Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
It's a little over 90 miles between metlife and lincoln field. With a good enough antenna you should be able to pick up either teams home broadcast in each team's home turf. Y'all are neighbors in a way most other teams aren't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Mr. Nice! posted:

It's a little over 90 miles between metlife and lincoln field. With a good enough antenna you should be able to pick up either teams home broadcast in each team's home turf. Y'all are neighbors in a way most other teams aren't.
I grew up just outside of Philly in Bucks and growing up we were sometimes able to get NYC stations with our rooftop antenna. It was usually weather-dependent and never crystal clear, but enough to watch the occasional ballgame

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.
E: lol not GDT

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

You can do it but you need like loving minutes of arc accuracy on a very directional antenna, especially since the atsc switchover

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

WPVI (Philly's ABC station) just unfucked their digital signal after 14ish years. It used to be virtually impossible to get their channel even in parts of the city itself let alone surrounding suburbs

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

If the Cowboys beat the Eagles on Sunday I’ll be pretty happy. Not in my life obviously but about football.

I will be fuckin insufferable

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Nice! posted:

Dallas is 250 miles from the nearest team (Houston)

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Make an Oklahoma team, NFL.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Doltos posted:

Exactly what I'm talking about. Fucker from the third biggest city in the USA wants to act like no wealth distribution happens there. You are not Rocky.

Sixth largest city. 8th or 9th largest metro area. Still pretty drat big.

Probably not top 20 in per capita income, but still wealthier than most (and all the assholes in ITT are probably from Bala Cynwyd or Bryn Mawr)

predicto fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Dec 8, 2023

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Mr. Nice! posted:

We're also that close to the Jets but lol, Jets.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Shinjobi posted:

Make an Oklahoma team, NFL.

Already have the cowboys

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I lived in Tulsa and saw the Oklahoma Outlaws play at Skelly Stadium (home of the TU Hurricane)

Doug Williams was the QB

e: they did draw about 15-20,000 per game

MrMojok fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Dec 8, 2023

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

blarzgh posted:

I will be fuckin insufferable

So just posting as usual?

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.
You know what? gently caress the Cowboys

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
on one hand, i've had this game written down as a loss for the eagles since the schedule came out and i can't think of any realistic argument for them going into jerryworld and winning on sunday night

on the other hand, i feel like getting it handed to them by the niners last week was important and much-needed and it's impossible to predict how they're going to respond

Toaster Beef fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Dec 8, 2023

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Since both teams can’t lose, I’m rooting for a tie that’s the Clownballiest game in the glorious history of NFC East Clownball.

Failing that, gently caress the Cowboys.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Toaster Beef posted:

on one hand, i've had this game written down as a loss for the eagles since the schedule came out and i can't think of any realistic argument for them going into jerryworld and winning on sunday night
The Cowboys like the Niners will also have had 10 days rest. It's a rough stretch.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
Dak is going to win the mvp this weekend

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Quiet Feet posted:

So just posting as usual?

Try and imagine how much worse it could be

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

indigi posted:

Dak is going to win the mvp this weekend

He’s going to have to do a lot to catch Purdy

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
Purdy isn't the MVP of his own backfield

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
I'd rather see Dak win MVP than Purdy, who might be good and play the most valuable position but is like the 3rd most valuable player at best on his own team

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
https://theathletic.com/5104918/2023/12/08/mike-mccarthy-analytics-dallas-cowboys?source=user-shared-article

A really excellent article on McCarthy, the Cowboys and their history of analytics

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

shyduck posted:

WPVI (Philly's ABC station) just unfucked their digital signal after 14ish years. It used to be virtually impossible to get their channel even in parts of the city itself let alone surrounding suburbs

Huh, I never knew that the NFC East thread was a place I could go to say "gently caress the Cowboys" and find out that I can finally get ABC through my antennae! Thanks!

Also, gently caress the Cowboys.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

indigi posted:

Purdy isn't the MVP of his own backfield

CMC opens up the qb game so much. Wonder how much more Dak could be cooking right now with his elevated play if our run game had CMC and their o line's performance. (our O line is great but the run isn't clicking the way it should, probably down to Pollard)

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

WaffleZombie posted:

Huh, I never knew that the NFC East thread was a place I could go to say "gently caress the Cowboys" and find out that I can finally get ABC through my antennae! Thanks!

Also, gently caress the Cowboys.

No matter where you are, you can always pick up FTC on your antenna.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The MVP will be decided by who cooks the Eagles secondary more. If Dak lights it up Sunday, he's the frontrunner.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
when the Cowboys win as long as he doesn't throw three picks he'll be the front runner

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Harlock posted:

The MVP will be decided by who cooks the Eagles secondary more. If Dak lights it up Sunday, he's the frontrunner.

Both those loser rear end quarterback’s will be out of the running after the game cause clownball is going to loving peak this SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!!!!!!

Can’t wait to watch the shitshow unfold in real time.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

blarzgh posted:

Try and imagine how much worse it could be

Oh god. Is that when you start posting semi nude photos of Dak Prescott getting out of the shower?

Kidding aside, everyone knows that Dallas, Philly and SF are all really loving good. As an Eagles fan, this year the only thing missing is our inability to put an entire game together where all the pieces and weapons we have work in unison and we just whip the ever loving dog poo poo out of inferior teams, and I'm not sure why that's the case and why it hasn't happened yet. Maybe the coaching changes and the pieces we lost.

We're as good and as capable of beating any team in the league, and have porven it by beating several good ones (which the Cowboys have NOT), but there's a palpable lack of confidence in the fan base that I can't say is entirely irrational or unjustified. I also had a split with Dallas and an L marked down on my schedule prediction so a loss here wouldn't shock me at all.

But this would be a great end to my weekend if we just finally went out there, put it all together and beat the christ out of America's Team on prime time TV. Whoever wins this game is gonna settle the NFC power ratings heading into the playoffs and none of those outcomes would surprise me. I think everyone knows it's SF, DAL and PHI in no particular order but the 49ers have beaten us both pretty handily so, if nothing else, they have bragging rights for the moment.

Hopefully, we push Dallas back to the clear #3 slot but I'm not gonna sit here and talk poo poo pretending that they're not dangerous or that Dak can't get it done either. He's playing great and the Birds were fortunate to win that first game.

Match ups like this are why we love the game and what December football is all about.

I can't wait.

*clears throat*

*ahem*

gently caress the Cowboys.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Febreeze posted:

I'd rather see Dak win MVP than Purdy, who might be good and play the most valuable position but is like the 3rd most valuable player at best on his own team

The actual MVP of the Niners is Trent Williams.

Then CMC, then Purdy.

And they're all more valuable than Dak.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
All this mvp talk I'd like to circle back to like a week ago when I said it was loving crazy that anyone was talking about hurts in the mvp discussion and lmao boy he really showed up against the niners after I said that.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

gently caress the Cowboys

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Diqnol posted:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Diqnol posted:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Diqnol posted:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Diqnol posted:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
gently caress the Eagles lmao they're loving fifty times worse in the last 20 years and they're about to be golden boy'd so hard by a blatantly biased reffing crew picked specifically for this game

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Doltos posted:

gently caress the Eagles lmao they're loving fifty times worse in the last 20 years and they're about to be golden boy'd so hard by a blatantly biased reffing crew picked specifically for this game

I'm sorry Philly hurt you so bad. gently caress the Cowboys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Doltos posted:

Your team must have 5 wins or more for your opinion to matter in the nfce. It’s just the rules.