Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Soul Dentist posted:

Check out the expiry on this Kirkland hummus cup I just ate:

(The orange color is hot sauce so don't worry)

costco sells coffins =]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Lol it tasted bland and normal. Some fizz would have added a nice zesty pop

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
If you aren't making it through the 1.5kg hummus bucket in a week what are you even doing?

sock it to me!
Feb 7, 2010
I went to church yesterday for dog food (lol), apples, and some other staples. I got the take n bake macaroni and cheese and man it sucked. My kids didn't even like it. Never again!

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I make my own hummus and you should too. You can get the ingredients from costco

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Chickpeas, olive oil, tahini, and salt in a food processor. That's literally it and it tastes way better

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

sock it to me! posted:

I went to church yesterday for dog food (lol), apples, and some other staples. I got the take n bake macaroni and cheese and man it sucked. My kids didn't even like it. Never again!

Oh no! Bad taste is genetic!

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

sock it to me! posted:

We didn't like it either, less 'this is actively hostile to me and mine' and more tasteless but still full of calories.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

PokeJoe posted:

Chickpeas, olive oil, tahini, and salt in a food processor. That's literally it and it tastes way better

My Costco doesn't have tahini :mad:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
soak the chickpeas overnight and add lemon juice. it is simple to make but very time consuming. however it tastes so much better than any of the pre-made kind it's worth the effort.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
Disappointed in the psychos in here that don't put garlic in their hummus

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
oh yeah i didnt realize that was missing. massive amt of garlic is essential in any mediterranean recipe

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

That's garlic hummus idiot

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

JK I always add garlic but I wanted to keep the trivial recipe as simple as possible

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Let the shunning commence

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

sock it to me! posted:

KakerMix posted:

We didn't like it either, less 'this is actively hostile to me and mine' and more tasteless but still full of calories.

Agreed, one of the few things at Costco that I really didn’t enjoy.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I've bought it twice for parties and never ate any either time. Good to hear it was mid

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
i'll be honest i don't know if i've ever liked any of the take n bake stuff. i occasionally get swindled into the chicken alfredo and it is not good

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

I like the stuffed peppers, and the lasagna is pretty good

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
the best ones imho are the gyro kit and the chicken pot pie. another good option is buying the ceasar salad and rotisserie chicken together.

the rest are purely for convenience only and range from mediocre to outright bad

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Some of the stuff seems like it’s just missing a few ingredients that would make it a lot better.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
I didn't see this here. A pair of Brits experience church for the first time.
https://youtu.be/pOCvPpjimNo?si=kY86Ekk0BsNec98F

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
they get it right away: "i'd just get one of each" thanks to the price you dont gotta choose. the hot dog + slice + drink combo is universally intuitive. you could bring someone from one of those completely isolated groups and they'd be able to appreciate that value and quality

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

MarcusSA posted:

Some of the stuff seems like it’s just missing a few ingredients that would make it a lot better.

I found the best thing for the pot pie is swing through the spice isle and see if the have a container of The Blend. Coat the pot pie in that and that extra garlic helps the blandness of it.

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

I can't believe I've slept this long on Island Way Sorbet. No wonder Costco has like no ice cream why would you buy anything else.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

CaptainCrunch posted:

I didn't see this here. A pair of Brits experience church for the first time.
https://youtu.be/pOCvPpjimNo?si=kY86Ekk0BsNec98F

nip on down for a chinese. wots this, no curry sauce?

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Jimlit posted:

I can't believe I've slept this long on Island Way Sorbet. No wonder Costco has like no ice cream why would you buy anything else.

And it's objectively more fun to eat a little treat out of a fruit skin.

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

StormDrain posted:

And it's objectively more fun to eat a little treat out of a fruit skin.

I'm saving the coconut shells like a hoarder

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Jimlit posted:

Haven’t eaten breakfast yet. Read this as Long Island Sorbet, which sounds disgusting. Or incredible.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Jimlit posted:

I'm saving the coconut shells like a hoarder

Your whole crew can be riding on horseback by the spring.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

A-Sha Meteor noodle with Danzai sauce is pretty good IMO. Not sure if these are new at Costco or if I'd just never noticed them before. Decent texture and flavor.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Ok I've been able to guess all of them except the white stuff on the bottom in this one

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

norp posted:

Disappointed in the psychos in here that don't put garlic in their hummus

and no tahini...

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

bird with big dick posted:

A-Sha Meteor noodle with Danzai sauce is pretty good IMO. Not sure if these are new at Costco or if I'd just never noticed them before. Decent texture and flavor.

gently caress it I would eat that.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.

FishBowlRobot posted:

Haven’t eaten breakfast yet. Read this as Long Island Sorbet, which sounds disgusting. Or incredible.

That's what we call the plowed mix of snow, road salt, and soot.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Soul Dentist posted:

Ok I've been able to guess all of them except the white stuff on the bottom in this one

cheong fun?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Thanks for that, I was actually going to ask exactly what they are because I just bought them at the asian mart because they were on sale and they were just called "shrimp roll"

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

If you like those, then you owe it to yourself to try some that are freshly made. Sooooo good

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

rolled up paper towels?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oriental Hugs
Jun 15, 2001

Nothin' about hugs, though
I got some sweet kitty sushi toys for cats today. They also had a really nice looking 80 dollar cat tree.