do the people in Essequibo want this, is there a great need that necessitates this.

Like you don't need to be secret neoliberal who wants to see Venezuela couped to disagree with Maduro & Guaido, people are capable of doing stupid poo poo, or making noise that they don't intend on following through with for various reasons (domestic, negotiations)

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Neurolimal posted:

Sorry you're not getting your daily dose of consent manufacturing to go along with the non-existant war. If it makes you feel better I can say that the Guyanese are bayonetting babies and burning rainforests?

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

Neurolimal posted:

it's not about properly & efficiently utilizing resources, its about who's going to be more beneficial to the natives, if either of them. Self-Governance; who's going to be fair to those in Essequibo, do the people in Essequibo want this, is there a great need that necessitates this.

Like you don't need to be secret neoliberal who wants to see Venezuela couped to disagree with Maduro & Guaido, people are capable of doing stupid poo poo, or making noise that they don't intend on following through with for various reasons (domestic, negotiations)

naw i think Venezuela should be ruled by Venezuela and i don't think western fuckery with guns and cartography should be used to split apart Venezuela or China or Korea or Vietnam.

the fact that you assume Venezuela having territorial sovereignty will be a net negative for the people living there reveals colossal racism on your part😔

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023

One helpful politrick to discover the correct side of any conflict: find out what side the Great Satan is on, then be on the other side.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

why won't guyana let the referendum happen in the disputed region

very fishy if u ask me

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

uninterrupted posted:

the fact that you assume Venezuela having territorial sovereignty will be a net negative for the people living there reveals colossal racism on your part😔

If Venezuela would be better administrators with regards to treatment of Essequibo and its people, then I'm open to hearing arguments to that end.

My questions aren't rhetorical, they're why I support Palestine over Israel, China over Taiwan, and Russia over Ukraine, I'm entirely open to arguments in favor of returning Essequibo if arguments that doing so would be a net good for the people of Essequibo & for Leftism exist.

Is there a case for Venezuelan control of Essequibo greater than a 300 year border dispute. It's shouldn't be a hard case to make, we're talking about being better on environmental conservation than Exxon.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Punished Turtle posted:

One helpful politrick to discover the correct side of any conflict: find out what side the Great Satan is on, then be on the other side.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Neurolimal posted:

On a knee-jerk basis the full support of the United States government and its eager dogs with or without lanyards is disqualification enough on its own.

With investigation:
https://twitter.com/BenjaminNorton/status/1732566924159250528

quote:

Western financial outlets boast of how much Guyana's GDP has grown. But that has mostly been in extractive industries:

Mining is now 40.6% of GDP
Oil/gas is 32.7%

ExxonMobil is profiting. A small handful of Guyanese elites benefit, but not average people; 48.4% live in poverty.

72.3% of the value of Guyana's exports consists of oil. 10.9% is gold.

Average working people are not benefiting from the rapid GDP growth. Roughly half of the population lives in poverty.

ExxonMobil has a nice giant modern office building, while most people struggle to get by.

Nearly 10% of ExxonMobil's global oil production comes from Guyana: 380,000 barrels per day, out of 4 million.

Exxon plans to expand production there to 1 million barrels per day.

“Guyana stands to be a bigger and bigger piece of Exxon’s production... If something were to happen, Exxon has something to lose here”

Guyana's contract with ExxonMobil is very unfavorable. Guyana only gets 2% of royalties, and just 50% of the profits (75% is the global average).

AP: "The contract is front-loaded, one-sided and riddled with tax, decommissioning and other loopholes that favor the oil companies"

This Harvard journal warns the deal Guyana "struck with Exxon heavily favors the oil giant".

The 50-50 split is lower than the global 75% average.

