Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

If Ohtani doesn't go to Toronto he will be mercilessly booed there forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

MaoistBanker posted:

they could change their names to Mookei and Shohie

Tickle fights in the clubhouse

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Kirios posted:

The Dodgers play in Toronto like twice a decade

naginalJJ
Feb 10, 2007

Baby, looks like a dance epidemic to me
I'm seeing things I thought I'd never see
Dance epidemic tonight

Eric the Mauve posted:

The Dodgers play in Toronto like twice a decade

With the new schedule setup it's actually every other year now.

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!

naginalJJ posted:

With the new schedule setup it's actually every other year now.

If $500 mill means I have to endure 3 days of DAR-RYL every other year, I'll take that deal.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Poque and I were on a hike all day and every hour or so, whenever I'd finally be in a spot where I get cell signal, my phone exploded with simultaneous OHTANI IN TORONTO and OHTANI IS NOT ACTUALLY IN TORONTO news updates.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Poque and I were on a hike all day and every hour or so, whenever I'd finally be in a spot where I get cell signal, my phone exploded with simultaneous OHTANI IN TORONTO and OHTANI IS NOT ACTUALLY IN TORONTO news updates.

shroedinger's ballplayer

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
What's exactly midway between Toronto and Los Angeles? That's right, Chicago Illinois

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Kirios posted:

Lol no

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Popete posted:

What's exactly midway between Toronto and Los Angeles? That's right, Chicago Illinois

Ohtani was on the plane, he did a HALO jump into Wrigley for a secret meeting with Kyle Hendricks.

duomo
Oct 9, 2007

Soiled Meat

Kirios posted:

they'll just throw beers at him from the stands

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Inspector_666 posted:

Ohtani was on the plane, he did a HALO jump into Wrigley for a secret meeting with Kyle Hendricks.

Shohei Ohtani wants a team that's on the up and up and his eyes popped at their Elite Infield Defense, Superstars Ready To Debut, and the revenge tour for Matt Mervis. There just aren't any young talented infielders in Toronto, sorry :smuggo:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Ohtani is doing full diva behavior.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
A bunch of reporters jumping the gun because they want a scoop doesn’t make Ohtani a diva

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

duomo posted:

they'll just throw beers at him from the stands

And Canadian beer comes in bags so he's not in any danger

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

mcmagic posted:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
lol at getting mad at Ohtani for the crime of.... sitting at home while twitter speculated about him

what a diva

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Hasn't he literally done nothing except not give constant updates about what's going on?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
nah the whole not doing interviews and silly secrecy involved in this whole process is diva behavior. he's allowed but it's diva behavior.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

mcmagic posted:

nah the whole not doing interviews and silly secrecy involved in this whole process is diva behavior. he's allowed but it's diva behavior.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

mcmagic posted:

in this alternate universe:
Dude is always on tv yapping away, what a loving diva always wanting the limelight. Why can't he just shut the gently caress up and pick a team.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

pseudodragon posted:

in this alternate universe:
Dude is always on tv yapping away, what a loving diva always wanting the limelight. Why can't he just shut the gently caress up and pick a team.

there are extremes on both ends! he could be a Kelcie level clout demon....

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
What should he say if it isn't what team he's going to play for? Like everything else is just pointless until he decides.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

MJeff posted:

I want him to go to the Dodgers because a team with Mookie and Shohei would be cool as gently caress.
it sure would my friend

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

the key is to stay balanced and levelheaded, to walk the middle path like forums poster mcmagic

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
So my roommate works in radio and about once a week he has a shift where he goes up in the helicopter. I was in the middle of reading all the rumours shortly after Morosi said Ohtani was heading to Toronto, and I get a text from my roommate saying “dude tsn and Sportsnet just called us and asked us to go up in the chopper to film the arrival of Ohtani’s jet at Pearson”

At that point I started to believe. Turns out it was the fuckin dragons den guy!

Anyway, tsn and Sportsnet paid a bunch of money for my roommate to go up in the helicopter and acquire entirely useless footage. lol!

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!
https://twitter.com/CJGolson/status/1733323311793291461?s=20

Lets goooooo

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
You forgot to show that it’s totally legit

https://twitter.com/CJGolson/status/1733329153477271856?s=20

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
how is this news when it was a forgone conclusion?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I am 100% convinced because I was already 100% convinced

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
You know what, sure, why not.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Popete posted:

I am 100% convinced because I was already 100% convinced

I’m a disgruntled Sox fan…

If Shohei signs with the Cubs, gently caress it. Northside!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
signing with the cubs now that's what I call diva behavior

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

They don't have 575M available. It's all in the Trump 2024 superpac.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

This better be true

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I demand 30 days of Ohtani - one for each team.

Tomorrow will be *spins wheel* …the Cincinnati Reds?!

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Ohtani Advent Calendar

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Kirios posted:

I demand 30 days of Ohtani - one for each team.

Tomorrow will be *spins wheel* …the Cincinnati Reds?!

Honestly if I were already the best player on the planet and had made hundreds of millions I'd absolutely just do a year going full mercenary: single-series contracts only, how much will you pay me to come in and ringer for you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Sydin posted:

Honestly if I were already the best player on the planet and had made hundreds of millions I'd absolutely just do a year going full mercenary: single-series contracts only, how much will you pay me to come in and ringer for you?

Worked great for Bauer.