Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Everytime I see the hand sign thing I'm just reminded of a meme video where they do it on an anime OP accidentally.

Also I think Mersault's quote is purposefully written wrong to dodge copyright issues? It's meant to be one of the early lines in the book but it should be "Mother died today. Or maybe yesterday; I can't be sure".
Yes, but I also assume this version of Meursault did kill his mother if that's how they changed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

PetraCore posted:

It's okay if Yi Sang claims Dongrang has a small penis, but Dongrang makes that joke about Yi Sang one time and the Captain steals all his fingers.

"oh you're saying the first mate has a small dick? you really think the Whale can't smell that kind of weakness a mile away? are you trying to make us look WEAK to the whale?"

"n-no???"

"WRONG ANSWER"

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me
Wait, Dongrang and the League of the Seven (Or Nine) is in the art? Where?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

L.U.I.G.I posted:

Wait, Dongrang and the League of the Seven (Or Nine) is in the art? Where?

Dongrang is adjusting his glasses behind Yi Sang, Dongbaek is to the right of him (hair colour/shape).

They're part of the crew, which is why beefcake Yi Sang is happy. He has his boyfriend and girlfriend with him.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Dec 8, 2023

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Honestly that looks more like Aseah than Dongbaek.

Also:

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1733050300288868710

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

LostRook posted:

Also:

This is Pursuance Rodion, for those who don't want to open the link. It's a HE EGO, so she's finally got an alternative to Fourth Match Flame.

Remember that EGO gacha is a scam until they unfuck the rate up numbers!

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

LostRook posted:

Also:

with weeks of buildup for captain ishmael project moon knows what we really want: an he ego for rodion

though tbf her current HE option sucks bigtime so yes, I guess

e: also yes never roll for EGO gacha

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me
Isn'T it a better option to just consistenly go for shard? Except for the event like Walpurgis where you can't buy poo poo of course.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Yinlock posted:

with weeks of buildup for captain ishmael project moon knows what we really want: an he ego for rodion

though tbf her current HE option sucks bigtime so yes, I guess

e: also yes never roll for EGO gacha

It looks amazing and it's finally a HE EGO for Rodion, so unironically yes, that's exactly what I really wanted. :v:

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
I always enjoy angelic eldritch abominations.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
I guess we might be getting the Scribe as Railway 3 final boss since we got this here. Would keep up the religious theming they've had thus far, too. That's my personal guess, at least.

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away
Well, we didn't get any EGO for Sign of Roses, so IDK if that'll be the final boss. Seems a bit big to assume that.

Anyway, though I've got a lot and I'll probably be saving shards for Ahabmael, Pursuance Rodya is cool and thematic.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
It's definitely less of an assumption and more of a bet, yes. By which I mean I will quote myself and post :smug: if I was right

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

You know, if Project Moon hadn't fumbled things with Wonderlab so badly, the ending would pretty neatly lend itself to a follow-up where the escaping Distortion at the end of Wonderlab took the Golden Bough with them and not just all the branch Abnormalities, so Limbus Company would have to figure out where they went to lay low and fight past the Abnormalities to get to the Bough and you could probably tie in a lot of Wonderlab characters that are also trying to find them, not necessarily in a Canto but maybe like a side thing.

Unfortunately...

(I really really liked Wonderlab and I'm sad how things went down where the author was clearly pretty fed up with a bunch of stuff and the Vellmori thing was only the last straw for her.)

PetraCore fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Dec 9, 2023

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

LostRook posted:

Also:

Dongbaek's holding the camera and snapped the picture at just the right time to make Dongrang look like a dork.

VinnyDonuts
Oct 4, 2013

:lobcorp:

GilliamYaeger posted:

You have to be loving kidding me. This is just getting out of hand now.

Y'know, if your group keeps going around shouting at people over the smallest things and accusing them of insinuating you have a small dick, people might start thinking you actually do have a small dick and you're just really insecure about it.

Probe 17
Jul 27, 2014

Red Rain is coming down

Red Rain

VinnyDonuts posted:

Y'know, if your group keeps going around shouting at people over the smallest things and accusing them of insinuating you have a small dick, people might start thinking you actually do have a small dick and you're just really insecure about it.

It's incredibly obvious the implication causes them sincere emotional distress, so at least we have that bit of schadenfreude.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

VinnyDonuts posted:

And, you know, it's not like there's anything actually wrong with having a small dick, but there's certainly something wrong about being so violently protective of your dick status you try to forbid fictional characters from gripping things using their thumbs.

VinnyDonuts
Oct 4, 2013

:lobcorp:

PetraCore posted:

And, you know, it's not like there's anything actually wrong with having a small dick, but there's certainly something wrong about being so violently protective of your dick status you try to forbid fictional characters from gripping things using their thumbs.

I can only imagine the in-person conversation equivalent of this whole thing going something like this:

"HEY! HEY, ARE YOU INSULTING MY MICROPENIS?"
"Uh?"
"YOU'RE LAUGHING! YOU'RE LAUGHING AT MY TINY, TINY DICK!"
"What, no I'm not-"
"SEE? YOU SAID I HAVE A LITTLE JOHNSON!"
"I didn't-"
"NOW YOU'RE DENYING THAT YOU SAID I HAVE ONE!"
"What the-"
"APOLOGIZE! APOLOGIZE FOR MAKING FUN OF MY ITTY BITTY BITS RIGHT NOW!"
"Okay? I'm sorry?"
"THAT'S RIGHT. HEH, I'M SO COOL."

