Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I would not want to play any Seahawks players against SF this week, unless I’m missing something about their rush defense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Yea I’m avoiding Walker this week. Hoping he’s fully healthy next week though.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Texted two people about what they thought regarding the trade deadline. They ignored me. I left the group chat, I'm planning to quit the league as soon as I'm eliminated, and the more I think about this the more mad I'm going to be.

Problem is they're a friend group that's closer and I'm one of the odd ones out. If it was anyone in the group they'd definitely feel differently.

Hoping Lamar, Achane, Pollar, CeeDee, Evans, Pittman, Puka, and Patty Fri is enough to Will me to a Bye.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

I’m sitting Najee and playing Keaton Mitchell against the Rams I want no part of tonight’s shitshow

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Bird in a Blender posted:

Any word on Walker? I'm hoping he's back this week, but figuring he's going to share a lot of load with Charbonet.

Impossible to tell since the Seahawks and Carroll are so opaque and nonsensical about injuries. Both could play, neither, could play, one or the other could play. Check tomorrow's reports.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I would not want to play any Seahawks players against SF this week, unless I’m missing something about their rush defense

Would you rather play Lockett or Romeo Doubs?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Judgy Fucker posted:

Would you rather play Lockett or Romeo Doubs?

I don’t hate Doubs going forward with Watson out. He’s first guy on my bench and I am happy with that.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Roschon Johnson is sitting on the waiver wire right now. With Terry on Bye and Walker hurt, I’m currently running with London and Spears in my flex spots. He worth a matchup against the Lions enough to probably have to drop Saints defense and slot in?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Lol fuuuck I should've started Zeke

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Dango Bango posted:

Lol fuuuck I should've started Zeke

Lol I defied everyone and started him. I finally trusted my gut and it’s paying off.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Not only did i lose Rhamondre while fighting for a playoff spot, i get to face Zeke. Sweet

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

It was right about Diontae :stare:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I’m telling ya, just remember to keep backup QBs, injuries, and weather in mind and it’s an awesome tool to help finalise decisions

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Dango Bango posted:

It was right about Diontae :stare:

Mother FUCKER

Edit: watching the game it wasn’t a bad call. Diontae has a single catch for a TD and the offense looks like poo poo with Mitch throwing.

Zeke, though…didn’t see that coming. As a Rhamondre owner who dropped him for Houston DST…gulp.

Anti-Hero fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Dec 8, 2023

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Is yahoo not updating NE DST for anyone else? It’s stuck on 8pts instead of like 4

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

They didn't credit me the 2 points for the Steelers punt block either.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Something is borked I guess

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I feel like keeping Diontae on my team is going to just infect everyone else with Bad Football Player Syndrome

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Watching Zeke smash with Rhamondre dead is a good summary of how this season has gone for me at RB across every league. Starters suck rear end and/or get hurt, I have 4 backups on my bench, none of them are the right backup though and they just clog up space for 14 weeks

Like if I had rolled the dice on Zeke instead of Rico Dowdle a few weeks ago I’d be sitting pretty. Oh well. They’re called lottery tickets for a reason

I did the same thing last year sitting on Rachaad White and Jaylen Warren all year waiting for the starter to lose his job

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Dec 8, 2023

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Grabbed Zeke in 2 of my 3 leagues this week, forgot they were playing tonight or I probably would have started him in one of them. On the one hand it doesn't matter because I'm locked in as the 1 seed in one league and exiled from the playoffs in the other. But man, I wish I had played him in the league where I'm out of the playoffs as it would have improved my chances of knocking my opponent out too. Dang.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

Theres a universe where Bailey Zappe checks down to Zeke 15x per game ROS, somebody with bad luck plz grab him up so we dont need to worry about "Ezekiel Elliot: Fantasy Champion Maker"

WHY DIDNT THE BAD LUCK HAVERS ROSTER HIM, I SPECIFICALLY REQUESTED BAD LUCK HAVERS TO ROSTER HIM

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

WHY DIDNT THE BAD LUCK HAVERS ROSTER HIM, I SPECIFICALLY REQUESTED BAD LUCK HAVERS TO ROSTER HIM

There is a fatal flaw in counting on bad luck havers to come through…….

