Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shazbot
Sep 20, 2004
Ah, hon, ya got arby's all over my acoustic wave machine.
I was told no alcohol the night before endoscopy, hth

I am an alcoholic and that was hard. Luckily got some benzos this time around for my nephrectomy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Hollismason posted:

I'm pretty sure they're a alcoholic

This is true. Probably a bad idea.

Last time I went under they had to use a massive dose to keep me under. The VA is very well aware of my drinking habits and I said so but they told me after I woke up that they usually don't see that resistance unless they're a heavy weed smoker, which at the time I guess I was too. I mentioned the booze but didn't think weed would be an issue.

I don't know if it's possible to develop a tolerance to propofol but I've been put under about 50+ times before so maybe that's a factor too. I know that when I was getting ECT the last time I was on zero intoxicants for months but they still had to do some adjusting to dosage and added ketamine.

I'll try not to kill myself folks. :)

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

This is true. Probably a bad idea.

Last time I went under they had to use a massive dose to keep me under. The VA is very well aware of my drinking habits and I said so but they told me after I woke up that they usually don't see that resistance unless they're a heavy weed smoker, which at the time I guess I was too. I mentioned the booze but didn't think weed would be an issue.

I don't know if it's possible to develop a tolerance to propofol but I've been put under about 50+ times before so maybe that's a factor too. I know that when I was getting ECT the last time I was on zero intoxicants for months but they still had to do some adjusting to dosage and added ketamine.

I'll try not to kill myself folks. :)

Good Luck!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

every time I've had to go under I follow the instructions to a T, but with my shoulder and one other one it took me forever to come out and both times I was told, "man, we just pushed you way too much of (whatever benzo they used) because you're just too drat skinny!"

always very reassuring

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

the humble pep

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Looks a bit burnt but I'd eat it

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

maybeadracula posted:

Looks a bit burnt but I'd eat it

lol i like crispy pepperonis

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
So is Pennywise the Frown dead because I've not seen them post.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I was the last patient of the day and after I got home I had a nap until just now!

It went great. I had the same anesthesiologist as last year for my endoscopy and they remembered me so everything went smoothly. She said I metabolize propofol at a very fast rate and they had me to the point of general anesthesia last time but without breathing equipment... yikes... so she had a nice cocktail of propofol with fentanyl, ketamine, and one other one that I couldn't remember them talking about.

shazbot
Sep 20, 2004
Ah, hon, ya got arby's all over my acoustic wave machine.

I was the last patient of the day and after I got home I had a nap until just now!

It went great. I had the same anesthesiologist as last year for my endoscopy and they remembered me so everything went smoothly. She said I metabolize propofol at a very fast rate and they had me to the point of general anesthesia last time but without breathing equipment... yikes... so she had a nice cocktail of propofol with fentanyl, ketamine, and one other one that I couldn't remember them talking about.

He’ll yea sounds like a sweeet cocktail

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Yeah she very clearly remembered me and she was super, super, sweet. I was asking about last time and as I was getting more info from her she probably saw my face visually change when I asked if I got combative. She said it wasn't that bad but didn't entirely say no and she said I reacted like someone would with a tube down their throat. She just kept telling me how concerned they are with me being comfortable and safe and happy. Just a doll. I love the VA. :allears:

I'll probably eat something later, but this was what I had 1 minute after I woke up.

4 day old turkey and cheese sandwich! Not so bad after a day and a half of no food.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Dec 1, 2023

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I am glad you are not dead and that the procedure went well.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

I've heard many sentences about the VA but never this one. good job living tho

stew is not a photogenic medley

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Did some nice steaks with sautéed mushrooms and broccoli.

Pinot noir to deglaze the mushrooms and to drink natch

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Ruined a fillet of sole after trying to fry it up the same way I'd done one of perch a few days ago. It pretty much disintegrated into mush. Still ate it because I didn't have anything else ready to cook tho lol and the actual taste was OK

A real learning experience!

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

Mordja posted:

Ruined a fillet of sole after trying to fry it up the same way I'd done one of perch a few days ago. It pretty much disintegrated into mush. Still ate it because I didn't have anything else ready to cook tho lol and the actual taste was OK

A real learning experience!

fish have so much variance that i almost always look up time and temp, and definitely when it's one i haven't done before or a new method. I've slaughtered a few attempts too many to not at least refresh myself regularly

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

I've heard many sentences about the VA but never this one. good job living tho

Everyone hates them but I'm quite literally alive a few times over because of them and I am incredibly grateful that I have free health care which I wish every American had. I'm 100% disabled though which is what everyone wants and should get if you serve regardless of anything. Yeah, it's not the most convenient and there are a ton of problems but they've only genuinely tried to help me.

I get upset about it sometimes but I know I have it and don't deserve it so I'll appreciate it as much as I can.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

hey, if you've had good experiences, you've had good experiences

went out for a reuben after Godzilla last night. delightful

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Looks good. I got a reuben last night at a local place that I like but it wasn't very good. The pastrami/corned beef they used looked like those super cheap Buddig deli meats and it was chopped up for some odd reason. Never seen that before. Also very wet. I ate most of it anyway. It was $10 for that and seasoned fries. $3 for a pint of Miller Lite. I like that place. I usually just get wings or their jalapeno poppers because they have the good ones with cream cheese.

I also had sloppy joes (much later) last night. Just the cheap Manwich ones. The Packers play tonight and my friend said "I got taco meat in the crockpot for the Packer game later" so I'm guessing he's going to have a taco bar type thing.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Dec 3, 2023

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
When I get Ruebens lately I’ve been asking for the dressing on the side because I find the dunk ‘n bite method a better eating experience, plus a lot of places just really go overboard on sauces.

