Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Jade has the Batista problem of being too beefy and jacked to be a mid carder. hopefully she gets to have fun for a year or two, not get hurt, and retire to hanging out with her husband and kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

The_Rob posted:

Saying jade didn’t show much charisma in promos is insane. She has so much loving charisma.

Lotta broke brains.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

The_Rob posted:

Saying jade didn’t show much charisma in promos is insane. She has so much loving charisma.

Watching this forum turning massively on Jade for leaving AEW & getting the "never was any good" treatment has been very silly and very funny.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

forkboy84 posted:

Watching this forum turning massively on Jade for leaving AEW & getting the "never was any good" treatment has been very silly and very funny.

Goons don’t understand the assignment and confuse “WWE is a bad company with a history of abuse” with “anything and everyone in WWE is immediately bad.”

I stopped watching WWE years ago because the show no longer entertained me and I’ve never looked back aside from following what’s going on here, but if Jade is still the same Jade from AEW with the same look, she is still good but green. Whatever, she’s still money.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

forkboy84 posted:

jade went from awful to “not completely embarrassing herself” in terms of ring work in aew so I’m not surprised wwe isn’t putting her out there.

what’s wild is that they didn’t… like, start from that point

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

kitten emergency posted:

jade went from awful to “not completely embarrassing herself” in terms of ring work in aew so I’m not surprised wwe isn’t putting her out there.

what’s wild is that they didn’t… like, start from that point

Since when has wwe ever given a poo poo about ring work.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Its a good thing all of WWE's other female hires were Manami Toyotas of workrate day 1 otherwise this might all ring a bit hollow

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Jade has already done a lot better things in matches than just about every clip people post from the NXT women so I don’t know why they aren’t putting her on tv already, really. Presumably she knows enough to know that too, since she has eyes.

The whole “needing to re-train her” thing has to just be an opportunity to take a shot at AEW.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

the dam iwc…

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I'm pretty convinced HHH legit hates Danielson for some reason and all of the "we need to retrain her" stuff is mostly a shot at him.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The_Rob posted:

She has lots of physical charisma and presence, but where are these great promos she's cut? She's basically Undertaker.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

the dam iwc…

insufferable wreddit chuds!!!

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
“Jade Cargill is good.”

“Yes, but is she good?”

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

flashy_mcflash posted:

She has lots of physical charisma and presence, but where are these great promos she's cut? She's basically Undertaker.

She always had good promos in AEW. Just because she never did 10 minute monologues about how she scratch and clawed her way to the top doesn’t mean she didn’t have good promos. She always delivered what she needed to in a short succinct way and when you look like her that’s all you need. Also

“shut the hell up bitch no one care about your karate poo poo”

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I am giving her the "never was any good" treatment, by always thinking she "never was any good" even in AEW. #Consistency

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

fart blood posted:

“Jade Cargill is good.”

“Yes, but is she good?”

It's more, 'is she good in a way that WWE will let her be good'? I don't know if they give her a Goldberg run like she got in AEW and it's hard to see her doing much more in the Rumble than getting eliminated effortlessly by Charlotte.

The_Rob posted:

She always had good promos in AEW. Just because she never did 10 minute monologues about how she scratch and clawed her way to the top doesn’t mean she didn’t have good promos. She always delivered what she needed to in a short succinct way and when you look like her that’s all you need. Also

“shut the hell up bitch no one care about your karate poo poo”

I mean I guess I just fundamentally disagree on that and always have. I liked her presence and the fact that she'd swear sometimes but I can't think of anything she did on the mic that was very memorable. She's also not going to get to cut 'karate bitch' promos on Raw.

flashy_mcflash fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Dec 8, 2023

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

yea ok posted:

I am giving her the "never was any good" treatment, by always thinking she "never was any good" even in AEW. #Consistency

#brave

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://x.com/Fightful/status/1733129406078501319

wow, seth is shooting on punk. this is not going to end well

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Worked shoots are back baybee, give me that delicious WCW 2000 taste. By that I mean book Sid.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

History Comes Inside! posted:

Jade has already done a lot better things in matches than just about every clip people post from the NXT women so I don’t know why they aren’t putting her on tv already, really. Presumably she knows enough to know that too, since she has eyes.

