Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Eric the Mauve posted:

If I were Shohei I'd hire a half dozen body doubles to send all over the place and also charter private flights with no one on them

If I were Shohei I'd sign with the Twins on the condition that they rebuilt the Metrodome, but with the Tokyodome spec. That way they'd have somewhere to play in the cold of the postseason.

I'd also tell everyone the secret to my Great Power this whole time was lefse and hotdish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Would a $600m contract enable Shohei to afford a house inside of Toronto proper

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

kalensc posted:

For baseball lovers who don't follow hockey and are wondering what the gently caress I just posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbVTI-ke64U

Also if you're a baseball lover who doesn't follow hockey you should probably know that Carlo Colaiacovo is a retired hockey player, not an opera singer

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

zoux posted:

Would a $600m contract enable Shohei to afford a house inside of Toronto proper

The down payment on one yeah

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

kalensc posted:

For baseball lovers who don't follow hockey and are wondering what the gently caress I just posted:

I read your first post and was like, is that a fuckin Don Cherry post? lol

LET’S GO! [thumbs up]

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Maybe get a roommate

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Bregor posted:

I read your first post and was like, is that a fuckin Don Cherry post? lol

LET’S GO! [thumbs up]

that's right BEcause good ol' canadian boys name their dogs BLUE, and the new guy, showy aught-any, plays baseball like this guy, JARED SPURGEON, watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIAvaw0TFBQ

(there's like ten of these up on youtube, watch them all, whoever edited them had fantastic comedic timing)

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

fancy stats posted:

Maybe get a roommate

He can split a place with Kikuchi and Yamamoto.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

zoux posted:

I wouldn't eat tex mex in England

Or anywhere.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
HEY NOW this guy makes a good point Tex-Mex loving sucks and the only people that defend it have brain disorder (texas type)

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!
Canadian food, if prepared correctly, is completely disgusting.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

maffew buildings posted:

HEY NOW this guy makes a good point Tex-Mex loving sucks and the only people that defend it have brain disorder (texas type)

That AV/text and post are a perfect pairing.

Doctor Skeleton
Nov 15, 2003

bawfuls posted:

Turns out it was the winter meetings that made this thing boring, as soon as they ended the rumors got increasingly unhinged

https://twitter.com/pablofindsout/status/1733161040618102802

just chiming in to spoil it, my personal friend shohei's dog's name is Namor aka the Sub-Mariner

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

maffew buildings posted:

You can pry nachos and fajitas from my cold dead hands

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

You can pry nachos and fajitas from my cold dead hands

That guy's from California, the place where they put black olives on enchiladas

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

Someone with a bit of pilot expertise so I will tell you that while there certainly could be a chance that this flight is carrying (1) Shohei Ohtani to Toronto you should consider the following:

1) Very often these planes fly totally empty to reposition the planes to another airport to pickup a customer (say someone flying from Toronto to the Caribbean for winter) you can actually buy spots on these empty deadhead flights!

2) Most of these companies who actually are big enough to own these planes (Rogers) have their tracking scrubbed from these trackers specifically so executives and staff and their families can travel anonymously.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

MaoistBanker posted:

carrying (1) Shohei Ohtani to Toronto

Maybe we could just clone him, that way we could all have a Perfect Baseball Friend

:smith:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

zoux posted:

That guy's from California, the place where they put black olives on enchiladas

Black olives rule OP

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Bregor posted:

Black olives rule OP

All olives rule, I still ain't putting them in my frosted flakes

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
congrats to all the texas posters for enjoying tex mex while experiencing the joy of your club's winning the series the last two years before all of you are forced into bankruptcy from your energy bills after using your heater for 9 minutes this upcoming winter

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

MaoistBanker posted:

2) Most of these companies who actually are big enough to own these planes (Rogers) have their tracking scrubbed from these trackers specifically so executives and staff and their families can travel anonymously.

Elon Musk can't seem to get his flights scrubbed and it caused somebody who was like 19 to really freak him out. This plane is owned by some outfit in Utah and registered in the US, so any stop it makes in Canada it has to turn around and leave the country again on it's next trip out. I'd guess most planes Rogers has are registered in Canada so they can travel between major Canadian cities, but what do I know.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/Varsh0AA/status/1733189728889917644

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

maffew buildings posted:

congrats to all the texas posters for enjoying tex mex while experiencing the joy of your club's winning the series the last two years before all of you are forced into bankruptcy from your energy bills after using your heater for 9 minutes this upcoming winter

All our heaters run off natural gas, it costs 30c to heat my home for the whole "winter". Heating oil is where you get into the big bills (hint hint Mr Ohtani)

https://twitter.com/jorgecastillo/status/1733140380445491621

:smith:

zoux fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Dec 8, 2023

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

Craptacular! posted:

Elon Musk can't seem to get his flights scrubbed and it caused somebody who was like 19 to really freak him out. This plane is owned by some outfit in Utah and registered in the US, so any stop it makes in Canada it has to turn around and leave the country again on it's next trip out. I'd guess most planes Rogers has are registered in Canada so they can travel between major Canadian cities, but what do I know.

That's easy, Elon Musk is a complete dumbass. Most corporations do this quite easily, and even people! N707JT, John Travolta's Qantas 707, is not able to be tracked.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
I was going to object to this but I remembered my beloved Taco John's and potato Oles are west-mex, so I'll allow it.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

maffew buildings posted:

That's a lot of salt, which pairs well with many tex-mex dishes.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I pay probably around $20 a month to keep my place at a toasty warm 74 degrees, it's nice

(which includes the gas my appliances/water heater use)

Dameius posted:

That's a lot of salt, which pairs well with many tex-mex dishes.

Put it on the rim of your margarita

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

If only there were some other "entertaining" industry that often caused its employees to commute between LA and Toronto.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It's disheartening to see Cubs fans so despondent at losing out on Ohtani that they reject the very idea of the Hot Stove :smith:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

If Shohei does sign with Toronto, I wonder how furious MLB is that their best/most marketable player is now in Canada? The reverse McDavid

This does suck, but Canada is far superior to the US so I think they come out ahead in the end

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Paracaidas posted:

I was going to object to this but I remembered my beloved Taco John's and potato Oles are west-mex, so I'll allow it.

ALL of the Taco Johns' in Fargo closed! ALL OF THEM!

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Intruder posted:

It's disheartening to see Cubs fans so despondent at losing out on Ohtani that they reject the very idea of the Hot Stove :smith:

Those who are eternally despondent, cannot become despondent.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

If Shohei does sign with Toronto, I wonder how furious MLB is that their best/most marketable player is now in Canada? The reverse McDavid

This does suck, but Canada is far superior to the US so I think they come out ahead in the end

:yeah:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

what's west mex, just burritos with fries in them?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
tater tots

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Intruder posted:

what's west mex, just burritos with fries in them?

Something they have in Fargo apparently

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

zoux posted:

Something they have in Fargo apparently

rickiep00h posted:

ALL of the Taco Johns' in Fargo closed! ALL OF THEM!

apparently not

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Popete posted:

tater tots

I'm not joking, Taco Johns literally just puts tater tots into TexMex food.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Bring me the head of Taco John.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Popete posted:

I'm not joking, Taco Johns literally just puts tater tots into TexMex food.

I think I'd prefer that to the fries tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It is the whitest thing imaginable down to being called "Taco Johns"

I remember liking it though, I've since stopped eating meat so the last time I got it was just the potato 'oles on my drive to Thanksgiving a few years back.