Anyway, tonight I made two dinners. My wife wanted Hungarian mushroom soup which I’m not a fan of, so I made that for her and spaghetti and meatballs for myself and the kid.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
broccoli cheddar soup with flaky biscuits for dunking

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Sound good, earth pig man.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

their jalapeno poppers because they have the good ones with cream cheese.

The one true popper, get that cheddar bullshit the gently caress outta here

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

lamb meatball subs. i know. should've put sauce on the top slice too. still delicious

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

SilvergunSuperman posted:

The one true popper, get that cheddar bullshit the gently caress outta here

The only thing sonic does decent is their cheddar peppers

Fake cheddar cheese goo has so much more flavor and texture than cream cheese..

I dunno. I dunno

E: oh it's seven dollars for 6 peppers currently.. nm

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

lamb meatball subs. i know. should've put sauce on the top slice too. still delicious

Looks great as usual, you post food and photograph it nicely

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Chicken sandwich with rocket and mayo.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Two late night breakfasts sandwiches.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
I'm really curious about what's happening in that griddle.

Creamy garlic chicken and mushroom with pasta.

It was this much garlic:

The chopping board is clean enough, it's just stained from the skin of the chestnut mushrooms.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Valko posted:

I'm really curious about what's happening in that griddle.

Truly the laziest of kitchen devices.

https://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beach-25475A-Breakfast-Sandwich/dp/B00EI7DPOO?th=1

I got it because smugworth mentioned it somewhere I think.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Valko posted:

It was this much garlic:

Excellent amount of garlic but please add your pasta to the sauce for the last minute or two of cooking

You can use a slotted spoon or tongs to transfer the pasta/spaghetti straight to the sauce, which will bring some of the pasta water with it which when mixed will help make your sauce creamier and coat your pasta better

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Truly the laziest of kitchen devices.

https://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beach-25475A-Breakfast-Sandwich/dp/B00EI7DPOO?th=1

I got it because smugworth mentioned it somewhere I think.

I was just wondering if the other half of the muffin was underneath the egg.

Butterfly Valley posted:

Excellent amount of garlic but please add your pasta to the sauce for the last minute or two of cooking

You can use a slotted spoon or tongs to transfer the pasta/spaghetti straight to the sauce, which will bring some of the pasta water with it which when mixed will help make your sauce creamier and coat your pasta better

I thought we had been over this before. How am I supposed to spread the pasta out to dry if I do that? :colbert:

No, but seriously. I think people misunderstood me last time. I batch cook to save electricity. So I drain the pasta once it's boiled. Leave it in the colander for some of the steam to evaporate. Dunk it in cold water to cool it down and stop it from cooking. Then give it a vigourous shake or toss it into a casserole dish to shake off any excess water. Stick it in some tupperware, drizzle some olive oil on it to keep it from sticking together and then it's ready for the fridge. Then you have pasta ready to reheat in some sauce or jam in the microwave.

Also, there were 4 chicken breasts in the sauce I made, enough for 3 dinners. I didn't have a pot or pan big enough. If I was cooking for more people or going to eat it all at once I would do exactly what you suggested.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

that caused me so much pain to read. the cursed british isles strike again

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Valko posted:

Also, there were 4 chicken breasts in the sauce I made, enough for 3 dinners. I didn't have a pot or pan big enough. If I was cooking for more people or going to eat it all at once I would do exactly what you suggested.

So how are you reheating the pasta if you're not mixing it into the sauce before serving? Are you doing that separately because that would seem wildly more time and energy inefficient, or did you cook the sauce, remove 1 portion and then dollop it on top of cold pasta? Why couldn't you remove the amount of sauce you're doing to save for later and then toss the pasta through the remaining sauce before serving?

Butterfly Valley fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Dec 8, 2023

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
:sigh:

I didn't cool the pasta down to make it fridge ready for the first portion.

The leftover pasta and the sauce are in two different containers in the fridge right now.

I'll mix a portion of both together and microwave it for dinner tomorrow. If my microwave was broken (like last time) I'd reheat it in a frying pan with a little water.

If I had a bigger pot and was serving dinner for four I would have mixed the pasta into the sauce and served it up straight away.

Clear?

Valko fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Dec 8, 2023

drk
Jan 16, 2005
selfposting from the vegan thread

drk posted:

Made an almost* vegan version of this chinese-japanese dish: https://www.justonecookbook.com/beef-green-pepper-stir-fry/

Only major change made to the recipe was using shimeji mushrooms instead of beef and shishito peppers instead of bell peppers

*i also used water instead of chicken broth and there is a tiny amount of oyster sauce in this, but there are vegan versions

Very good, would eat again

the original beef version is also good, but the mushroom version is 🤌

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

drk posted:

selfposting from the vegan thread

the original beef version is also good, but the mushroom version is 🤌

The peppers look kind of unusual. Like ramiro peppers only green. They don't look like bell peppers, what are they?

drk
Jan 16, 2005
Shishito

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

pita wrap with frozen falafel (7/10), with romaine, bell pepper, feta, hummus, and homemade tzatziki.

I make it like twice a week for lunch and dinner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

This is the best drat vinaigrette I've ever had, (would recommend adding a tbs of dijon)

Yes the maple syrup screams :canada: as gently caress but it doesn't come through and mostly adds sweetness to balance and depth of flavour.

Combine it with some chevre or feta on a salad, your favourite veg, maybe some sliced steak...fuckin hell.

https://www.bowlofdelicious.com/creamy-maple-balsamic-dressing/