Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
0% there's any shoot element. Punk will not have any All Out breakdowns or anything close, he's part of a massive machine that doesn't need him and he's more comfortable raging against the machine while being paid by the machine than actually leading anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

yea ok posted:

I am giving her the "never was any good" treatment, by always thinking she "never was any good" even in AEW. #Consistency

You are both correct and brave for saying this. Aside from her look, Jade has always been mid. A cool finishing sequence against Skye and a good farewell match against Stat doesn’t change that.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

yea ok posted:

Or it's just my thoughts.

impossible

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

direct correlation between the aew always good people and wwe always bad people???

:thunk:

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

We need to send Jade to TNA. It's the only way to be sure.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Jade improved from unwatchable to passable. Now she’s in the unwatchable company and not on tv. Oh well. Good luck to her.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Jade or no Jade, I'm glad someone's asking the real questions here

Cody?

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Nakamura does poison mist now? That's cool

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
WWE signed Jade to get one over on AEW and doesn't really give a poo poo about using her; she looks amazing but she was still very green in AEW, and while improving during her time there, the majority of her matches were squashes that were booked to make her look like a badass rather than help her improve on her in-ring work.

Also her promos were mostly OK but she wasn't stretching her acting range with them by any means. And she's not getting cast as Storm. Storm controls the weather, you don't need a pro wrestler with big muscles and no acting skill to play her. Instead, she should be cast as Wonder Woman, because it'd piss off the chuds. And she's definitely a better fit for that role physically than Gal Gadot was, and probably nowhere near as bad an actor. :v:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

flashy_mcflash posted:

She has lots of physical charisma and presence, but where are these great promos she's cut? She's basically Undertaker.

Cut the poo poo flashy

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Sydney Bottocks posted:

WWE signed Jade to get one over on AEW and doesn't really give a poo poo about using her; she looks amazing but she was still very green in AEW, and while improving during her time there, the majority of her matches were squashes that were booked to make her look like a badass rather than help her improve on her in-ring work.

Also her promos were mostly OK but she wasn't stretching her acting range with them by any means. And she's not getting cast as Storm. Storm controls the weather, you don't need a pro wrestler with big muscles and no acting skill to play her. Instead, she should be cast as Wonder Woman, because it'd piss off the chuds. And she's definitely a better fit for that role physically than Gal Gadot was, and probably nowhere near as bad an actor. :v:

I agree with all of this. I would buy a ticket to see her as wonder woman. Couldn't be worse than WW 1984

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

flashy_mcflash posted:

She has lots of physical charisma and presence, but where are these great promos she's cut? She's basically Undertaker.

She’s gonna ride out to the desert on a motorcycle with Shaq

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
you've got to hand it to WWE, seth is like the only person you could slot in there to make me not care about a punk worked shoot angle. There's just nothing about Seth's presentation that feels authentic to me- you could have video footage of punk crying real tears about the comments and I'd never believe it.

literally any other WWE main event wrestler I could suspend disbelief and be like 'hmmm maybe there's real bad blood there' but seth's character is being an inauthentic dork so yeah maybe he hates CM punk with every fiber of his being but it just comes across as fake

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

Cody?

its not just sloshing around in his mouth, he secretes it from a poison gland. take a middle school biology class ffs

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

JUNGLE BOY posted:

https://x.com/Fightful/status/1733129406078501319

wow, seth is shooting on punk. this is not going to end well

"You know what, this CM Punk guy is... A real jerk!"

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

projecthalaxy posted:

Cody?

didn’t Sting get set on fire during Russo’s time running WCW

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

A Fancy Hat posted:

I'm pretty convinced HHH legit hates Danielson for some reason and all of the "we need to retrain her" stuff is mostly a shot at him.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Julio Cruz posted:

didn’t Sting get set on fire during Russo’s time running WCW

there was a count-out in a falls count anywhere match

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

D.N. Nation posted:

there was a count-out in a falls count anywhere match

ANYWHERE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWqgPu-Esc8

Not to mention he also booked DQs in loving cage matches.

Germansimp fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Dec 8, 2023

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

quote is not edit, dammit

Visual Basic Bitch
Sep 4, 2019
was ric flair pinning hulk hogan with the figure four to win a first blood match a russo thing because lol

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Imagine when Jade realized that WWE is PG and that she couldn't say "Cut the poo poo" and "That bitch" in every promo.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Open Marriage Night posted:

Imagine when Jade realized that WWE is PG and that she couldn't say "Cut the poo poo" and "That bitch" in every promo.

cut the poop, Maggle, I'm that buddy

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Would "I'm that one." get over?

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Open Marriage Night posted:

If they let her I hope we get more from this guy

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

dodgeblan posted:

you've got to hand it to WWE, seth is like the only person you could slot in there to make me not care about a punk worked shoot angle. There's just nothing about Seth's presentation that feels authentic to me- you could have video footage of punk crying real tears about the comments and I'd never believe it.

literally any other WWE main event wrestler I could suspend disbelief and be like 'hmmm maybe there's real bad blood there' but seth's character is being an inauthentic dork so yeah maybe he hates CM punk with every fiber of his being but it just comes across as fake

The fact that he actually cited being called a "bootlicker" is pretty funny, as if a large portion of the IWC didn't think the same. Would be much better if he stuck to making GBS threads on Punk's ego and trashing of WWE

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Grendels Dad posted:

jesus this was 8 years ago.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Barry Bluejeans posted:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

A Fancy Hat posted:

I'm pretty convinced HHH legit hates Danielson for some reason and all of the "we need to retrain her" stuff is mostly a shot at him.

Which is even more :lol: because Bryan was trained by HBK when he first started wrestling

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Grendels Dad posted:

WWE so bland that someone saying "bitch" was treated as a watershed moment

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Didn't HBK also save Punk's job at one point during the WWECW run?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Barry Bluejeans posted:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Raeg posted:

Worked shoots are back baybee, give me that delicious WCW 2000 taste. By that I mean book Sid.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Which is even more :lol: because Bryan was trained by HBK when he first started wrestling

I thought that was one of those “the school is owned by HBK and you say you were trained by him because he showed up sometimes to gladhand” deals

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

75% of what made Jade fun to watch was Smart Mark Sterling

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan