Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
Steeple 19: Maggie's Party Part 2 timg'd for Witch-on-Priest imagery

John Allison's Patreon John Allison's Gumroad store
Steeple website

John Allison posted:

It is fair to say that you shouldn’t leave Reverend Penrose alone with witches, and you definitely shouldn’t leave him alone with the UK’s premier podcasting witches because this is what will always happen. He just doesn’t know what to do and ends up in an awful quandary.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Next Week Is Gardening Time, Hooray

White People Spicy

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

If Cooper works a full 40 hour week (which, obviously, he's not allowed to because then they'd need to give him ~benefits~) that's about $200 a year. Still not very motivating.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Powered Descent posted:

The Family Circus

ACK!

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Zereth posted:

If Cooper works a full 40 hour week (which, obviously, he's not allowed to because then they'd need to give him ~benefits~) that's about $200 a year. Still not very motivating.

He's a supervisor, he might get to be full time, but the benefits they "give" you is mostly the right to buy insurance you can't afford

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

The Phantom

This reminds me, I think I was a bit wrong earlier. If I remember right Kit's girlfriend kills the Phantom when he goes to find Kit. Kit remains to lead the rebels and walks away from the Phantom role.

I could be wrong. It's been a long story that never seems to end.

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Selachian posted:

Brenda Starr 3/22/52
What a turn of phrase. "Sorry, you five-cent cokers, I've got a real devoted fan in penthouse D." I love it. I have been saying it out loud to myself because there's no one else here right now. I want to say it next time I have to leave somewhere. Possibly adding "if you know what I mean" onto the end. :haw:

Mr. Squishy posted:

I love every single time Scarlet is imperilled by someone innocently waving around a sharp knife or whatever.
:same:

amigolupus posted:

It's such a stupid solution to the whole fake camping tips thing, too. If Mark really wanted to teach more people proper outdoor survival lessons, then he's limiting himself by teaching just the men in his club. Why not advertise and teach both men and women? Or volunteer at a kids' camp. Hell, he can make his own Youtube channel filled with videos of him showing off proper wilderness survival tips so that it can reach a wider audience. And it's not even getting into how Mark shouldn't be giving these men marriage advice given how he barely spends any time with his own wife since the strip started.
Remember how Mark is supposed to be a journalist (of sorts)? Remember how (this version of) the comic began with him being assigned to work for a new boss and a different magazine? Imagine if Rivera remembered any of that. Maybe Mark could pitch this outdoor survival class and be forced to turn it into a YouTube series aimed at teenage girls or something. That might be a source of some kind of conflict or perhaps even humour. There could even be the possibility that his wife and son might get involved, potentially complicating the whole endeavour, leading to more conflict and/or humour. Imagine if Rivera gave even one single poo poo about doing a good job.

Murdstone posted:

If I remember right, in the prophecy, Kadia killed herself because Kit never came home and she was in love with him
I don't think it was actually clear at all why Kadia killed herself. I don't think she even knows Kit. Like, maybe met him briefly but that's it. The whole thing where she's destined to fall in love with Kit is basically some weird fantasy of Diana's.

Ugh. This is the most strained, tortuous setup and the weakest payoff. :mad:

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

amigolupus posted:

It's such a stupid solution to the whole fake camping tips thing, too. If Mark really wanted to teach more people proper outdoor survival lessons, then he's limiting himself by teaching just the men in his club. Why not advertise and teach both men and women? Or volunteer at a kids' camp. Hell, he can make his own Youtube channel filled with videos of him showing off proper wilderness survival tips so that it can reach a wider audience. And it's not even getting into how Mark shouldn't be giving these men marriage advice given how he barely spends any time with his own wife since the strip started.

Remember when NuTrail was first being rebooted so Jules was still pretending to care and a big part of the premise was that nobody really reads nature magazines anymore, so instead Mark is going to be a nature-themed social media influencer who occasionally does side gigs for Teen Girl Sparkle Magazine and he even went viral that one time, so he has a Gen Z following and everything?

Jules doesn't.

(Tiggum sort of beat me here, but I think our respective walks down memory lane are just different enough to leave this in.)

Luann

Super imaginative. Describing a thing that you did.

Gil Thorp

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

The teacher has lost her mind and believes she is teaching a primary school class. Luann's writing is very good for grade 6.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Wait so did Luann actually skydive or was it all a creative exercise, and I don't know if I care enough to actually want to know.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Mary Worth '99

As much as I am a completist, if this doesn't pick up soon I'm thinking I'll skip to whatever the next story it. Any objections? I may be more inclined to post it regularly if something actually happened too.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Hostile V posted:

Wait so did Luann actually skydive or was it all a creative exercise, and I don't know if I care enough to actually want to know.

It's Luann, it doesn't matter

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth '99

"And pay no attention to the way my reflection never quite matches me! It's just crappy artwork, the unsettling effect is entirely unintentional! So anyway about this reporter..."

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Murdstone posted:

As much as I am a completist, if this doesn't pick up soon I'm thinking I'll skip to whatever the next story it. Any objections? I may be more inclined to post it regularly if something actually happened too.
I'm curious to see where this is going, and I doubt the next story's going to be any different. This is just how Mary Worth is. :shrug:

thisusedyet
Feb 14, 2012

My post... it sucks!!!

Tiggum posted:

The teacher has lost her mind and believes she is teaching a primary school class. Luann's writing is very good for grade 6.

I believe the teacher is celebrating that Luanne's done talking

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

Big Nate

"Ka-Boing!" is a very odd sound effect choice.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
1981 comics

Dick Tracy

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Computoon: Origins

Murdstone posted:

Still better than whatever's going on in modern MW, imo. Keep postin'. (unless you don't really want to)

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

God bless you, M. L. Horse

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Haifisch posted:

Computoon: Origins

i know trying to find meaning in these things is a fool's errand, but what the gently caress?

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Tiggum posted:

I'm curious to see where this is going, and I doubt the next story's going to be any different. This is just how Mary Worth is. :shrug:

Yeah same, but I appreciate the posting in blocks so you avoid the story's original snail's pace. Things should develop a bit more now that Belmont's meeting the daughter.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Daddy Daze

Take It From The Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side Of The Horse

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

hexwren posted:

i know trying to find meaning in these things is a fool's errand, but what the gently caress?

In order o stem the tide of new, better computers, the customer has blocked up the delivery entrance of a single computer store.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

catlord posted:

I maintain that Legend of Bill is better than Intelligent Life, but that's about all the praise I can give it.

He's trying to do... something. I don't know what, and whatever it is he's not succeeding at it, but it's more effort than Intelligent Life ever got.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Maxwell Lord posted:

He's trying to do... something. I don't know what, and whatever it is he's not succeeding at it, but it's more effort than Intelligent Life ever got.

Which is quite impressive when you consider he's drawing it with one fewer hand.

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
lol here we go

i got married during the break btw, it owns

All comics except Classic Arlo and Janis are Dec 4 - Dec 8

Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (December 31, 2001 - January 04, 2002)

Rae the Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Zippy The Pinhead

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Congratulations!

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

All the chat about We Are Reproducing having possibly cryptofascist messaging definitely had me giving this a bit of a side-eye glance, given that Bluto is literally engaging in virtue signaling here.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

riderchop posted:

lol here we go

:toot:

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

riderchop posted:

Rae the Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

If the eel thinks that the king said "surreal", then that's what should be in the quote marks when he repeats it.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Chicken Parmigiana posted:

If the eel thinks that the king said "surreal", then that's what should be in the quote marks when he repeats it.

(also a good image for redtexts if you have a forums enemy to pwn)

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

It's not the joke that Boyce intended, but a shop with a sales counter for "online software" is very funny.

This one might be funny for the intended reason, but it's impossible to be sure.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Hippocrass posted:

$13 is $233.84. For a tire. One Is this a Cybertruck?

What car do you have that costs less than $200 per corner?

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

~Coxy posted:

What car do you have that costs less than $200 per corner?

Just checking Canadian Tire, and it looks like prices ranging from $73 to $300 for higher end tires, no wheels. 2019 Acadia SLE.

Krazy Kat(July 28, 1918)

The Rectangle(Gasoline Alley)(June 1, 1919)

Little Nemo(December 22, 1907)

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

riderchop posted:

lol here we go

Congrats! :success:

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

riderchop posted:

Congratulations! :toot:

Imagine the atmosphere in a company where the CEO puts a portrait of themselves in every room

Imagine a CEO making a public post that some other CEO should pay their employees more

We're supposed to like Kell

Vintage Valiant (Aug. 28, 1960)

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

riderchop posted:

Congratulations. May Arlo and Janis ever be familiar. :toot:

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1943

I like how this one works with the spoiler, so deal with it

Pluggers