Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Mr. Fish posted:

the Islanders actually managed to hold onto a third period lead for once! Imagine if they could do that consistently...

kill me now posted:

They would be up there with the rangers if they didn’t collapse 10 times in the 3rd so far this season.

I thought that was Columbus' thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/1732958779317051692?s=20

Welp, that's not good. A Martin Jones/Ilya Samsonov tandem playing in front of defenceman 7-9 on the depth chart (soon to be 8-10 as Timmins gets inevitably injured in the next couple games) sounds like a lot of 5-4 games coming up.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
https://twitter.com/AlexDaugherty1/status/1732987198671085604

Watson being a piece of poo poo per usual

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
no place in the game, however, it’s funny when it happens to Lightning players so it should happen more

https://twitter.com/zjlaing/status/1616297518501105668?s=46&t=M1v0104mu8Y4ldpII8R_rQ

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Hot drat Hertl is having the best week of play in his life.

Sucks that they beat the red wings, but I’ve enjoyed watching the Sharks come out swinging. Same with the recent Yotes rise too, even though they got dummied last night. I like when bad teams turn it around.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Bard Maddox posted:

no place in the game, however, it’s funny when it happens to Lightning players so it should happen more

https://twitter.com/zjlaing/status/1616297518501105668?s=46&t=M1v0104mu8Y4ldpII8R_rQ

this is how every team should break umbrella blocking

AntiDepressor
Jun 3, 2011
Habs are back to being a cellar dweller. Only bright spot is Slaf actually looking decent.

Also dam LA looks real good this year

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Lmao at anyone who thinks Watson could aim a slap shot

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL

Jhet posted:

No one in this thread is going to agree with you. It doesn’t matter how much force is in the contact, Okposo’s stick is in his midsection.

Now let’s get you out on the ice in goalie pads, put you in a butterfly and see how hard it is to push you over. It doesn’t take a lot of force to push people over in that straight up position trying to close off the posts.
Grzelcyk runs into Ullmarks left pad, pushing him backward and turning his body. Okposo's stick is seen going under Ullmark, but not pushing him. Zacha's stick is the one in his midsection, hitting his blocker and it finishes pushing him over, after what Grzrelcyk began. You never actually see Okposo make contact.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Toronto has better cameras than you see.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
It's pretty weird that the Conspiracy to Help the Bruins apparently takes May and June off every year

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

th3t00t posted:

Grzelcyk runs into Ullmarks left pad, pushing him backward and turning his body. Okposo's stick is seen going under Ullmark, but not pushing him. Zacha's stick is the one in his midsection, hitting his blocker and it finishes pushing him over, after what Grzrelcyk began. You never actually see Okposo make contact.

Never makes contact but is under his pad making contact. Hmmm... You can't pitchfork the goalie and score, this isn't new.

I guess I should have qualified it by saying "no one that's not a Sabres fan".

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Bortuzzo to the Isles for a 7th round pick

Plan the parade Lou Lam

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

stab posted:

Bortuzzo to the Isles for a 7th round pick

Plan the parade Lou Lam

lol

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Jhet posted:

Never makes contact but is under his pad making contact. Hmmm... You can't pitchfork the goalie and score, this isn't new.

I guess I should have qualified it by saying "no one that's not a Sabres fan".

I think I learned in physics class that we can never actually "touch" anything as two atoms cannot occupy the same space or something like that. So if you really think about it, that should be a good goal as it's impossible to interfere with the goalie on an atomic level.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Simplex posted:

I think I learned in physics class that we can never actually "touch" anything as two atoms cannot occupy the same space or something like that. So if you really think about it, that should be a good goal as it's impossible to interfere with the goalie on an atomic level.

Well when you put it that way we can get away with all the penalties too, because they're not actually hitting me with a stick in the face, it's just atomically impossible.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
I'm finally free of Robert Bortuzzo, just like 6 years too late.

Isles gave up a 7th for him

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
https://x.com/JG_PxP/status/1733247060281819640?s=20

Pens starting to get a bit desperate. Would be hard for them to look worse than they did the other night though so why not, play these guys

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Ginette Reno posted:

https://x.com/JG_PxP/status/1733247060281819640?s=20

Pens starting to get a bit desperate. Would be hard for them to look worse than they did the other night though so why not, play these guys

It's almost like they're just a garden variety bad team with no more cards to play..... nahhhh, that can't be it. They're the Penguins!

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Mike_V posted:

I'm finally free of Robert Bortuzzo, just like 6 years too late.

Isles gave up a 7th for him

Seems like an overpayment, but the Leafs will trade a 3rd for Bortuzzo in a month

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Eric the Mauve posted:

It's almost like they're just a garden variety bad team with no more cards to play..... nahhhh, that can't be it. They're the Penguins!

They have one more card to play but they're unwilling to play it (fire Sullivan)

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

All the old guys are washed, I’m sorry to say.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Ginette Reno posted:

They have one more card to play but they're unwilling to play it (fire Sullivan)

Might get a dead cat bounce for a few weeks but it's not going to make the players any younger

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Dr. Lunchables posted:

All the old guys are washed, I’m sorry to say.

Eric the Mauve posted:

Might get a dead cat bounce for a few weeks but it's not going to make the players any younger

Malkin has been looking a bit washed lately :(. Crosby is still crazy good. EK and Letang have been mostly good outside of the PP. Goaltending has been great.

Honestly their 5v5 play has been mostly fine if they had a functional PP they're a comfortable playoff team but their PP is historically bad and I don't see any reasons to believe it will climb out of that (short of putting a new coach/coaching staff in charge of it).

If they struggle much longer I would probably shitcan Sullivan and see if that does anything. They don't really have anything to lose.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Penguins clearly need to trade for Tyler Myers. Future prospects or best offer.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

grack posted:

Trade Crosby for Ovechkin and then we’ll trade back in the Spring.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

grack posted:

Don’t be silly, they don’t have any future prospects.

Would you take a bucket of pucks?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Jhet posted:

Don’t be silly, they don’t have any future prospects.

Would you take a bucket of pucks?

Done, no take backs. Myers will be bundled up and shipped to Pittsburgh on the next cargo plane large enough.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

We have this Ryan Suter if anyone wants it. It'll "play" hockey for like 22 mins a night.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

grack posted:

Done, no take backs. Myers will be bundled up and shipped to Pittsburgh on the next cargo plane large enough.

I imagine they move giraffes by land when possible, it’s more humane.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

please for the love of god, Dubas

fire the coaching staff they're cooked

0-39 on the powerplay is absurd

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Holy poo poo, who’s 0-39 on the PP? I musta missed that stat

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

A team with Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin, Erik Karlsson, and Kris Letang on it.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Dr. Lunchables posted:

Holy poo poo, who’s 0-39 on the PP? I musta missed that stat

May as well be the Caps too.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Caps went from 10/29-11/29 without a PPG. On another fallow stretch now

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.
Pens are going to have to play at a .800 clip just to scratch into the playoffs at this point.

They aren't making it.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

And next year, when they will probably finish bottom 5 in the league and have a good shot at the #1 pick... San Jose will get their pick.

:tif:

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Eric the Mauve posted:

And next year, when they will probably finish bottom 5 in the league and have a good shot at the #1 pick... San Jose will get their pick.

:tif:

Good

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

They're probably not done trading future top-5 picks for veterans, either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit

"The Athletic posted:

NHL 2023-24 bold predictions, revisited: How our preseason prognostications are holding up two months in

quote:

Chicago Blackhawks
Preseason bold prediction: Corey Perry will become a beloved figure in Chicago

Outlook two months in: Not happening