Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

fun hater posted:

absolutely. this is actually kind of insane to look at lol:

And now Facebook, Google and Microsoft all have the AI gimmick to juice the numbers with for a bit longer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

dmboogie posted:

is anyone in this thread capable of not reading posts in the worst faith possible

Yes, but those two just showed up because I guess they felt there was an open hole in the earth that needed to be filled with poo poo.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Is Skinwalker Ranch a pun? How did I just realize that 20 years later?

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

I AM GRANDO posted:

no, it's racism

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I AM GRANDO posted:

It’s good on pizza

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

I AM GRANDO posted:

no it was one of those cattle mutilation ranches that became the subject of cryptozoologists and bc it borders a reservation it got the nickname lol. the lunatic who used to own it is desantis' largest supporter lol

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Is it named for Skywalker Ranch, or is it just a coincidence?

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

I AM GRANDO posted:

Is it named for Skywalker Ranch, or is it just a coincidence?

If anything, Skywalker Ranch was play on Skinwalker Ranch

IIRC, it's been called that since the mid '70s at least

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Cool. Parapsychology’s fun until you realize it’s just racism.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Bigfoot guys have a purity I admire. They can stay.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

I AM GRANDO posted:

Cool. Parapsychology’s fun until you realize it’s just racism.

i think the vast majority of it is not racist thankfully but it is mostly just drunk guys getting swooped by owls lol

e:

fun hater fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Dec 8, 2023

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

If I ever start a cryptids youtube channel it'll be called Bears, Booze, and Barn Owls.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Barn owls are cryptids

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbgVV9MWj08

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

fun hater posted:

no it was one of those cattle mutilation ranches that became the subject of cryptozoologists and bc it borders a reservation it got the nickname lol. the lunatic who used to own it is desantis' largest supporter lol

Dude also runs a tidy little business charging ghost and paranormal hunters thousands of dollars a pop to "investigate" the ranch and poo poo.

Hell, if I ended up with a property "known" to be a "paranormal hotspot" I'd do the same thing. Minus the chuddery and racism.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
it’s just part of a long tradition of ranch naming

like Rick Perry’s ranch

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Aliens, cryptids, and conspiracies about secret alien bases loving own

They’re so much fun

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

fun hater posted:

Bigelow also bribed a poo poo ton of confidential patient info from a MUFON abduction hypnotherapist named John Carpenter, good vibes all around

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

nordic aliens, an alien encounter phenomenon from the mid-to-late 50s, sounds like it's going to be racist when you first learn about it, but it's actually mostly about proto-hippies telling stories about scandanavian looking astro hunks and space babes visting earthlings and telling us to do world peace and ban nuclear weapons

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Ivypls posted:

nordic aliens, an alien encounter phenomenon from the mid-to-late 50s, sounds like it's going to be racist when you first learn about it, but it's actually mostly about proto-hippies telling stories about scandanavian looking astro hunks and space babes visting earthlings and telling us to do world peace and ban nuclear weapons

lol I hate to be that guy but a lot of the early contactees were hanging around with guys like William Dudley Pelley and George Hunt Williamson who were trying to spin up neonazi mysticism after WWII

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Lady Radia posted:

you can hate wendigoon or not like his content or think he’s dumb or whatever without trying to find evidence he’s a chud. jfc

The fact that he was a founding member of the Boogaloo Boys is a gigantic red flag. Their entire deal is agitating to kick off the next US civil war (the Boogaloo) and members have murdered several people, were involved in the plot to kidnap Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer, were pretty central to the January 6 attack on the Capitol, etc etc.. Even though he left early on he's probably still being monitored by the Department of Homeland Security.

On the other hand, given that he was a big 4channer and seems to be extremely irony poisoned and terminally online on top of being dumb as hell I could totally believe that he might help start up a militia whose aim was to help start the next civil war and bring down the government "for the kek" but quickly became disillusioned when the movement started attracting people who took it seriously

Crain posted:

Dude also runs a tidy little business charging ghost and paranormal hunters thousands of dollars a pop to "investigate" the ranch and poo poo.

Hell, if I ended up with a property "known" to be a "paranormal hotspot" I'd do the same thing. Minus the chuddery and racism.

I saw a video recently where someone stayed overnight at the Stanley Hotel which is one of those places that every single ghosthunting TV show and Youtube channel has spotlighted and went on one of their ghost tours and pointed out that staff members will secretly follow the tour and make spooky noises and tap on windows
E: it was Danny Gonzalez

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Ivypls posted:

the brazilian dude who banged an alien babe (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ant%C3%B4nio_Vilas-Boas)

Enemabag Jones
Mar 24, 2015

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I saw a video recently where someone stayed overnight at the Stanley Hotel which is one of those places that every single ghosthunting TV show and Youtube channel has spotlighted and went on one of their ghost tours and pointed out that staff members will secretly follow the tour and make spooky noises and tap on windows
I'm in the wrong loving career.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

That bottle blonde's okay but she's no Aura Rhanes ...

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
By the way if anyone is interested in cryptozoology and conspiracies we have a discussion thread in PYF where we share lots of videos and news articles and hunt down original sources

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I want to make a movie about MUFON. poo poo so so drat funny

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

CelticPredator posted:

MUFON is a mess!

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Ok Comboomer posted:

https://youtu.be/Pf64nBAfujk?si=P9hHkTpycetKG_kT

it starts out as a discussion of secrecy and becomes about imperialist make-work and the business of, well, capitalism

brought to you by Ground News

Area 51

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It fuckin owns. In the film I’m trying to make now I have the main character in a group called ZUFON which I named after last podcast host henry zebrowski. He had it in the live show and I was like yee that’s it. That’s the org.

I might reach out for permission lol

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

CelticPredator posted:

It fuckin owns. In the film I’m trying to make now I have the main character in a group called ZUFON which I named after last podcast host henry zebrowski. He had it in the live show and I was like yee that’s it. That’s the org.

I might reach out for permission lol

noice, the uh, Zetetic UFO Network

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I AM GRANDO posted:

fun until you realize it’s just racism.
Me in the 90s discovering all of my interests online

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
:gas:

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

lol I hate to be that guy but a lot of the early contactees were hanging around with guys like William Dudley Pelley and George Hunt Williamson who were trying to spin up neonazi mysticism after WWII

honestly that's not super surprising. but the stories are so hokey now that it's hard to take them seriously as serious attempts at white supremacy

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

CelticPredator posted:

Maybe you should MUF ON deez nuts

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Haha MUFON deez--

DC Murderverse posted:

Maybe you should MUF ON deez nuts

<:mad:>

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Slower than disclosure

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Enemabag Jones posted:

I'm in the wrong loving career.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

fun hater posted:

absolutely. this is actually kind of insane to look at lol:

holy poo poo, Alphabet/Google is miles below Meta/FB and Microsoft. and apparently have been for a while now. what happened?

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/NTHerrgott/status/1732547235257213180

https://www.ntherrgott.com/responseto

Nick Hergott posted his response to the Somerton scandal. It feels like he wrote this without watching the Todd video because it only deals with the plagiarism accusation, not the making poo poo up stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Mr Interweb posted:

holy poo poo, Alphabet/Google is miles below Meta/FB and Microsoft. and apparently have been for a while now. what happened?

Huh? that's just the stock price per share, not the market cap (total number of shares times the stock price)

Of the three Meta has the lowest market cap currently

trucutru fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Dec 8, 2023