Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

We're gonna see a predator murder the poo poo out of some nazis and that is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Azubah posted:

We're gonna see a predator murder the poo poo out of some nazis and that is awesome.

:stare:

I never even thought of that.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I was under the impression that windtalkers were used more in the Pacific theater, so if anything the predators will be killing a lot of Japanese soldiers.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Android Apocalypse posted:

I was under the impression that windtalkers were used more in the Pacific theater, so if anything the predators will be killing a lot of Japanese soldiers.

Oh right. If it's about that then yeah it'll probably be the Marines and the Pacific theater.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
Has anyone used a katana against a Predator before? because thats 10000000% happening :getin:

Probably an epic cameo from Hiroyuki Sanada

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

Vampire Panties posted:

Has anyone used a katana against a Predator before? because thats 10000000% happening :getin:

Actually the best scene in the Adrien Brody flick.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Android Apocalypse posted:

I thought the same thing, then looked it up.

Comanche code talkers were used by the 4th Infantry Division which fought in the European theater which participated in the Battle of the Bulge and the capture of Nuremburg.

So yeah, Nazis.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Vampire Panties posted:

We got that in Predators

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

zenguitarman posted:

Actually the best scene in the Adrien Brody flick.

Azubah posted:

We got that in Predators

:hmmyes: well poo poo I guess I gotta watch that

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Yeah it's not perfect but it's a real treat that builds on the formula.

Predators is in my estimation the 3rd best in the canon after Predator and Prey, though I would not fight too hard if you wanted to put Predator 2 over it as well.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Vampire Panties posted:

:hmmyes: well poo poo I guess I gotta watch that

It’s a cool movie!

The design of the super-Predators was a little goofy for fans but then ‘Prey’ came out and had the most hosed up Predator face in history so ‘Predators’ doesn’t seem that bad by comparison.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Predators is fine, feels more complete than The Predator.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Owlbear Camus posted:

Yeah it's not perfect but it's a real treat that builds on the formula.

Predators is in my estimation the 3rd best in the canon after Predator and Prey, though I would not fight too hard if you wanted to put Predator 2 over it as well.

I saw Predator 2 before the original, and actually enjoyed it more? I feel like it gets a bad rap. I also haven’t watched it in ages, so maybe that’s deserved.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Predator 2 kicks rear end. Selah

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
Ok i'm watching Predators now :stare: katana stand was bad rear end. is that the first time a human has killed a predator in physical combat?

this movie deserves to be revisited. it came out in that nadir of sequels where they had to speedrun every plot point from the first movie. If you have never seen a predator movie before, this movie may as well be in latin. Otherwise the action is good, the effects are good, but the aforementioned issues mean the pacing/weight is loving terrible.

Maybe its Adrian Brody, but I kinda want to see Wes Anderson remake this movie. Weirdly i think he could make it work

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Vampire Panties posted:

Ok i'm watching Predators now :stare: katana stand was bad rear end. is that the first time a human has killed a predator in physical combat?

In Predator 2 Danny Glover kills him with his razor disc.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Pennywise the Frown posted:

In Predator 2 Danny Glover kills him with his razor disc.

A Predator killed by he own razor disc, a shameful Predator

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Vampire Panties posted:

this movie deserves to be revisited. it came out in that nadir of sequels where they had to speedrun every plot point from the first movie. If you have never seen a predator movie before, this movie may as well be in latin. Otherwise the action is good, the effects are good, but the aforementioned issues mean the pacing/weight is loving terrible.

Maybe its Adrian Brody, but I kinda want to see Wes Anderson remake this movie. Weirdly i think he could make it work

I really enjoyed it. The motley crew of characters, surprise Morpheus, Predator on Predator crime.

I thought Brody played a pretty great action anti-hero too.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

redshirt posted:

I really enjoyed it. The motley crew of characters, surprise Morpheus, Predator on Predator crime.

I thought Brody played a pretty great action anti-hero too.

It was fun and campy in a way The Predator tried but didn't quite succeed.

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
Alien thread, help me: does anyone have a good clean GIF - or even a screencap- of Bishop’s head saying “I admire its purity” with the subtitles enabled? The ones on Google are teeeeerrible.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Kestral posted:

Alien thread, help me: does anyone have a good clean GIF - or even a screencap- of Bishop’s head saying “I admire its purity” with the subtitles enabled? The ones on Google are teeeeerrible.

look at this guy coming to the aliens thread and mixing up his androids

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Kestral posted:

You probably mean Ash, and unfortunately I don’t.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Owlbear Camus posted:

Comanche code talkers were used by the 4th Infantry Division which fought in the European theater which participated in the Battle of the Bulge and the capture of Nuremburg.

