Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Arc Hammer posted:

Fatshark relegating important information to patchnotes and blog posts and never providing ingame tool tips for new features has been their MO since Vermintide 1. There's a reason that mods giving you a better info breakdown are so popular.

you say that but every player, new and old, somehow manages to skip past the pop up box that explains how to make extra loadouts in Darktide.

i think the item quality information isn't that big a deal to know about, they're a bonus and mostly only good for an occasional t4 blessing. Actual weapon stat and attack breakdowns exist now and weren't originally a thing on release after all!

That said a glossary of in game terms would be cool to have somewhere in the menus, I'm def a big fan of all important information being available in game to read and that is a big one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

kampen mot gud og hvite krist er i gang
Grimey Drawer
I'm now back to crashing more than at launch. Played 2 games this morning and I think I crashed 8 times? Loving it

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

the first question would be: are you using mods? If yes, turn them off and try again, assuming you haven't already

the second: have you tried verifying file integrity to see if there any corrupt files? A few goons ran into this on the discord.

third: is your graphics card driver up to date? I had an issue with crashing occasionally until i update my drivers, it happens pretty consistently every time i get a driver update i let languish.

idk what platform you're using or what rig you have but i haven't heard anyone mentioning they've started crashing a lot more. There's also an issue in the new level where the game gets eeird lag consistently for everyone in the mission in a certain spot.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Evil Kit posted:

grims are still not worth it except as a way to restore a wound tho

How does grim restore wound? Do you gain health from the corruption removed by banishing? I honestly haven't picked up a grim since launch since they were never worth it.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

No, you don't gain white health (unless you then get healed by a medkit). It "restores a wound" in the sense that it lets you get knocked down an additional time without dying.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Jerkface posted:

How does grim restore wound? Do you gain health from the corruption removed by banishing? I honestly haven't picked up a grim since launch since they were never worth it.

what Megan said, it used to be the only way to heal corruption past the wound threshold. When you break a grim it heals a flat amount of corruption, which if you pick it up and break it immediately is enough to get you an extra down back, though it's not enough to get an entire wound bar.

Now of course healing stimm exists so eh, even more niche.

MuffinsAndPie
May 20, 2015

edgar_ posted:

I'm now back to crashing more than at launch. Played 2 games this morning and I think I crashed 8 times? Loving it

Try turning off VPN if you're using one as well

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

Reiley posted:

Making the classes customizable personalities is the smartest choice they made and solves one of the core problems of the Left 4 Dead model: girlpicker conflicts.

This is a widespread enough phenomenon to intuit, but I think it’s hilarious that when you Google the term “girlpicker” this post is literally the only result in a gaming context

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

kampen mot gud og hvite krist er i gang
Grimey Drawer

Evil Kit posted:

the first question would be: are you using mods? If yes, turn them off and try again, assuming you haven't already

the second: have you tried verifying file integrity to see if there any corrupt files? A few goons ran into this on the discord.

third: is your graphics card driver up to date? I had an issue with crashing occasionally until i update my drivers, it happens pretty consistently every time i get a driver update i let languish.

idk what platform you're using or what rig you have but i haven't heard anyone mentioning they've started crashing a lot more. There's also an issue in the new level where the game gets eeird lag consistently for everyone in the mission in a certain spot.

Funny enough, it started happening _after_ I updated my geforce drivers for the first time in a while. Disabled mods, verified integrity, started it up - had the worst crash yet (trying to view contracts at melk)

Oh well.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

edgar_ posted:

Funny enough, it started happening _after_ I updated my geforce drivers for the first time in a while. Disabled mods, verified integrity, started it up - had the worst crash yet (trying to view contracts at melk)

Oh well.

a number of goons including myself have crashed when opening melks shop (i dont use mods), i think it's a known issue at this point. It only happens occasionally and isn't consistent, will probably get hotfixed.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
I had the crash at Melk's the first time visiting him after the patch and none of the times I visited him after that. I'm guessing it was a shader compilation thing? :shrug:

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I crashed once visiting melks last night.

Something I need to try and record maybe is post-patch I'm having the plasma gun sometimes not shoot with sound and everything. Like the animation plays of a non-charged shot going off but it's like I fired a blank. This was in mission, I think I'll see if I can replicate it in the psykanium. But anyone know what I'm talking about?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Plasma thing is a known issue, dont worry

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
Plasma issues probably a side effect of them trying to make it so charge doesn't effect its damage.

After every patch the game is super stuttery for me until Ive played a game or two. I assume it's shader cache related.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Have another one of them vox teasers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Le0QlrxhiQ

We might be seeing that new mission sooner rather than later

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Zola is a local from Atoma right? I'm wondering if her hiding something isn't a genestealer bit but that she was part of a hive gang that eventually turned traitor and she got out.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

she didn't go into hiding, she deployed on a mission maybe without permission(?), presumably to go get revenge on someone. Sounds like someone in the dreg gang who will potentially be a new assassination boss. A dreg assassination would be cool.