I would have been thrilled to play Zeke this week but in one league he was drafted and held all year by a huge Pats homer (the team that did this is 2-11 lol) and in another he was picked up weeks ago as a bench lotto ticket. Which annoyingly paid off for a good luck haver :argh:

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
Zeke and Kyren winning leagues. Just like every fantasy analyst said and we all said and everyone said forever and always.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

lol, the guy with elliot in my league is facing the guy with hunter henry. that's gotta frustrate both.

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...
Here I was thinking I was pretty safe going against Henry. Motherfucker had his game of the century.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
I sat Diontae Johnson to start Justin Jefferson. I really hope Jefferson's back in shape.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Picked up Zeke on waivers and got gun shy on starting him over Zack Moss, feels bad :(

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Playing the worst team in the league who has been tanking since Week 5, is 1-12, but now is guaranteed 1st pick next year so he’s back to trying to win again.

Guess who picked up and started Zeke? Looks like this isn’t going to be the cakewalk I thought it would be.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The X-man cometh posted:

I sat Diontae Johnson to start Justin Jefferson. I really hope Jefferson's back in shape.

Honestly mate if Jefferson doesn’t get at least 13 or whatever points, then he took all that time off for naught. His floor this season has been 20, while 13 seems to be close to Diontae’s ceiling this season

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Whoreson Welles posted:

Playing the worst team in the league who has been tanking since Week 5, is 1-12, but now is guaranteed 1st pick next year so he’s back to trying to win again.

Guess who picked up and started Zeke? Looks like this isn’t going to be the cakewalk I thought it would be.

TBH I respect that level of commitment to griefing once the tank is locked up. Most people would just log off. You’ve got a pro troll in your midst

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I have to admit that I love our tanking rules in our 14-team league. If you have the first or second worst record, you don’t draft there next year, you draft eighth and seventh respectively. 1-6 draft spots are reserved for the winners of the toilet bowl.

Really has cut down on the deliberate tanking.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
In an interesting turn of events my fantasy group chat is now bashing me for making a big deal about the trade deadline debacle and insulted me by calling me "Mr. Pro Palestine" so, I quit the league for next year lol

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

I'm gonna lose the prize for most PF this season because the Steelers and Pats scored a bunch of points in a Thursday night game. My main competition started Hunter Henry and Zeke. Who woulda thunk.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Good Will Hrunting posted:

In an interesting turn of events my fantasy group chat is now bashing me for making a big deal about the trade deadline debacle and insulted me by calling me "Mr. Pro Palestine" so, I quit the league for next year lol

What in the gently caress lol

Also I guess I have my team name for next year picked out, the "Pro Palestine Pros"

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Yeah the league is predominantly Jewish and we have a few IDF fans, and a few folks got mad at my pro Pal charity donations on IG / FB so I guess that's where this hatred is coming from.

If I win I'm donating half or so to Palestinian charities.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

You should drop your team too. Unless you know these guys IRL and want to maintain a friendship with any of them, but otherwise just throw a grenade.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Yeah cutting ties with these morons and moving on is 100% the correct call. Hopefully you win a championship on the way out lol

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
I know them all IRL through my best friend, who introduced me to one of them who I've been friends with but have been growing distant from. My BF has already quit the league a year or two ago because of poo poo like this.

I'll do a Goon league next year.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Silly Burrito posted:

I have to admit that I love our tanking rules in our 14-team league. If you have the first or second worst record, you don’t draft there next year, you draft eighth and seventh respectively. 1-6 draft spots are reserved for the winners of the toilet bowl.

Really has cut down on the deliberate tanking.

I’m all for anti-tanking rules but this sounds incredibly punishing if someone actually has a bad team and is doing their best.

Over the years we’ve tried different methods and ultimately just decided to pull the ripcord on trying to stop tanking. It will always happen and there’s no fair fix for it that isn’t just “well the league thinks you’re tanking, you MUST start your best players.”

The best we’ve come up with is that you at least have to field a full active roster. And in a keeper league, sure you can drop someone to pick up a third string nobody, but with small benches you risk dropping someone who could provide keeper value into the season you’re trying to tank for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The solution to tanking is to not reward the teams for having a worse record.

In my dynasty league the top 4 teams make the playoffs and the 6 who don’t get entered in a lottery for the top 6 spots in the draft.

Problem solved