Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
The "fire Tomlin" yinzers are only growing stronger. I DESPERATELY hope their wish comes true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
yes, fire sirriani and tomlin, let them be hired by teams who’d appreciate a good HC after years of nonsense (and then fire him after going 14-2)

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Doesn't sirianni have like a 75% win rate or something stupid hight?

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

BlindSite posted:

As fake as daks qb stats. 100% of the wins are due to howie.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Asproigerosis posted:

As fake as daks qb stats. 100% of the wins are due to howie.

We need advanced stats for coach performance

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

BlindSite posted:

Ignore him, I called him Philly Kawalimus the other day and now he's taking the bit to heart

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Remarkable to me that Peter king of all people is coming out this hard against tepper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7WIQZO4cpM

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
Here’s an article on Frank Smith, who is getting some discussion as a head coaching candidate that may be agent driven but hey

https://theathletic.com/4885707/2023/09/22/miami-dolphins-frank-smith-offensive-coordinator/

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

FizFashizzle posted:

Remarkable to me that Peter king of all people is coming out this hard against tepper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7WIQZO4cpM

Roger gave him the tap on the shoulder

Wonder if Jerruh wants Tepper gone

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Never Had A Losing Season Mike Tomlin under assault by local media today. Upgrade his seat to mildly warm

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

MikeCrotch posted:

That’s exactly what I’m hoping. Like when goodell wouldn’t let the Vick go to the bengals.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

MikeCrotch posted:

This is very unlikely, but I can imagine that post-Snyder the rest of the owners don't want to deal with anyone with similar vibes, and Tepper probably isn't as entrenched as Snyder was so kicking him out wouldn't be as hard

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Tepper is clearly a dickhead but let's not pretend he's anywhere near the walking PR hurricane that Snyder was. other owners don't care about owners meddling or being assholes to employees or homeboy in Arizona would have been out a while ago. and let's not forget that Snyder was actively cheating other owners out of shared revenue. Tepper's not threatening the league's reputation or anyone's pockets so they have no reason to want to force him out

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

D-LINK posted:

Never Had A Losing Season Mike Tomlin under assault by local media today. Upgrade his seat to mildly warm

Yeah the local media is out for loving blood. The Tomlin displeasure has broken contain from Twitter and forums.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tepper should be gone and the only actual reason he shouldn't be, none of whatever the mess in the above post is, is that the last time the Panthers got rid of their lovely owner they were replaced by someone worse, and that can be repeated more easily than finding a competent non-meddling non-rear end in a top hat replacement

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

Tepper should be gone and the only actual reason he shouldn't be, none of whatever the mess in the above post is, is that the last time the Panthers got rid of their lovely owner they were replaced by someone worse, and that can be repeated more easily than finding a competent non-meddling non-rear end in a top hat replacement

Everyone wants Tom Dundon to put an ownership group together.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
I don't think any of the other owners or Roger care about Tepper being gone

But I could see Peter King going after him because King got snubbed or something by Tepper and he's being spiteful. Maybe Tepper blew him off and King was like "I'm the company man, you can't be rude to me"

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

Shinji2015 posted:

This is very unlikely, but I can imagine that post-Snyder the rest of the owners don't want to deal with anyone with similar vibes, and Tepper probably isn't as entrenched as Snyder was so kicking him out wouldn't be as hard

Probably just something like Tepper insulting Jerruh's wife or something

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I look forward to an unsourced hit piece on King coming out of nowhere when Tepper pays some PR firm to try and bury him as revenge

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Re: Tepper, my guess is that he's rocked the apple cart so much about how things are supposed to be done that the league and/or other owners want him to settle down? It's not good for the league to have just one team ending up with the #1 pick every year and running a clown car operation where an established coach like Reich gets fired faster than Urban Meyer or Nathaniel Hackett did.

Just like a coordinated message that his meddling is so invasive and deleterious that it's actually crossed a line.

Febreeze posted:

But I could see Peter King going after him because King got snubbed or something by Tepper and he's being spiteful. Maybe Tepper blew him off and King was like "I'm the company man, you can't be rude to me"

Actually yeah, this seems like possibly the most sensible explanation.