So yeah, Nazis.

Day 1 theater viewing for that poo poo.

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

Kestral posted:

Grabs are easy. How's this? http://affronter.org/Images/purity.gif

I don't want to host it long term, though.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Kestral posted:

So the captioning sucks on this one, but it’s at least a decent video you could paste some text on (in a font of your choice!).

“I admire it’s purity” is at 2:04.

https://youtu.be/VA8jv1M6Y2g?si=EaF6xsneS3UdHKkP

e: this scene freaked me out as a kid. The high pitched whine at the start is literally what I hear if I’m having an anxiety attack. Ash’s weird voice effect was how I heard anything spoken in a nightmare for a long while (maybe up until end of middle school?).

I didn’t realize either of these things until rewatching the movie like 2 years ago, and I’m 38 now.

Icon Of Sin fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Dec 9, 2023

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

Owlbear Camus posted:

look at this guy coming to the aliens thread and mixing up his androids

This is what I get for phoneposting, argh.

Zorak of Michigan posted:

Grabs are easy. How's this? http://affronter.org/Images/purity.gif

I don't want to host it long term, though.

Beautiful, thank you!

Icon Of Sin posted:

e: this scene freaked me out as a kid. The high pitched whine at the start is literally what I hear if I’m having an anxiety attack. Ash’s weird voice effect was how I heard anything spoken in a nightmare for a long while (maybe up until end of middle school?).

I didn’t realize either of these things until rewatching the movie like 2 years ago, and I’m 38 now.

It got me good as a kid too. There's a reason that line has been stuck in my head for decades. It's funny, everyone I know who saw Alien as a little kid had some part of that film burn itself into their brain forever, but it's been different for everyone I've talked to about it.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Okay so I think I'm stuck in Aliens Dark Descent, I'm in Dead Hills and I'm supposed to find a bunch of cameras (marked on my map) and use them to find the source of the infestation or something? Where are these cameras and how do I interact with them? I'm going to each point in the map but I have no idea what to do and I don't see anything to interact with.

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

Kestral posted:

This is what I get for phoneposting, argh.

Beautiful, thank you!

Have you downloaded it?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Xenomrph posted:

Okay so I think I'm stuck in Aliens Dark Descent, I'm in Dead Hills and I'm supposed to find a bunch of cameras (marked on my map) and use them to find the source of the infestation or something? Where are these cameras and how do I interact with them? I'm going to each point in the map but I have no idea what to do and I don't see anything to interact with.

Interact with them by clicking on them, on the map.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Oh poo poo, I need this!

I think we all do.

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

Zorak of Michigan posted:

Have you downloaded it?

Yep, grabbed it, you can take it down whenever. Thanks again!

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

Pillbug
These guys have definitively been thinking about Aliens

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i50CX9z51AM

There is a whole build series, but who has time for that?

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
What would happen if a face hunger lunged at you but you just like put your hand over your mouth

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

WHY BONER NOW posted:

What would happen if a face hunger lunged at you but you just like put your hand over your mouth

Real answer it would probably use its tail to pull your arm away.

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017

Icon Of Sin posted:

Interact with them by clicking on them, on the map.

I played SNES Jurassic Park with my best friend growing up, weeks long summer adventure to beat it. There's a point where you have to reboot the system. This was before we knew anything about the internet, and there probably wasn't much out there at the time anyways. Weeks and maybe even months went by of us spending our Saturdays getting to that point then getting stuck. We'd then trace back our steps all over the drat map looking for something to help us reboot the system. Little did we know, all we had to do, was click the drat "boot" on the screen, to re-boot the system.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

Pillbug

WHY BONER NOW posted:

I'm gonna guess it puts its tail around your neck and cuts of your oxygen until you pass out and your hand goes limp. Same thing as when it threatens to strangle its victim if anyone messes with it while it's implanting.

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017

evobatman posted:

I'm gonna guess it puts its tail around your neck and cuts of your oxygen until you pass out and your hand goes limp. Same thing as when it threatens to strangle its victim if anyone messes with it while it's implanting.

Keep going I'm almost there...

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Well if I'm in a face hugger rich environment, I will be wearing a helmet with a neck brace. Or at least some kind of high tech mask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The trick is the tail is constricting your neck, which I suspect will cause your reflexes to gasp for air & give the facehugger an opportunity.

Now that I'm thinking of it, did the facehugger melt Kane's helmet when it attacked him?