The "shoddy" deal gives "Exxon an expansive lease area", "spell future troubles for Guyana", and "grants Exxon tremendous control".

https://www.culturalsurvival.org/publications/cultural-survival-quarterly/our-land-our-life-our-culture-indigenous-movement-guyana

quote:

Both the Dutch and the British, and the successor state of Guyana, asserted that all lands not held under grant from the state were crown lands effectively denying Indigenous title and sovereignty. The Independence Agreement between Great Britain and Guyana contained a condition relating to Indigenous peoples requiring that `the ownership of lands, rights of occupancy and other legal rights held by custom or tradition be legally recognized without distinction or disability.' To comply with this condition an Amerindian Lands Commission was established in 1966. The Commission traveled throughout most regions of Guyana holding hearings in Indigenous communities and, in 1969 it issued a report in which it noted Indigenous requests and recommended that 128 Indigenous communities receive title to 24,000 square miles. Indigenous peoples had requested title to 43,000 square miles, slightly more than 50 percent of the country. To date, only 6000 square miles have been titled (4500 square miles in 1976 and 1500 square miles in 1991) and the government is going to great lengths to ensure that additional areas are not recognized. More than 50 communities remain without any legal guarantees for their lands. Furthermore, the titles issued are subject to substantial statutory limitations that render Indigenous tenure dependent upon the good will of the government of the day.

The primary law relating to Indigenous peoples is the Amerindian Act of 1951, amended in 1961 and 1976, and is essentially an expanded version of the 1902 Aboriginal Indians Protection Ordinance. This law, among others, authorizes the Minister of Amerindian Affairs to arbitrarily take, modify or suspend Indigenous land titles in six different ways, including taking a land title if two or more members of a community have shown themselves to be `disloyal or disaffected to the state or have done any voluntary act which is incompatible with their loyalty to the state' (Sec. 20A(4)(d)). Government officials may also: take, sell or otherwise dispose of Indigenous property for `purposes of its care, management or protection' (Sec. 12 (1)(a)); the Minister may take Indigenous children into custody for purposes of their education, welfare or to apprentice them in the service of others (Sec. 40(2) (c)(d)); may relocate Indigenous communities to any region of Guyana (Sec. 40(2)(a)); may prohibit cultural and religious activities that the Minister believes may be harmful (Sec. 40 (2)(f)); and, requires that any non-Amerindian wishing to visit Indigenous lands, even if invited by the community, receive the permission of the Minister of Amerindian Affairs under penalty of fine and imprisonment (Sec. 5).

The Amerindian Act does provide for limited Indigenous self-government, exercised through an appointed, presently elected, village council. The village council is elected by the community for a two-year period and is presided over by a Captain, who is also elected for a two-year period. Under the law, the government has the right to remove Captains and Councilors and replace them at their discretion. The Council holds the community's land title in trust for all members (Sec. 19(1)); is authorized to manage and care for titled lands (Sec. 19(2), and may make rules and regulations for a number of prescribed purposes and specify and enforce penalties for failure to comply therewith (Sec. 21(1)). The Minister, who has the authority to suspend, change or revoke any rule, at any time, for any reason (Sec. 21(3)), must approve the rules made by the Village Council. The authority, albeit limited, of Village Councils to make rules has provided the basis for a far reaching Self-Government Project implemented by the APA at the request of a number of communities. Discussed in greater detail below, this project uses Indigenous legal systems as the basis for regulating a series of external and internal challenges, including biodiversity prospecting, mining and the environment and tourism and is an essential correlate to national reform initiatives.

The impact of multinational and local resource exploitation activities, which have substantially increased since 1990, has highlighted the failure to recognize and guarantee Indigenous rights. Gold and diamond mining concessions presently cover about 35 percent of Guyana - an area encompassing much of the ancestral lands of the Wai Wai, Macusi and Wapisiana peoples - who were neither consulted nor informed about the proposed development. Logging concessions cover around 40 percent of the country and a further 11.4 million acres were made available to multinational companies in 1997.

Resource exploitation has a substantial impact upon Indigenous subsistence and other rights both directly through restrictions on access and indirectly through environmental degradation and social disruption. It is estimated that small-scale miners dumped around 49.37 metric tones of mercury into the environment during the years 1989-1994 and have destroyed many aquatic eco-systems, substantially reducing fish stocks and clean water sources. (Anselmo & MacKay Ms., 42) In 1997 and 1998, mercury release rates were 25 percent higher per annum than 1989-1994 rates. (Ibid) Monitoring and regulatory capacity is minimal to non-existent and existing laws are not enforced the disaster at the Canadian operated Omai Mine provides ample evidence of the consequences of this policy. Indigenous communities and organizations have vigorously opposed this activity, characterizing it as uncontrolled, irresponsible, of little benefit to the nation and highly prejudicial to Indigenous peoples rights and well-being. These complaints have been ignored and the government continues to solicit additional foreign investment and to provide incentives from local mining and logging operations. Indigenous land, subsistence and other rights are also threatened by proposed conservation projects, particularly the proposed World Bank-funded National Protected Areas System Project. This project is presently stalled awaiting negotiations between the government, the World Bank and the Indigenous community Chenapau. We will now look at some of the strategies employed by the Indigenous movement both internally as a means to develop greater consensus and cohesion, and externally, to reshape the relationship between Indigenous peoples and the state.