Honestly, just incredible energy. I can only envy their lack of self-awareness and utter confidence.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
If you REALLY think about it the entire left side of Ruina’s plot was the index and the thumb fighting over a no-man’s land in between them so the secret feminism has been there all along, clearly. :v:

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
Also, a general question for everyone else who's still playing: did the sprites for pallid blue mermaids or pallid thing-shields break after either the Queequeg banner update or the hotfix to de-thumb Dongrang? In the sense that they just disappear completely when they would display any sprite besides their default idle animation. Or seen any other weird graphical issues, for that matter?

Because I just reached the final dungeon, and I swear to god if they broke two common enemies right before I actually finish this chapter I will be so mad.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Lurks With Wolves posted:

Also, a general question for everyone else who's still playing: did the sprites for pallid blue mermaids or pallid thing-shields break after either the Queequeg banner update or the hotfix to de-thumb Dongrang? In the sense that they just disappear completely when they would display any sprite besides their default idle animation. Or seen any other weird graphical issues, for that matter?

Because I just reached the final dungeon, and I swear to god if they broke two common enemies right before I actually finish this chapter I will be so mad.
The enemies themselves aren't broken but the sprites sure are, yeah. I got through the dungeon without any issues, but now they keep disappearing when I'm doing exp luxcavation. Mermaids that can just go invisible is a pretty horrifying idea.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Mermaids of the dread Whale of the Unfixed Bug.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022

Theantero posted:

Mermaids of the dread Whale of the Unfixed Bug.

Considering some of the things we've seen, I wouldn't put it past the City to have something like that, something that glitches through reality.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

pls say hi and heckle me
Bloody hell, I just gave them mney. Couldn't they have waited until next Season to make something stupid?

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

KobunFan posted:

Considering some of the things we've seen, I wouldn't put it past the City to have something like that, something that glitches through reality.
Yeah, no, that checks out.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

L.U.I.G.I posted:

Isn'T it a better option to just consistenly go for shard? Except for the event like Walpurgis where you can't buy poo poo of course.

imo it's best to just get them when rolling normally for stuff unless it's a must-have, the fact that you can't get doubles means that you'll generally catch 'em all eventually

e: outside of battle pass ones ofc

e2:

KobunFan posted:

there's an abno that fits this bill at least, Dimensional Oxidation Variant.

notably it's event is narrated way more personally than usual and only Dante can really tell it exists.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Dec 9, 2023

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

pls say hi and heckle me
Been doing Canto 5 and like... They "fixed" a CG art but not the bug that make all the mermaids disappear?

:bighow:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Well, the..... "unfixed" CG art did bring a horde of rabid anti-feminists to their doorsteps before, so it's not like I can blame them.

Probe 17
Jul 27, 2014

Red Rain is coming down

Red Rain

Yinlock posted:

e2:

there's an abno that fits this bill at least, Dimensional Oxidation Variant.

notably it's event is narrated way more personally than usual and only Dante can really tell it exists.

And they do not like it one bit either. Dante seems to have good instincts in general when it comes to things like Abnos.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Probe 17 posted:

And they do not like it one bit either. Dante seems to have good instincts in general when it comes to things like Abnos.

They also know just enough to specify that it's not something anyone should see, specifically. Also if you touch it it wipes your hand from existence and replaces it with your hand from another dimension.

Really freaky and cool abno, one of the few aberrations that's better than the original IMO

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
I'm honestly hoping that PM nerdbaits a little more on the road to Capmael and the next banner is a Pip or Stubbs ID. I like the gimmicks they're pushing with the pequod crew and want to see more.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022

Onehandclapping posted:

I'm honestly hoping that PM nerdbaits a little more on the road to Capmael and the next banner is a Pip or Stubbs ID. I like the gimmicks they're pushing with the pequod crew and want to see more.

Oooo! What about a post-Mermaid Stubbs?

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SALcOfsYBQg

:911:

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Whatever I expected this video to be, I didn't get it. lmao

EDIT: Oh my god this person just makes videos like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNlmhY1ewWI

PetraCore fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Dec 11, 2023

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1734143571056529629

Sloth fragility.

ha ha sunshower go brrrr

Also that's a LOT of healing. Both the same Meursault Persuance on-hit heal, as well as an on kill/stagger shield AND passive healing whenever you smack an enemy enough. Real good poo poo right there.

Edit: Big MD3 thing as well, which is out this week!

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1973530/view/3896239940894801159

Looks like you get bonuses by using ops you hadn't used in your previous run.

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Dec 11, 2023

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Is PM finally figuring out that they should use "On Stagger" instead of "On Kill" if they actually want the effect to not be totally useless?

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

GilliamYaeger posted:

Looks like you get bonuses by using ops you hadn't used in your previous run.

Oh boy, I sure do like how now the optimal setup is having two whole separate optimized setups to bounce between instead of just having one team you can rely on for clears, this sure isn't a frustrating drain on resources and additional fiddling, nope.

However the whole "preselect what EGO Gift you want at the start" is good, at least. Finally, trying out a thematical or status linked team is viable and not as dependent on RNG, cool.

e.: lol the Rest Bonus section is some hyperborean nonsense, what I was thinking during my Starlight grind for MD2 was "this is neat, but what would make it even better is if optimization required me to keep track of what specific IDs haven't been used in a while and create a steady rotation of differing teams for each run or feel like I'm wasting my time"

KazigluBey fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Dec 11, 2023

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

On normal at least you can just alternate between two teams of any identities you have for MD3 since they get automatically put to level 40 and uptie 3 isn't particularly difficult (especially because it does have incentives for 0/00 identity inclusion).

Especially, especially because you can pick EGO gifts to start. Which means stuff like Rupture Teams can just, have the Thunderbranch from step one (and be thus very viable).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
what you mean you guys don't make six teams of separate units and just cycle through them by rote at all times? :v: