Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

trapstar posted:

I’d say her pose indicates confidence. It also wasn’t primarily intended to be cheesecake.
Confidence in her titty tape maybe.

OK seriously though, there's no indication of movement at all in that image so why is her leg in that position? That's neither a comfortable nor assertive way to stand. If she's supposed to be runway walking forward then a) lol and b) the dress hems on the floor would not arrayed out in a circle like that.

:geno: "Here is my leg"
:ninja: "Uh, thanks. Are we going to fight now?"
:geno: "Look at how well I shaved it. Also my junk."
:ninja: "Is that a yes?"
:geno: "This staff is in my hand. It is pointing nowhere. It has no weight and provides no support."
:ninja: "You seem busy. I'm going to leave."
:geno: "My hand is purple."

Splicer fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Dec 9, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

trapstar posted:

I’d say her pose indicates confidence. It also wasn’t primarily intended to be cheesecake.

You should probably be entitled to like a partial refund then.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

yeah anyway I'm already sorry I spent this much words on what is really a nothing burger

Runa posted:

I don't even have anything to add to the discussion trapstar prompted, I just think it's cool that someone has the will and the werewithal to support an actual artist in a hobby which is usually awash with AI prompts.

Yes. I think it's very good that trapstar has been regularly paying artists to do character art for games.

trapstar
Jun 30, 2012

Yo tengo un par de ideas.

Leperflesh posted:

yeah anyway I'm already sorry I spent this much words on what is really a nothing burger

Yes. I think it's very good that trapstar has been regularly paying artists to do character art for games.

I quite enjoy it. :) Something exciting about seeing things in your games come to life visually.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
I think there's a big difference between trapstar coming and and going check out this art, what personality traits does she have, and trapstar coming in and going check out the titties on the BBEG in my game. Reading them the same way is dumb and insinuates a lot of negative poo poo about someone that they may not deserve. Again, horny should not be a crime!

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG
The vibes in this thread are so hosed, I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop so it can battle the FE8 Reverse Recruitment thread for GOAT

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

trapstar posted:

The reason I made her have a sultry air about her is because that is a general trope when regarding evil sorceresses.

It's good to be able to identify a fantasy cliche, but it's better to ask things like "why does this cliche exist" and "how do people react to it" before using it.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Megazver posted:

I'm not sure this whole discussion is heading in a healthy direction

I think people are being supremely loving weird about trapstar's commission itt. It began unhealthy, and to be explicit, I don't mean it began with trapstar.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I have just discovered the existence of Savage Worlds Pathfinder and I'd like to ask if anyone would like to sell me on it because it sounds like a cool concept and I'm curious if it sticks the landing.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

At absolute WORST posting your sexy wizard lady is like, a little cringe this is extremely pearl-clutchy

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Glagha posted:

At absolute WORST posting your sexy wizard lady is like, a little cringe this is extremely pearl-clutchy

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

I think trapstar's commission posting is cool and good and any discussion it generates is still more engaging than huge wordless image dumps in the modrons thread. :colbert:

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
For my FFXIII LP, I was thinking of getting the something awful peeps to do a 3 hour one shot between the penultimate and ultimate video about survivors of the purge trying to complete their focus. Like, an alternate group of survivors that survivor that slaughter and get a seperate focus that helps enable the main character's focus. I think it will be a great way to get the thread involved since they all get to play together at the end.

For it, I plan to use Fabula Ultima. There is an upcoming Techno-Fantasy book. I have the playtest materials. This was my plan:

I plan to use Technospheres. I will create a Mnemospheres for each Paradigm. They make a character and get three Paradigm Mnemospheres of their choice and 5 additional levels to invest in either their innate classes or their Mnemospheres. We use the Mnemopshere Only alternate version so they still use normal equipment. But it's only one Mnemosphere at a time, but they may swap their equipped Mnemosphere as a free action.

Outside of that, I think it should just work. Just a one shot where they wake up in a frozen lake and end up making the means for the main team to escape and turn to crystal realizing their only goal was to make a means for them to escape. Tragic but then in the final LP episodes their implied to be saved with everyone else who is freed from their focus at the end of the game.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I think it's funnier when the sexy cheesecake sorceress is a secret quirky nerd than when she's a quirky nerd sorceress from the start. The juxtaposition is what really pops the character traits.

trapstar
Jun 30, 2012

My Lovely Horse posted:

I think it's funnier when the sexy cheesecake sorceress is a secret quirky nerd than when she's a quirky nerd sorceress from the start. The juxtaposition is what really pops the character traits.

Haha that's great

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
50+ posts! I wonder what announcement was made!

Jfc you nerds

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

What personality traits should I give to the artist who I'm commissioning to draw the male BBEG bandit/cult leader in this game of mine that for the purposes of this bad joke exists? Note that I'm also telling the artist that the leader is a shirtless muscletwink with a gigantic bulge. I think this will really accent those personality traits and it won't make any of my players feel weird.

Edit: I'm maybe coming across harsher on this than I actually am. If my GM whipped out booby character art they'd had commissioned I would praise them for paying an actual human artist, but then also mock them incessantly but well-meaningly for their out-of-place horniness in the hope that they get the message, and that's the general vibe I'm going for here.

Drone fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Dec 9, 2023

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

lol what is happening itt. trad games goons see breast and its loving over

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
What in the goddamn gently caress

Someone posted cheesecake art but wanted to get some ideas for the character and everyone jumps to accusing them of being the pisswizard?!

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I was onboard at first because I skimmed over the word "commissioned" and thought we were freestyling about some random cheesecake they'd found. That they'd actually commissioned the c-tier wankbait and don't seem to get why and how it ended up c-tier is what's so funny and infuriating.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

LatwPIAT
Jun 6, 2011

I'm a woman, cheesecake fantasy art is the cosmic background radiation of my life. I'm allowed to roll my eyes from time to time. :colbert:

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

gradenko_2000 posted:

I have just discovered the existence of Savage Worlds Pathfinder and I'd like to ask if anyone would like to sell me on it because it sounds like a cool concept and I'm curious if it sticks the landing.

Instead of just one game whose hallmark is “Copying D&D’s Homework”, you get two of those games for the price of one.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Covok posted:

For my FFXIII LP, I was thinking of getting the something awful peeps to do a 3 hour one shot between the penultimate and ultimate video about survivors of the purge trying to complete their focus. Like, an alternate group of survivors that survivor that slaughter and get a seperate focus that helps enable the main character's focus. I think it will be a great way to get the thread involved since they all get to play together at the end.

For it, I plan to use Fabula Ultima. There is an upcoming Techno-Fantasy book. I have the playtest materials. This was my plan:

I plan to use Technospheres. I will create a Mnemospheres for each Paradigm. They make a character and get three Paradigm Mnemospheres of their choice and 5 additional levels to invest in either their innate classes or their Mnemospheres. We use the Mnemopshere Only alternate version so they still use normal equipment. But it's only one Mnemosphere at a time, but they may swap their equipped Mnemosphere as a free action.

Outside of that, I think it should just work. Just a one shot where they wake up in a frozen lake and end up making the means for the main team to escape and turn to crystal realizing their only goal was to make a means for them to escape. Tragic but then in the final LP episodes their implied to be saved with everyone else who is freed from their focus at the end of the game.
Sounds interesting, I haven't looked over those playtest materials but you're running a one-shot so it doesn't have to be especially tight.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

LatwPIAT posted:

I'm a woman, cheesecake fantasy art is the cosmic background radiation of my life. I'm allowed to roll my eyes from time to time. :colbert:

Yeah I'm of the mind that it's kind of dumb, but more generic and tired as a trope. He's posted way hornier female characters he's commissioned here so it's funny a knockoff Elvira set this off.

Colonel Cool
Dec 24, 2006

Trapstar walks into a saloon and holds up a picture of fantasy art. The piano stops playing. Doors and windows slam closed up and down the street outside. A baby starts crying.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
There's nothing really notable about the commission that stands out. It's sorceress in a skimpy outfit number 890,000, except this one is his. Good for you, Trapstar. Haters go fume

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

trapstar posted:

Celira Darkflame, the Evil Sorceress BBEG I had art commissioned for.
I'm going through fleshing her character out some more.

Any personality quirks you guys think are a must have for her?

I'm going to go right back to the start for this one and say first off I do not care that it appears that the arrogant sorceress had a magical bodysculpt. I suspect a lot would. (The face strikes me as being younger than the body, but I'll put that down to the sculpt). But what I want to do is take a look at that picture and say what it tells me about her beyond the fact that she cares a lot about her appearance (that hair alone requires a lot of work or magic, and the dress is a trip hazard).

The obvious thing is that she is carefully posed like that. The ends of that dress fall in a circle around her; she is not moving and there is no basic way to get something to drape like that on the floor without some sort of physical/magical adjustment. This is a posed shot, not remotely candid. And she's looking straight at the artist, so we have exactly what is intended in-universe. And based on how she's dressed and how far she's gone out of the way to show how long her leg is it's obviously a glamour/cheesecake shot, which tells us something important about the character; either she wants there to be cheesecake shots of her or she's working for someone who does.

Next we look at her pose. The legs are easy. Her weight is mostly on her back foot so she can show off the length of her front leg with the hip-slit and garter to best effect. But it's her right arm that is the one that catches my attention. It's out to the side, the right hand is turned out away from her body, and I think her elbow is further back than the line of her shoulders, in part to keep the magical light from obscuring her body. That's actually a surprisingly uncomfortable pose to hold. And for all the dress and legs are cheesecake the two lights draw the attention away from her body. Should my eyes be on the staff? The light she's making in her right hand? The hip-slit? The plunging neckline? Her violet eyes? Her glowing earrings?

And then we get to what you call her arrogant expression and others see as her blank one. I have a third explanation. Boredom, depending on context, can come off as arrogance (they aren't paying attention to you) or blankness (they just aren't paying attention). But boredom in a glamour shot? That says something about the model in the shot and even more about the person taking the shot (including that their eyes aren't on her face). And it certainly isn't an expression of someone who is an engaged BBEG who is having a glamour shot of them taken because they want to look good.

I therefore think that that isn't Celira Darkflame, BBEG but Miss Celira Darkflame shortly before deciding to become Celira Darkflame, BBEG. And she keeps that picture around as inspiration.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

neonchameleon posted:

I'm going to go right back to the start for this one and say first off I do not care that it appears that the arrogant sorceress had a magical bodysculpt. I suspect a lot would. (The face strikes me as being younger than the body, but I'll put that down to the sculpt). But what I want to do is take a look at that picture and say what it tells me about her beyond the fact that she cares a lot about her appearance (that hair alone requires a lot of work or magic, and the dress is a trip hazard).

The obvious thing is that she is carefully posed like that. The ends of that dress fall in a circle around her; she is not moving and there is no basic way to get something to drape like that on the floor without some sort of physical/magical adjustment. This is a posed shot, not remotely candid. And she's looking straight at the artist, so we have exactly what is intended in-universe. And based on how she's dressed and how far she's gone out of the way to show how long her leg is it's obviously a glamour/cheesecake shot, which tells us something important about the character; either she wants there to be cheesecake shots of her or she's working for someone who does.

Next we look at her pose. The legs are easy. Her weight is mostly on her back foot so she can show off the length of her front leg with the hip-slit and garter to best effect. But it's her right arm that is the one that catches my attention. It's out to the side, the right hand is turned out away from her body, and I think her elbow is further back than the line of her shoulders, in part to keep the magical light from obscuring her body. That's actually a surprisingly uncomfortable pose to hold. And for all the dress and legs are cheesecake the two lights draw the attention away from her body. Should my eyes be on the staff? The light she's making in her right hand? The hip-slit? The plunging neckline? Her violet eyes? Her glowing earrings?

And then we get to what you call her arrogant expression and others see as her blank one. I have a third explanation. Boredom, depending on context, can come off as arrogance (they aren't paying attention to you) or blankness (they just aren't paying attention). But boredom in a glamour shot? That says something about the model in the shot and even more about the person taking the shot (including that their eyes aren't on her face). And it certainly isn't an expression of someone who is an engaged BBEG who is having a glamour shot of them taken because they want to look good.

