Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I wonder if all that stuff was a personal decision by silver, it’s all so shoddily done. There were a few tournament games where the mavs didn’t use the new court because pieces were defective.

The whole thing smacks of someone having a terrible idea and being given absolute authority to make said terrible idea happen. Hard to imagine anyone but Silver having that kind of power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

I mean it makes sense, you want people to tell at a glance that it's a tourney game. Better to make the court different than putting an icon on the screen or something. Execution however...

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Azathoth posted:

The whole thing smacks of someone having a terrible idea and being given absolute authority to make said terrible idea happen. Hard to imagine anyone but Silver having that kind of power.

forums admins have that kind of power

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Chronicles posted:

I mean it makes sense, you want people to tell at a glance that it's a tourney game. Better to make the court different than putting an icon on the screen or something. Execution however...

based on his kissinger stuff i think hes just a dumb guy lol

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

he looks like a vampire

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

fart simpson posted:

forums admins have that kind of power

jfc i really should have looked around the admin panel more

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

fart simpson posted:

he looks like a vampire

he's weird looking to the point that I find it surprising he was allowed to achieve such a public-facing position

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

euphronius posted:

hey Halliburton was a great pick tho

The Kings really had Magic Johnson and Kevin Johnson and chose to trade Magic

We could have had Haliburton and Sharpe. Unreal. Sabonis is drat good but the Fox-Sabonis combo will never win a ring and just be a middling playoff team for years to come

Yossarian-22 has issued a correction as of 07:26 on Dec 8, 2023

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Man it'd be funny if Lebron won another mickey mouse ring by winning this in season tourney

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Yossarian-22 posted:

The Kings really had Magic Johnson and Kevin Johnson and chose to trade Magic

We could have had Haliburton and Sharpe. Unreal. Sabonis is drat good but the Fox-Sabonis combo will never win a ring and just be a middling playoff team for years to come

:qq:

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
The courts crack me up because they're so garish and painful sometimes that I'm reminded of like being a 11 year old picking my invision/proboards/whatever forum skin. Neon green dark mode!! Oh yeah red and black would be perfect!!

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I found Adam silvers treasure trove of IST court concepts

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yossarian-22 posted:

Man it'd be funny if Lebron won another mickey mouse ring by winning this in season tourney

You mean it would be legendary if the GOAT stacked up another W on his already incredible record.

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

Atlanta couldve had Luka Doncic.
Charlotte could have had Kobe.

Kings have always sucky to playoff pretender. So have we. Doesnt mean we arent fun to watch.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

yikes, real glad I didn't tune into the Pels/Lakers game

what the gently caress happened there

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

LeBron wants something MJ can never have over him

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Vox Nihili posted:

yikes, real glad I didn't tune into the Pels/Lakers game

what the gently caress happened there

The Lakers played like it was an actual playoff game, lots of hustle, got every loose ball, tons of defensive effort, etc. and the Pels just seemed to treat it as another regular season game (which it was, but whatever).

Basically the Lakers had a lotta extra effort everywhere (LeBron took 3 charges for example) while the Pels just got more and more demoralized every time they'd play good defense and LeBron would do LeBron things and score / set up an open look anyway.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
lejoke should probably preserve some energy for the playoffs

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

tristeham posted:

lejoke should probably preserve some energy for the playoffs

I don't see why. When AD has his annual season-ending injury, they're gonna need every early win they can to fall backwards into the play-in tournament. Even without the in season tourney, these are all playoff games for them.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

I'm confident he'll have enough in the tank for the 2-6 games it takes for them to be knocked out of the actual playoffs

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Yossarian-22 posted:

actually, lebron rules

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

indigi posted:

LeBron wants something MJ can never have over him

he'll never beat MJ for number of retirements, MJ continues to be the GOAT in quitting on his team

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Azathoth posted:

he'll never beat MJ for number of retirements, MJ continues to be the GOAT in quitting on his team
first-ballot unanimous selection for the Getting Your Dad Murdered HoF

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

TenementFunster posted:

actually, lebron rules

Nobody is denying Lebron's insane level of old man greatness or career greatness here

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

The Rockets are trying their hardest to blow a 25 point lead, which they had 6 minutes ago, it's down to 7 points with under 3 minutes left.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Also there's a nonzero chance a fight breaks out, this is getting real chippy

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Would be first road win for Rockets and first home loss for Nuggets

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Yossarian-22 posted:

Nobody is denying Lebron's insane level of old man greatness or career greatness here

i am

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Jokic is washed

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Poppers posted:

Jokic is washed

He's had two amazingly inefficient games in his last two idk what's up with him. Happened right after Murray came back

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Yossarian-22 posted:

He's had two amazingly inefficient games in his last two idk what's up with him. Happened right after Murray came back

he’s simply too old now

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Yossarian-22 posted:

I wanna bet money on Halliburton being MVP and the Thunder being first in the West

Bump

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Yossarian-22 posted:

He’s a bum

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Poppers posted:

Goons love Nikola Jokic because he’s white. And that’s politics.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nets had a great time beating up a bunch of trash eastern conference teams and now they're going to be BTFO'd on a 5 game tour of the West. good luck to bridges Claxton and all my homies .

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I know no one cares but embiid is playing next level ball

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

he’s probably hurt his knee anyway

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

So I've basically got the choice this game of hearing either "Doc" Rivers or Kevin Hart? I swear I'll never bitch about the rando announcers I've never heard of again. This poo poo is loving dire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

lol I literally bet on that this morning for some reason, idk why