Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
How dumb do you have to be to go after a universally respected person like Heidi MacDonald?

https://x.com/ethanvansciver/status/1732771707818033610?s=46&t=hN7QrcuD7lAZiiIdTJ-hdA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

If you’re going to give EVS more attention, can it be for something more important than “yells at people on Twitter”? I imagine that’s about 90% of his posts. It’s not really news.

(Also people should screen shot it, so Twitter doesn’t get the metrics.)

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

IUG posted:

(Also people should screen shot it, so Twitter doesn’t get the metrics.)

Naaah, click on the Twitter link and look at all the chuds, it is very likely going to make everyone around you seem better in comparison.

In general I think it’s always better to look at the context of why people are being idiots.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Oasx posted:

Naaah, click on the Twitter link and look at all the chuds, it is very likely going to make everyone around you seem better in comparison.

In general I think it’s always better to look at the context of why people are being idiots.

it's also that twitter is broken and won't display for a bunch of people

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oasx posted:

I'm not going to make a twitter account so I can see dudes being lovely online

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Yeah not gonna give them my phone number to get an account.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Opopanax posted:

I'm still surprised that got locked down. Sure gonna get new users if they can't see anything. Smart people over there...

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Opopanax posted:

I literally deleted my account because I didn't want to see this

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

I clicked the link so you wouldn't have to. Just garbage people talking up other garbage people. And an odd amount of people posting what they consider to be bad art in a discussion about writing.

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

Opopanax posted:

That's a good decision, but if you ever have something you do want to see, using Nitter (change twitter.com/x.com to nitter.net) will both let you see and cost Elon money by making his computers give you the page minus the ads and login stuff.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

Morrison uses they/them pronouns, but yes, they have made comments to that effect

My bad! I can re edit my post accordingly

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Mark Millar has joined the comicsgate crowd and is now calling anti comic’s gate people “Cancel Pigs”

Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
The universe is a hologram.
Buy gold.

Rhymenoserous posted:

Mark Millar has joined the comicsgate crowd and is now calling anti comic’s gate people “Cancel Pigs”

Well, Mark Millar licks goats (quoting Warren Ellis, a kinda worse shithead)

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Liefeld made sure to weigh in and warn about the Wokes.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Foglet posted:

Well, Mark Millar licks goats (quoting Warren Ellis, a kinda worse shithead)

Ellis had a distinct edge going into 2023, but Millar is really working to close that gap.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Ellis up to anything? I stopped following him when the group who was talking with him and trying to get past what happened said it wasn't going anywhere.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Uthor posted:

Ellis up to anything? I stopped following him when the group who was talking with him and trying to get past what happened said it wasn't going anywhere.

Still not going anywhere

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/RyanHigginsRyan/status/1734724554235555844

A book called 'Generation Simone.'

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
We have a new challenger!

https://twitter.com/WednesdayPull/status/1734668436427391062?t=GL8h2kYPmUvCrzFP0TNUnQ&s=19

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Liefeld phrased that like he’s trying to appear neutral. I wonder what “solutions” he feels the “woke” folks are lacking, unless there’s a dog whistle in there I’m missing

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
I'm almost relieved that Liefeld turns out to be personally awful. It justifies my decades of spite for him for purely professional reasons.

I've been hearing since ever that "Rob is a likable guy, he has such enthusiasm for the industry!" And always thought "I wish any of that showed in his work."

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sephyr posted:

I'm almost relieved that Liefeld turns out to be personally awful. It justifies my decades of spite for him for purely professional reasons.

I've been hearing since ever that "Rob is a likable guy, he has such enthusiasm for the industry!" And always thought "I wish any of that showed in his work."

The funny part is some others might recall that for a while he was Good Ol' Uncle Rob, the kindly elder statesman of comics just wanting to help out and hang out... and then Deadpool came out and he put out a graphic novel and burned through all the goodwill he'd accumulated in like a month. "Book cancelled? That sucks. Should have had a Liefeld variant cover!"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Those woke comic book sites just have no solutions!

"Maybe don't keep replacing characters with their older whiter counterparts."

No solutions!

"Maybe cut down on the sexism a bit?"

No. Solutions.

"Hire more diverse writers?"

No solutions at all.

"Maybe don't ignore reports of people being abusive?"

Nope. Not a single solution to be found.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Predator Omnibus v2 is removing stories where the Preds fight nazis and confederates

https://twitter.com/ronmarz/status/1734918459719319866?s=20

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The Predator killing Stepan Bandera has suddenly become politically controversial

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Wanderer posted:

Ellis had a distinct edge going into 2023, but Millar is really working to close that gap.

Ellis has at least kept his shittiness strictly contained to his personal affairs and not the comics industry at large. So there's that.

Lucifunk
Nov 11, 2005

Once again, as a middle aged white guy, I'd like to ask my mayonnaise brothers to please just shut the gently caress up and sit down and listen instead of pouting they can't use slurs as punchlines anymore.

Millar, EVS, Leifeld.

These 3 men have not put out anything of relevance in over a decade at the least in comics. Millar was extremely influential on the MCU and had two series adapted into films. Am I just unaware, or has anything else he's done been successful since? Wanted has very little in common with the book, and I honestly don't remember Kick rear end much at all, comic or movie.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

David D. Davidson posted:

Ellis has at least kept his shittiness strictly contained to his personal affairs and not the comics industry at large. So there's that.

I was trying to work out a way to phrase that, so I'm glad you found a way to.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Liefeld phrased that like he’s trying to appear neutral. I wonder what “solutions” he feels the “woke” folks are lacking, unless there’s a dog whistle in there I’m missing

He has a history of trying to act like he's politically neutral in ways that wind up being real stupid in a way that satisfies nobody. Like one time he said he thinks Trump is bad but he does want the wall built.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Millar has never written a good comic.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Terrible Opinions posted:

Millar has never written a good comic.

Red Son was okay but probably not for the reasons he intended.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Didn't Grant Morrison ghost write a large portion of Red Son?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Millar's run on Superman Adventures is fine. Sometimes good, or better.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

they at the very least came up with the ending that everyone remembers

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

they claimed to have given Millar the idea for the end.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Didn't Millar do a stupid COIE thing with all his original works, including re-using his big supervillain of what if Batman was the Joker edgelord?

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
yeah it's currently running (about to end?) and has absolutely gorgeous Pepe Larraz art, unfortunately

poop chute
Nov 16, 2023

by Athanatos

bunnyofdoom posted:

Didn't Millar do a stupid COIE thing with all his original works, including re-using his big supervillain of what if Batman was the Joker edgelord?

He sure did! Basically, at the end of the Nemesis reboot, it's revealed that every Millarworld title (minus the original Nemesis) exists in the same universe as Wanted, leading into a big crossover event about Wesley from Wanted trying to eliminate all of the new hero-type folks who have started appearing in the last twenty years.

It's incredibly bad and ends with some real bullshit deus ex machina involving a Chrononauts suit and two Hit-Girls. Also "every Millarworld title" includes the American Jesus trilogy, because the guy from that is president at the start of the mini, despite not actually appearing because I guess it was too hard to work in President Antichrist.

I regret the cumulative hour I spent reading it.

riderchop posted:

yeah it's currently running (about to end?) and has absolutely gorgeous Pepe Larraz art, unfortunately

Finished up last month, I believe.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Seeing some go Chud is kinda crazy, especially when they wrote something like this:

Happened around the time of Bush and Iraq.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Everything Millar ever wrote has always been terrible, but he helped his co-creators get paid in a way very few others who made it to Hollywood did. Sad to see him lean in to this trash.