tl;dr Guyana is a neo-colony who like all other neo-colonies uses the fig leaf of nominal independence as a veneer to give Westerners the peace of mind to shout down those who dare to speak up against the state department line.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Atrocious Joe posted:

The Intercept has an article worth checking out about how the oil industry has already started to transform Guyana. These are just highlights.

https://theintercept.com/2023/06/18/guyana-exxon-mobil-oil-drilling/

so you're just discovering a bunch of poo poo about guyana now and calling for a humanitarian intervention when you knew nothing about the country days before huh. very american

new the onion article: venezuela's invasion of guyana will destabilize south america vs. no it won't

can you verify that a solid majority of the essequibo region want freedom from guyana's neocolonial regime under venezuelan rule?

Yossarian-22 has issued a correction as of 07:22 on Dec 8, 2023

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

uninterrupted posted:

nations actually have the right to territorial sovereignty and self governance

the nazi zionist entity's "territorial sovereignty" was violated on october 7th

are you really going to be a cuck for nation states

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Danann posted:

On a knee-jerk basis the full support of the United States government and its eager dogs with or without lanyards is disqualification enough on its own.

With investigation:
https://twitter.com/BenjaminNorton/status/1732566924159250528

https://www.culturalsurvival.org/publications/cultural-survival-quarterly/our-land-our-life-our-culture-indigenous-movement-guyana

tl;dr Guyana is a neo-colony who like all other neo-colonies uses the fig leaf of nominal independence as a veneer to give Westerners the peace of mind to shout down those who dare to speak up against the state department line.

Thank you. Seems clear that the benefits are that annexation would cripple Exxon's production, and it seems Venezuela is significantly better on human rights WRT indigenous people (particularly that they recognize them, and they don't seem to reserve the ability to arbitrarily take away said rights).

I'm not convinced that Venezuela would go through with this, if the Essequibo natives want this, or if the neighboring states would intervene, but the answer to the basic question of "is Essequibo better off under Venezuela" appears to be "yes."

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Yossarian-22 posted:

so you're just discovering a bunch of poo poo about guyana now and calling for a humanitarian intervention when you knew nothing about the country days before huh. very american

new the onion article: venezuela's invasion of guyana will destabilize south america vs. no it won't

can you verify that a solid majority of the essequibo region want freedom from guyana's neocolonial regime under venezuelan rule?

I want US military and intelligence forces not to be in Guyana or Venezuela, and any US corporations operating in those countries not undermining local laws

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

uninterrupted posted:

No nation has a right to exist.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Isentropy posted:

now consider the fact that the majority of Afro-Guyanese have emigrated and that their high school graduation rate there is 50%, and that the parties are heavily racially segregated with the oil wealth and all economic power being held by the majority “Indians”**, and use that to take a wild guess at how the indigenous people of Guyana are treated

** they’re not really considered Indian by people from the subcontinent, at least in Ontario. but never call them black ever ever ever

ETA: the government there does poo poo like close education and training programs in majority Black areas then reopen them in Indian areas, see item 7 in this report here https://www.ohchr.org/sites/default...cent-guyana.pdf

Lol, every nation backed by the west becomes an ethnostate ruled by pedos.

Must be the socialists' fault.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Punished Turtle posted:

lol yea this is my guiding light with the US and UK whenever i start learning about some new conflict and it almost never fails.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Yossarian-22 posted:

the nazi zionist entity's "territorial sovereignty" was violated on october 7th

are you really going to be a cuck for nation states

As an occupying power it explicitly didn't have it's territorial integrity or sovereignty threatened. Palestine has had it's territorial integrity and right to self-determination systematically violated for decades.

gradenko_2000 posted:

While bourgeois nationalism is still a progressive force in anti-colonial conflicts, yes they do.

WhiskeyWhiskers has issued a correction as of 08:17 on Dec 8, 2023