Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
"Did you know I was once up for a lead role? Didn't get it but that's nepotism for you." <referring to a school play that she auditioned for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Asterite34 posted:

I think we accidentally gave her nothing but endearing fuckup qualities, you should probably make her really, idk, racist against halflings or something else so she isn't TOO likeable

She's a villain so I assume she occasionally picks a town to burn to the ground or flood with skeletons.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Skeleton dance party (residents required to join in)

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Kwyndig posted:

Skeleton dance party (residents required to join in)

BYOS (Bring Your Own Skeleton)

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

NachtSieger posted:

She's a villain so I assume she occasionally picks a town to burn to the ground or flood with skeletons.
If the PCs try to befriend her or defeat her with music rather than swords, maybe she realizes she's being an rear end in a top hat and can become the Quirky Home Base Manager.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
@celiradarkflame spend less on candles

trapstar
Jun 30, 2012

Yo tengo un par de ideas.

Nessus posted:

If the PCs try to befriend her or defeat her with music rather than swords, maybe she realizes she's being an rear end in a top hat and can become the Quirky Home Base Manager.

haha

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Nessus posted:

Coincidentally, being the "reformed" pet of a bunch of adventurers helps insulate her from punishment and accountability for her prior evil deeds.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Pineapple, Jalapeno, and Pepperoni is the world's greatest pizza. I would follow her for her pizza choice alone.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

trapstar posted:

Celira Darkflame, the Evil Sorceress BBEG I had art commissioned for.
I'm going through fleshing her character out some more.

Any personality quirks you guys think are a must have for her?

That staff is a powerful artefact whose only function is keeping the dress from slipping.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Only dresses like that on her day off and when no-one's around because she likes the way it makes her feel, and she's very mad you guys just interrupted slinky dress Saturday.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
She's actually fully clothed, everything below the choker is a full body suit of silk stitched to preserved human skin.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
She's a skeleton wearing the remains of the last person to interrupt slinky dress Saturday.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Halloween Jack posted:

@celiradarkflame spend less on candles
Food $200

Cloth $5

Rent $800

Candles $3,600

Double sided tape $150

someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my shoulders are freezing

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Asterite34 posted:

I think we accidentally gave her nothing but endearing fuckup qualities, you should probably make her really, idk, racist against halflings or something else so she isn't TOO likeable

I'm racist against halflings and I think that's one of my more endearing traits.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

trapstar posted:

Celira Darkflame, the Evil Sorceress BBEG I had art commissioned for.

That's not random art, that's art you specifically commissioned? To look specifically like that?

lol

trapstar
Jun 30, 2012

bewilderment posted:

That's not random art, that's art you specifically commissioned? To look specifically like that?

lol

Yep! I specifically especially wanted to give her purple eyes as part of a unique trait of the sorcerous Darkflame bloodline.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
who's the artist?

mellonbread
Dec 20, 2017

Ominous Jazz posted:

who's the artist?
Midjourney, or maybe Dall E.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

disposablewords posted:

Coincidentally, being the "reformed" pet of a bunch of adventurers helps insulate her from punishment and accountability for her prior evil deeds.
It's chaotic evil, not chaotic foolish.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Asterite34 posted:

BYOS (Bring Your Own Skeleton)

She makes it clear in the (very) small print that if anyone doesn't bring a skeleton, she'll use the one inside them.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

mellonbread posted:

Midjourney, or maybe Dall E.

no, the image is actually better (at objects not looking weird) and worse (rendering technique) than the current art AI

mellonbread
Dec 20, 2017

Megazver posted:

no, the image is actually better (at objects not looking weird) and worse (rendering technique) than the current art AI
All of trapstar's "commissioned" art has the same weird background noise (in this case around the window in the background) and blank expression on the characters. But I guess human artists have been drawing samefaces for hundreds of years before the invention of AI.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

I think some of this is a digital painting style/method; it's possible it does use AI poo poo but I think it predates it. It was certainly well represented in the plagairism slurry fed into the picture generators.

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.

mellonbread posted:

All of trapstar's "commissioned" art has the same weird background noise (in this case around the window in the background) and blank expression on the characters. But I guess human artists have been drawing samefaces for hundreds of years before the invention of AI.

I have suspected from the start that trapstar has been trolling the thread with AI art, since these "commissions" started around the same time that AI art was banned and they have a very generic style.

But I can't really tell for sure and I also just didn't want to start up the AI art argument again, so I didn't say anything.

trapstar
Jun 30, 2012

Ominous Jazz posted:

who's the artist?

Kartstudio.
https://www.deviantart.com/kartstudiodigi

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.

Hey, sorry for suspecting you of trolling! It seemed suspicious to me because of the timing, but obviously I was in the wrong.

mellonbread
Dec 20, 2017
Fair enough. I still think it sucks, but if it doesn't break any rules and you're happy with what you paid for then that's the end of the discussion.

trapstar
Jun 30, 2012

Jimbozig posted:

Hey, sorry for suspecting you of trolling! It seemed suspicious to me because of the timing, but obviously I was in the wrong.

No worries! I actually make sure to commission lots of art from real artists. Don’t really muck around with ai art personally, just Chat GPT.

mellonbread posted:

Fair enough. I still think it sucks, but if it doesn't break any rules and you're happy with what you paid for then that's the end of the discussion.

Yeah, I personally enjoy the art style of the artists I use but I understand it might not be for everyone. So I see it as money well spent imo :)

trapstar fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Dec 8, 2023

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

So when commissioning male gaze booby art, do you have to specifically say exactly how much boob you want your OC to have, or do you just say "make her booby" and the artist sort of picks that up and runs with it?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
My understanding is that most artists will give you cheesecake unless you specifically request that they don't, because that's the industry norm.

trapstar
Jun 30, 2012

Drone posted:

So when commissioning male gaze booby art, do you have to specifically say exactly how much boob you want your OC to have, or do you just say "make her booby" and the artist sort of picks that up and runs with it?

For this one I had to specifically specify DD boobs in the request lol.

Halloween Jack posted:

My understanding is that most artists will give you cheesecake unless you specifically request that they don't, because that's the industry norm.

I’m sure that it depends on the general type of artist you would work with. In my experience with the artists I work with, you actually have to specifically request that kind of content be in the image before they’d really “run with it”.

trapstar fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Dec 8, 2023

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

mellonbread posted:

Honestly, it's a real problem in some art circles these days. Specifically, how AI art is produced by basically making a slurry of everything posted on Artstation and creating a random mediocre example of the style, which also means that people assume every mediocre Artstation artist is just AI now.

(No offense meant to the person trapstar commissioned, of course. Just... they're an average artist. Statistically, most people are.)

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Generally I think you want to look at the artists' portfolio pieces and figure "I'm gonna get something a little crappier than that." So if they have a lot of cheesecake stuff you'll have to either say "owl down the cheesecake" or accept your fate.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Halloween Jack posted:

I had been hoping/presuming it was this

trapstar posted:

For this one I had to specifically specify DD boobs in the request lol.

welp

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Pineapple, Jalapeno, and Pepperoni is the world's greatest pizza. I would follow her for her pizza choice alone.

Sausage is even better in that combo.

Try a linguica, garlic, and artichoke sometime.

trapstar
Jun 30, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

I had been hoping/presuming it was this

welp

Haha! I figured an Evil Sorcereress has got to be SEXY!

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Uh

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Fantasy tropes are tropes for a reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
tbh I would be incredibly uncomfortable at a table where the gm kept parading out cheesecake spellcaster art and going on about how evil sorceresses had to be sexy