Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Really is crazy how the Texans and titans drafted the future of the division in the same draft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Bismack Billabongo posted:

I can only afford to hate watch the titans on a pirated buffstreams link. This loving moron pays for the right to see it in person! 💪

Stop posting in my thread dude.

Hey now, we accept all comers. But if Demon of the Fall wants to be a true hater, he's got to take up a weird hobby like Kawalimus has with birding. Crocheting, maybe.

Metapod posted:

I feel pretty confident at this point to say Levis is someone we can build around. He can definitely regress and become unplayable as many before him have done. But if actual offensive help arrives next season I think he'll stabilize into someone pretty solid

This Titans team has proven it can get into the playoffs and be competitive with someone like Tannehill at quarterback, and Levis certainly has enough potential to be at the very least that, maybe higher. I dunno, waiting for the other shoe to drop and for us to learn we have Mac Jones or Daniel Jones instead, but he's the only one connecting with Hopkins on this team, let him play.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Mindlessly post big Jeff like the rest of us or gently caress off.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Stroud, ARich, Levis, and Trevor Bust proving to be a far more interesting future of a division than, like, the NFC South or a whole host of other divisions. Should be a fun decade.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Probably Magic posted:

Hey now, we accept all comers. But if Demon of the Fall wants to be a true hater, he's got to take up a weird hobby like Kawalimus has with birding. Crocheting, maybe.

This Titans team has proven it can get into the playoffs and be competitive with someone like Tannehill at quarterback, and Levis certainly has enough potential to be at the very least that, maybe higher. I dunno, waiting for the other shoe to drop and for us to learn we have Mac Jones or Daniel Jones instead, but he's the only one connecting with Hopkins on this team, let him play.

Mac Jones is a good example of how a perfectly fine qb can get ruined with bad management. Need to get levis some help would obviously love if we were the ones who could snatch tee Higgins away from cincy

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I’ve posted this in other threads I think but imagine this team with competent tackles and Troy franklin as WR2. That dude would be an incredible fit for what Mr jeans can do

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Metapod posted:

Mac Jones is a good example of how a perfectly fine qb can get ruined with bad management. Need to get levis some help would obviously love if we were the ones who could snatch tee Higgins away from cincy

I’m not convinced tee Higgins is good. He’s been atrocious this year. Burks is almost at the point where we have to write him off and Hopkins still has another year on his deal. Would rather see them draft a guy like Troy franklin.

E: wish we would have snagged AT Perry when we had the chance.

Bismack Billabongo fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Dec 5, 2023

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
If the titans draft Troy Franklin I will change my forums name to Troy Franklin Stan.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

I’m not convinced tee Higgins is good. He’s been atrocious this year. Burks is almost at the point where we have to write him off and Hopkins still has another year on his deal. Would rather see them draft a guy like Troy franklin.

Higgins is amazing he's been bad this year cause he broke his rib against us and Bengals decided to keep playing him to drive down his value lol. Yeah burkes body can't handle the league 😔. Oh I didn't realize Hopkins was a multi year deal

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Mindlessly post big Jeff like the rest of us or gently caress off.

*taps the sign*

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Big Jeff is old news, Big Will is the new hotness

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Intruder posted:

Big Jeff is old news, Big Will is the new hotness

it is possible there can be two big guys in the same division

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
There’s a non-zero chance Tee Higgins is a Titan next year lol

Burks has lovely luck, so I’m prepared to give him next year before I write him off, but yeah he looks to be Not It, and a WR2 ceiling anyway. D-Hop still has juice, glad he got the multi-year deal.

Invest in the O-Line and secondary in the off-season, sign a Higgins-level FA WR to balance it out, then if your infrastructure is stabilized in 2024, spend the weapon money in 2025 and make a real run with an experienced Levis/Spears attack.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Higgins has been bad all season. I know that this year is the exception to the rule but I don’t think he’s good enough to justify the money he’ll want. I don’t hate him but I would definitely prefer they throw big money at CB and LB instead of WR.