The whole “needing to re-train her” thing has to just be an opportunity to take a shot at AEW.

If she is going to be in nxt, then she should be there now. I think though, that given the hype of her signing, they want to put her on the main roster.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Raeg posted:

By that I mean book Sid.

hell yeah brother

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The_Rob posted:

Well. She can have, when she wants to put in the effort. But far too many of her promos in AEW were extremely cookie cutter and rote.

Raeg posted:

Worked shoots are back baybee, give me that delicious WCW 2000 taste. By that I mean book Sid.

I'll have you know the WWE would NEVER be like that, they have a mature locker room where wrestlers respect each other and the management and company and furthermore

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Well. She can have, when she wants to put in the effort. But far too many of her promos in AEW were extremely cookie cutter and rote.

Yeah because wwe is the place where people are allowed to cut interesting promos.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The_Rob posted:

Yeah because wwe is the place where people are allowed to cut interesting promos.

It absolutely isn't, and I'm not commenting on that. I'm just saying "Jade has so much loving charisma" is true, but not entirely representative of her time in AEW.

And I say this as someone who liked Jade and was bummed when she left AEW. People saying she's always been bad are coping hard or just ironically posting complete bullshit, but I would characterize her as someone who improved a ton during her time and seemed to have a bright future, but then started plateauing for some reason. Sadly she then went to the one place where practically nobody improves.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

People saying she's always been bad are coping hard or just ironically posting complete bullshit

Or it's just my thoughts.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jade's not sure where she is but she's just happy to be there

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Its ok to say that Jade wasn't very good at the various skills it takes to be a good wrestler. It's ok to say things that are true.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
If I had to guess and give WWE the BotD I'd guess that they want her to debut straight to the main roster no NXT run and want her to be pretty dang good right away because they have big plans for her and don't want to risk having people jump down her throat for being hyped up really big and then not being very good in the ring (the WWE fans universe don't care about this though). It's possible they also want to signal to other AEW talents that if you're booked at a certain level there you will be exempt from having to do an NXT run.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

she had both skills down pretty good to my eyes, she 100 percent looked like a badass. She could have done more cool moves though like a psychodriver or perhaprs a drakes landing. Maybe NXT will teach her those

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I was and am 100% on the side that Seth is just working, he's a company man and will feud with Punk and this is to try to drum up interest with bullshit.

BUT

He mentioned Colt Cabana's name and I feel like that can set Punk off (evidence: it has set Punk off before)

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Say Colt Cabana three times in a mirror and Kojima will appear and destroy Phil's cock and balls

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

WWE is absolutely going to work themselves into a shoot over this.

And not gonna lie, I'm a little surprised Seth didn't refer to Colt as "Scotty Goldman" like that time Jade called Danielson "Daniel Bryan".

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sandman McMahon posted:

Its ok to say that Jade wasn't very good at the various skills it takes to be a good wrestler. It's ok to say things that are true.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

dromal phrenia posted:

I was and am 100% on the side that Seth is just working, he's a company man and will feud with Punk and this is to try to drum up interest with bullshit.

BUT

He mentioned Colt Cabana's name and I feel like that can set Punk off (evidence: it has set Punk off before)

lol Punk is either not going to be able to take a worked shoot like this and melt down again or he's going to sit there and take it while loving SEETHING because he knows he has to in able to pay his giant mortgage.

Either option is gold.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

Jade's not sure where she is but she's just happy to be there

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

1glitch0 posted:

lol Punk is either not going to be able to take a worked shoot like this and melt down again or he's going to sit there and take it while loving SEETHING because he knows he has to in able to pay his giant mortgage.

Either option is gold.

whoever loses, we win

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

1glitch0 posted:

Either option is gold.

he probably sat down and planned it out with seth / colby

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

JUNGLE BOY posted:

he probably sat down and planned it out with seth / colby

Weird he wouldn't veto the Colt line after his reaction to.... ::waves hands at everything::

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

1glitch0 posted:

Weird he wouldn't veto the Colt line after his reaction to.... ::waves hands at everything::

the things he had a meltdown about were hangman and jack perry shooting on him.

he has done this type of stuff before with MJF and even with Eddie who actually hates Punk IRL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

He didn't "have a meltdown" he was attacked for no reason please read your hausman.