I therefore think that that isn't Celira Darkflame, BBEG but Miss Celira Darkflame shortly before deciding to become Celira Darkflame, BBEG. And she keeps that picture around as inspiration.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Personally, when I see a fantasy titty I turn into a Tex Avery cartoon wolf and start whooping and howling and whacking myself over the head with a mallet.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I'm really regretting that I didn't have the budget to do my original plan for my Exalted bestiaries, which was to have every single monster illustrated as some kind of hot shirtless guy with bulging pecs, in the same way that a certain style of D&D design requires every monster to be an attractive woman. Only, gay.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Nuns with Guns posted:

Personally, when I see a fantasy titty I turn into a Tex Avery cartoon wolf and start whooping and howling and whacking myself over the head with a mallet.

I usually say things like "Yowza!!!!!!!!!!" and make train whistle noises.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
We gotta balance this thread someone commission some bara art NOW

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

For the record if I was in a game where I met a compassionate Robin Hood bandit leader that enjoys playing the lute for his people and coincidentally also walks around in Tom of Finland gear 24/7 that would instantly become one of my top 10 NPCs

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Ominous Jazz posted:

Well, okay, it's not exactly bara, but here's a piece I commissioned for Oath of Light:

trapstar
Jun 30, 2012

Rand Brittain posted:

Well, okay, it's not exactly bara, but here's a piece I commissioned for Oath of Light:

Nice! I like the art style!!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

My Lovely Horse posted:

For the record if I was in a game where I met a compassionate Robin Hood bandit leader that enjoys playing the lute for his people and coincidentally also walks around in Tom of Finland gear 24/7 that would instantly become one of my top 10 NPCs

this just sounds like Mad Max

trapstar
Jun 30, 2012

Ominous Jazz posted:

I don’t know if this counts, but here’s a couple pieces I had done of a BBEG barbarian warlord character in my setting.

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

the two types of goon itt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Splicer posted:

I was onboard at first because I skimmed over the word "commissioned" and thought we were freestyling about some random cheesecake they'd found. That they'd actually commissioned the c-tier wankbait and don't seem to get why and how it ended up c-tier is what's so funny and infuriating.
I believe this is a secondary reaction because trapstar didn't have much articulation of the character as to why they are a cheesecake sorceress when describing the commission process.

I will summarize the things someone I've commissioned for a couple of characters asks for:

quote:

Basic info: Name, age, personality summary, key physical characteristics ("short black hair," etc.); a summary of background can help but should not be prolix.

Outfit description: Explain in reasonable detail, include reference images if relevant. If you say something like 'wearing armor something like this' you should be prepared to get *exactly* that random illustrated piece of gear.

Additional notes/items: Weapons, pets, effects, backgrounds; this may increase price depending on the artist, so be sure to review their comm notes

Emotion, pose, expression, etc: How do you want it to "feel" in terms of mood and pose? Colors or attitude? Any inspirational material or awesome poses you'd like to homage?

A loose example:

quote:

Grok McNally is an orc superintendent in Co-Op City in Waterdeep. Grok generally resembles a Warcraft orc, but his tusks have been filed flat. He's approaching middle age, bald, dark green skin. He is working-class and is friendly and approachable, despite being incredibly huge and swole.

Outfit: He wears athletic goggle eyeglasses (image link) and usually T-shirts with some kind of slogans; they fit tightly. He has reinforced armored slacks and heavy boots.

Additional notes/items: Grok has a sword resembling this weapon from Warcraft (insert image link) and also has a huge keyring on his belt. He also has a Maglite flashlight in a holster at his hip. Background should be in an urban building -- coming in through a doorway or otherwise greeting a tenant or visitor.

Mood: This should have a kind of urban fantasy/horror tone to it, though Grok himself is friendly. I would like it very much if you have a good face-on or profile view of his head so I can use it for my token in the game. Thanks!

Nessus fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Dec 10, 2023