Kuharsky floated the idea of going after Calvin Ridley on his pod and I would prefer him to Higgins if the team wanted to go the FA route.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Surely the jags don't let Ridley leave

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Franchise tag for WRs this year was $23m. Do the Jags tag him for that much (plus however much it goes up)? I think probably but who knows

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

I can only afford to hate watch the titans on a pirated buffstreams link. This loving moron pays for the right to see it in person! 💪

lol ACKSUALLY i went to 1 game this year with my family and we won, yay! but every other game i've watched has been poo poo and I've stopped supporting the team with my dollars, absolutely. I will continue to say will levis is a garbageman until he proves otherwise

and no, i don't think i will!!

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Metapod posted:

Surely the jags don't let Ridley leave

I wouldn’t think so but you never know. It’s not like they can offer him more money than Tennessee can

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I wouldn’t think so but you never know. It’s not like they can offer him more money than Tennessee can

we have so many holes i'd really rather not blow it all on calvin ridley. we still have nwi and stuff, wide receiver isn't our worst position stable.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I agree that the money would be better spent on other spots, 100%. No idea what ILB, DE and CB free agents will be looking like but we need impact at all three of those if they cut Landry like I’m expecting. I guess Landry is technically an OLB but whatever

Bismack Billabongo fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Dec 5, 2023

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

The Jags have to give Atlanta a higher pick if they re-sign Ridley. If they arent feeling great about him I could see them letting him walk to save the money and the pick.

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007
I'm not up on my Tennessee lore, is calling someone "Nashville area" a devastating insult?

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
It’s no Memphis.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

It's no Knoxville.

My favorite fact about Tennessee is their state flag looks like a Dragon Ball.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Knoxville rules

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Knoxville, Nashville, and Memphis are all fun.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I had fun on my recent vacation in Tennessee but Nashville was not my thing aside from going to third man. Too many bachelorettes

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

im going to be in memphis at the end of the month

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

"Stop making GBS threads up My Thread" says the guy who has over half his posts reading nothing but "Big Jeff"

Soul Glo posted:

Congratulations to Bengals qb Jake Browning, who won a game in his second start in his third year in the NFL. Love to see journeymen finally see some success, even if it took Trevor Bust getting knocked out of the game to get there.

I like it too and is why I root for Minshew, Dobbs and guys like that. Now I gotta root for CJ Beathard. Just sucks it came against Jax in their first MNF game since like 2011 when it was set up perfectly as a coming out game and kind of looked like a lay up. I don't think Trevor's injury is why they lost. Not sure what happened to the defense beyond learning that Jamar Chase is insanely hard to cover but at least Josh Allen 2 showed up. Bengals OC dialed up some good poo poo.

And, honest to god, that Lawrence injury looked far worse than it was. It wasn't the left ankle that got me, it was the right leg being bent back like a chicken wing and I legit thought we had another potential ALex Smith or Joe Theismann situation on our hands where a loving bone pops out. People around here are saying he plays next week but no loving way I run him out there against Cleveland on a short week.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Big Jeff

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Titans fans still love Jeff Fisher I guess

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

fartknocker posted:

Titans fans still love Jeff Fisher I guess

I don't think Jeff Fisher loves Jeff Fisher.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I don't think Jeff Fisher loves Jeff Fisher.
That doesnt stop Titans fans.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

BiggerBoat posted:

"Stop making GBS threads up My Thread" says the guy who has over half his posts reading nothing but "Big Jeff"

I like it too and is why I root for Minshew, Dobbs and guys like that. Now I gotta root for CJ Beathard. Just sucks it came against Jax in their first MNF game since like 2011 when it was set up perfectly as a coming out game and kind of looked like a lay up. I don't think Trevor's injury is why they lost. Not sure what happened to the defense beyond learning that Jamar Chase is insanely hard to cover but at least Josh Allen 2 showed up. Bengals OC dialed up some good poo poo.

And, honest to god, that Lawrence injury looked far worse than it was. It wasn't the left ankle that got me, it was the right leg being bent back like a chicken wing and I legit thought we had another potential ALex Smith or Joe Theismann situation on our hands where a fucking bone pops out. People around here are saying he plays next week but no loving way I run him out there against Cleveland on a short week.

:cheersbird:

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

lobster shirt posted:

im going to be in memphis at the end of the month

The food is good and the grizzlies suck if you fancy a bball game

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Well played

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
i nodded at jeff fisher while at a urinal in a movie theater bathroom once

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The entire interaction took 7-9 seconds.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i hosed him first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
So 2-4 seconds