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008

Docjowles posted:

I look forward to an unsourced hit piece on King coming out of nowhere when Tepper pays some PR firm to try and bury him as revenge

"God, did you hear about Peter King?" Host: "No." Me: "He’s a bitch. Nobody likes him." Thought he would cry.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

The league has been pretty salty lately about all the dead money being paid out in coaches contracts, and Tepper has been one of the worst offenders. That might be something that's pissing off the other owners that they'd call out the hit squad for.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

Simplex posted:

The league has been pretty salty lately about all the dead money being paid out in coaches contracts, and Tepper has been one of the worst offenders. That might be something that's pissing off the other owners that they'd call out the hit squad for.

*Mark Davis nervously tugging his collar*

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

D-LINK posted:

after a while people will want more than just "not a losing season" and then people realize maybe tomlin is just some sort of unholy marvin lewis/jeff fisher hybrid. i guess having a ring helps though

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

epic bacon posted:

after a while people will want more than just "not a losing season" and then people realize maybe tomlin is just some sort of unholy marvin lewis/jeff fisher hybrid. i guess having a ring helps though

Yeah. I don't care for the Steelers but at some point I imagine the fans want to look forward to something more than that.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

As a hypocrite that wants my team's head coach fired for not even actually technically missing the playoffs yet, I feel like you gotta give Tomlin one more chance with a real QB.

The FO held onto Ben for way too long and then whiffed on Pickett.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
imagine being so brainless as to believe mike tomlin’s seat is warm in the slightest

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Please fire Tomlin over a single losing season.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Asproigerosis posted:

Sirriani's seat is definitely hot right now. Defense might as well not even come to the games they are nonexistant. Offense hasn't been able to figure it out all season and hurts regressing by the week. Need to bring someone in to right the ship before it sinks here.

You're on drugs.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Please fire Tomlin over a single losing season.

The frothing horde of dumbass yinzers are very lucky to have competent ownership to save them from themselves lol

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Febreeze posted:

Or if King was friends with one of the guys who got fired like Reich or McCown. I could see him looking and how things went down, maybe getting some info from them or other guys he knows still on the staff and knowing what they’re facing, and King deciding to go hard on Tepper.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
*watching a league where guys like Haslam, Johnson, and Spanos have made their teams laughing stocks for over a decade* it's clear that the owners want Tepper to sell the team because he was mean to Frank Reich, who sucks

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

MikeCrotch posted:

*Mark Davis nervously tugging his collar*

Davis probably gets a mulligan for the Gruden situation, also I imagine long time NFL owners have just learned to just live with the Raiders just doing whatever they want.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Mark Davis isn't sabotaging his teams by meddling at every opportunity, he's just a loving idiot who favors big names when it comes to coaches, regardless whether they're actually any good.

At least he seems to actually be trying to field a good team, he's just really inept at it.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Unless Tomlin is the one responsible for either drafting or acquiring Ruldolph/Mitch/Pickett I have no clue why you would fire him over back to back losses. Like what he's doing with the Steelers post-Roethlisberger is what you'd expect Belichick to do Post-Brady which is actually win games

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I don't think I would take Tomlin over Campbell in Detroit, but I'd at least sit through the pitch meeting.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

a patagonian cavy posted:

imagine being so brainless as to believe mike tomlin’s seat is warm in the slightest

If anything, Art Rooney will do that thing he did multiple times to Cowher, makes him replace his entire staff. I would be completely shocked if Tomlin himself got fired

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

indigi posted:

*watching a league where guys like Haslam, Johnson, and Spanos have made their teams laughing stocks for over a decade* it's clear that the owners want Tepper to sell the team because he was mean to Frank Reich, who sucks

After McDaniels and Reich, people are just hungry for more coach blood. The hot seat demands butts.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

OneMoreTime posted:

Unless Tomlin is the one responsible for either drafting or acquiring Ruldolph/Mitch/Pickett I have no clue why you would fire him over back to back losses. Like what he's doing with the Steelers post-Roethlisberger is what you'd expect Belichick to do Post-Brady which is actually win games

On one of the most recent episodes of The Athletic Football Show with the Steelers beat writer, they mentioned that Tomlin has a pretty big say in personnel.

But yeah, I can't imagine them firing Tomlin either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

wow you're telling the steelers were good when they had a hall of fame quarterback and mediocre when they have poo poo quarterbacks? must be the coach.