Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Bad Representation is just that, a not very good but not entirely crippled core made with relatively early-game parts (i think, Morley might not be until later).

The Morley itself can be difficult to use, but the Ludlow (not the Curtis!) is fine, the plasma missile is good....and the Ranratsu-AR is one of the worst guns in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Captain Foo posted:

Bad Representation is just that, a not very good but not entirely crippled core made with relatively early-game parts (i think, Morley might not be until later).

I demand a Bad Ratpresentation as well.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Is there any pay-off for fighting versus avoiding named characters?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

vilkacis posted:

Is there any pay-off for fighting versus avoiding named characters?
Most of them drop logs, which both get you cash and are needed for full completion

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Fun fact:
In the same way that the guy who gives the initial missions on behalf of Schneider early on is V.VIII Pater (the guy with the pleasant British-ish voice), the guy who gives the briefings on behalf of Dafeng is G6 Red.
This is almost impossible to notice since unlike Pater he doesn't introduce himself, and so it's easy to assume that it's actually G1 Michigan (who also plays up the drill sergeant front) talking to you until you eventually do come across G6 Red in the game.

edit: corrected Balam to Dafeng. Dafeng is a Balam subsidiary in the same way that Schneider is an Arquebus subsidiary.
double edit: Hang on, he does say it in the video (though it's easy not to link him with the earlier Dafeng missions you had to do). I had completely missed that in my memory.

bewilderment fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Dec 8, 2023

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Yeah, I actually assumed it was Michigan giving all the briefings until this video. They sound very alike.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

AtomikKrab posted:

Gotta use the Bu/TT

I want some butt blade action.

Also I don't think Ziya is dead, she didn't do a death scream or have her comms stop mid sentence, she finished all of her words after her machine was down.

I won't get a chance to watch the video for a few days so spoilers ahead in case it's not yet unlocked: I'd like to request the laserblade on the back shoulder to supplement the pulse blade requested earlier.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

let's do the VP-44S head, it looks cool

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Why aren't the RLF hiring 621 too? Not enough money?

The Lone Badger fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Dec 8, 2023

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

The Lone Badger posted:

Why aren't the RLF hiring 621 too? Not enough money?

They are though? Like the last mission of the video was them hiring 621 to go investigate something for them.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Hunt11 posted:

They are though?

I was only halfway through the video when I posted.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Walter is also picky about the jobs he's offering to 621. Using only information shown in the videos so far, his mission is apparently finding Coral that is not the trickle at the BAWS arsenal but is presumably a larger source. He also wants 621 to build enough of a reputation to get the corps attention.

So, Walter only puts forward missions to 621 that further his intel gathering or that seem impressive. He probably wants 621 to be at the front of whatever force finds the 'big coral'.

NHO
Jun 25, 2013

And BAWS is all you need

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

JT Jag posted:

Most of them drop logs, which both get you cash and are needed for full completion

So nothing where they show up to hassle you later on if you don't kill them the first time, or extra dialogue for leaving them alive?

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!
I love how Little Ziyi's bot looks like it just has plate steel bolted on in place of armor. like it was built out of the salvaged parts of other bots and armored up with the toughest bits of trash they could find. visual storytelling, gotta love it.

By the way are we getting that "end of chapter 1" parts list? Kinda hard to make the AmalGoonMation work well if we don't know what we've got to work with.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

vilkacis posted:

So nothing where they show up to hassle you later on if you don't kill them the first time, or extra dialogue for leaving them alive?

Certain characters will have alternate dialogues in some missions where it's possible to ignore them (when working with the Redguns, you can just ignore Index Dunham and go take out the last objective to hear him be sad about it) but anything that would significantly affect a later mission is called out as an explicit decision point.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

bewilderment posted:

Certain characters will have alternate dialogues in some missions where it's possible to ignore them (when working with the Redguns, you can just ignore Index Dunham and go take out the last objective to hear him be sad about it) but anything that would significantly affect a later mission is called out as an explicit decision point.

Yeah, I missed Dunham's alternate quote if you just go right for the final objective marker in the dam mission, but Ziyi doesn't have any alternate dialog if you just grab the log and run or let time run out with out killing her, so that's why it's not in the video.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

stryth posted:

By the way are we getting that "end of chapter 1" parts list? Kinda hard to make the AmalGoonMation work well if we don't know what we've got to work with.

Here's our up-to-date End of Chapter 1 parts list, for people looking for ideas on what to contribute to the new AC:

RIGHT AND LEFT ARM WEAPONS

LEFT ARM EXCLUSIVE WEAPONS

RIGHT AND LEFT BACK WEAPONS

LEFT BACK EXCLUSIVE WEAPONS

HEADS

CORES

ARMS

LEGS

BOOSTERS

FCS

GENERATORS

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
So far our new build consists of

HEAD: VP-44S
CORE: DF-BD-08 TIAN-QIANG
ARMS: VP-46S
LEGS: MELLANDER C3

R ARM WEAPON: DF-BA-06 XUAN-GE
L ARM WEAPON: HI-32: BU-TT/A
BACK R WEAPON:
BACK L WEAPON:

BOOSTERS:
FCS:
GENERATOR: VP-20D
EXPANSION:

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Frankly I vote for whatever FCS you can use with your build that doesn't make your life hell since it's one of those things you pick once you know what weapons you've got.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

nine-gear crow posted:

So far our new build consists of

BACK R WEAPON:
BACK L WEAPON:

BOOSTERS:
FCS:
EXPANSION:

There has been a request for the the other melee weapon for a certain uhm... danmaku based boss I think

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

For a future redesign, how close can we get to President Michael Wilson's mech from Metal Wolf Chaos?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

theenglishman posted:

For a future redesign, how close can we get to President Michael Wilson's mech from Metal Wolf Chaos?

WIth the added caveat that it's only used when we get hired by the Rubicon Liberation Front.

For we are representing the GREAT PLANET OF RUBICON!

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

theenglishman posted:

Very close, can't have ALL of those weapons in the back, but as seen in the tank training portion, there are indeed giant gatling guns we can use.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Is that pulse gun what was trained on 621 when they were on the operating table? That's hosed up! Put those on, in a future build.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
What would one of those pulse guns even do to human flesh?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Pulse it

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I see a lot of posts but no one's actually picked any real parts yet 🤔

Also keep in mind with OS Tuning unlocked, we now have theoretical access to Expansions and Weapon Bays once we beat a couple of Arena chumps and get some chips. So we can now put upto FOUR arm weapons on the AC if you wish it. However, actual back weapons preclude expansion slots, so keep that in mind.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

nine-gear crow posted:

I see a lot of posts but no one's actually picked any real parts yet 🤔

Also keep in mind with OS Tuning unlocked, we now have theoretical access to Expansions and Weapon Bays once we beat a couple of Arena chumps and get some chips. So we can now put upto FOUR arm weapons on the AC if you wish it. However, actual back weapons preclude expansion slots, so keep that in mind.

Someone else asked for it but I’ll formalize it: Back L weapon: Laserblade

Nuclear Kitten
Sep 30, 2021
Let's get a Pulse Gun on back right. two weapons at once is plenty.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
FCS-G2 PO5 A nice balance.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Okay, we're on to something here.

BACK R WEAPON: HI-16: GU-Q1
BACK L WEAPON: Vvc-770LB

BOOSTERS:
FCS: FCS-G2 PO5
EXPANSION:

I don't think we're gonna have the chips to unlock both weapon bays and Expansions after beating the F-rank arena chumps, so we just need a set of boosters, and then it's time to paint the thing.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

ALULA/21E

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Secondary color: neon raspberry

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Okay, one of you screwed up.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

The VP20D weighs how much more than the next heaviest one?!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Geemer posted:

The VP20D weighs how much more than the next heaviest one?!

If you all want to keep the weapons and frame as is, your only options for generators are the JOSO or the VP-20S. Everything else is either too heavy or two weak to support this setup. So Ismene, you have a choice to make.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Everythings coming up JOSO! Not to unduly influence you Ismene.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Get the Vp-20s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I'm sad we're still rocking a single pair of legs when we have options for treads or quad-legs.