Zola might be a former ganger though that is true, not uncommon to have happen.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I didn't mean she went into hiding. The psyker who talks to his Beloved mentions that Zola is hiding something from herself and she doesn't know it. I'm thinking her obsession with Wolfer and the Karnak twins is more personal than professional and there was more going on during the prison ship boarding than we first realized.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Zola is my wife actually

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Arc Hammer posted:

I didn't mean she went into hiding. The psyker who talks to his Beloved mentions that Zola is hiding something from herself and she doesn't know it. I'm thinking her obsession with Wolfer and the Karnak twins is more personal than professional and there was more going on during the prison ship boarding than we first realized.

oh i see what you mean, yeah fair. Either way low key excited to see where this goes

Dandywalken posted:

Zola is my wife actually

:mods:

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Anyone else having a problem with the first hit of the new eviscerator hanging sometimes? It feels like it randomly hangs for about a second, leading to me getting hit way more than I intend. It happens with light, heavy, revved, unrevved.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
I solo'd a daemonhost just by parrying it with my Devil's Claw last night. Sorry for the stupid brag, but goddamn that was an exhilarating gaming moment. It was only Heresy difficulty, not sure if such a thing would be possible on Damnation.

TaurusTorus posted:

Anyone else having a problem with the first hit of the new eviscerator hanging sometimes? It feels like it randomly hangs for about a second, leading to me getting hit way more than I intend. It happens with light, heavy, revved, unrevved.

I played a few games with it and didn't notice a problem like this. It's a slower weapon than I prefer, but the left click spam for horde clearing is excellent.

Devils Affricate fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Dec 8, 2023

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

TaurusTorus posted:

Yes, I have noticed that and I recall someone else mentioning it in the thread when it was first released.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/uN3mXoj.mp4

dog ricocheted off my face and died on impact

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Owl Inspector posted:

dog ricocheted off my face and died on impact

Probably interpolation, your client received data on the dog leaping and sent data on your damage to the dog at the same time, then the server sent the data that the dog was dead after the leap was animating

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Enjoy posted:

Probably interpolation, your client received data on the dog leaping and sent data on your damage to the dog at the same time, then the server sent the data that the dog was dead after the leap was animating

no my face killed it

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000

Enjoy posted:

Pretty sure it bounced off his nose and died

Jk love you dawg

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

the dog's dead, Shuka.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
dead dog

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb
hound elimna... elimnayd... grut it... dog dead.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Owl Inspector posted:

no my face killed it

I’ve seen your face and can confirm

joneswt
Feb 22, 2011

The track for the new warrens map absolutely slaps. Kyd may not be pregnant, but he keeps delivering.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Forgot to check Melk this week for my Zealot, and he delivered me this.

I have no idea what to make of it. It "clears" the horde by knocking everything to the ground with its light attack string, except monstrosities and bulwarks. Bulwarks got down with a special attack. Sadly, most of the time they get back up, but it is pretty funny holding w and spamming m1 and knocking groups of ragers and maulers onto the ground.

Emy
Apr 21, 2009

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Forgot to check Melk this week for my Zealot, and he delivered me this.

I have no idea what to make of it. It "clears" the horde by knocking everything to the ground with its light attack string, except monstrosities and bulwarks. Bulwarks got down with a special attack. Sadly, most of the time they get back up, but it is pretty funny holding w and spamming m1 and knocking groups of ragers and maulers onto the ground.

The crusher is great for knocking things around, and kinda hard to search for because of the enemy named the same thing. For hordes, you can spam light -> heavy, and either just keep repeating that, or do a block reset afterward to get the flat trajectory on that first light again. Heavy -> light gets you overheads for single targets. And if you can land headshots despite its awkward trajectory, the push attack is really good too.

It's a weapon with a small blessing pool, and only one damage blessing (Skullcrusher), so if you're vibing with the weapon it's worth fishing for that.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

updog is cleared for takeoff

https://i.imgur.com/xmRpQ5V.mp4

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Get down mr president

https://i.imgur.com/g4gPI1j.mp4

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
did ogryn weeklies, the change to the achlys stubber is so fuckin good and along with the new folding shovel they've both replaced my trench raider build's OG shovel and ripper gun. new shovel synergizes better with heavy melee spam skills and is an absolute maniac killer that pops ragers and mutants with a headshot; achyls cant pierce armor but foldy takes care of that and now i can clear shooters much, much better while retaining enough accuracy to take out snipers or at least keep them down

Estel
May 4, 2010
The kickback is still my favourite Ogryn secondary, you can swap to it really quickly and delete any special or disabler at close-medium range. Even snipers at long range usually die in two shots.

If I'm not first in specials/disablers kills I'm tied with the first or really close second.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Disablers are obviously important targets, but when I'm on Ogryn elite shooters are a huge priority as well. I get really frustrated when I swap off my vet and it feels like no one is taking them down instantly like I would be if I had my plasma.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

I always go back to the rumbler. It’s just a really fun weapon and I love banking shots around corners.