Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I was explicitly warned not to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
At the risk of opening up the polycarbonate/UV discussion again....

I bought some sunglasses from Temu and they actually came with stickers added to the boxes with warnings "caution: decorative glasses, not general purpose sunglasses"

They really don't seem any different to anything I've bought of aliexpress so is this just something they do as a CYA thing because they don't have all the paperwork to make it through customs as real sunglasses or something?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

r u ready to WALK posted:

I was explicitly warned not to

There’s a bunch of these on Amazon and I’ve been tempted but it needs to have the face

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

norp posted:

At the risk of opening up the polycarbonate/UV discussion again....

I bought some sunglasses from Temu and they actually came with stickers added to the boxes with warnings "caution: decorative glasses, not general purpose sunglasses"

They really don't seem any different to anything I've bought of aliexpress so is this just something they do as a CYA thing because they don't have all the paperwork to make it through customs as real sunglasses or something?

There are, in the US, federal safety laws for sunglasses. Things like how when they break, they can't break in a way that gouges your eye out. Those likely don't conform to the regulations, but decorations don't have to be safe like that so a label makes it all good.

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous
Guess what's actually on sale on this ad

For around 200k you get the whole factory

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005859647480.html

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Just what I needed!

Who wants a job?

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
The company is a lawful operation

e:

VictualSquid fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Dec 7, 2023

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

VictualSquid posted:

The company is a lawful operation

ah phew,

raccoon.bmp
Feb 16, 2023

🦝

bagual posted:

Only a 1-year warranty on an entire production facility? What a rip!

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

bagual posted:

I knew what it was because I've done work with nitrile. Wasn't expecting the scope of what was for sale, but I knew the machine.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

bagual posted:

I smell the next big goon project.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?

DicktheCat posted:

Who wants a fake hand job?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Who wants a job faking hands?

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Random Stranger posted:

There are, in the US, federal safety laws for sunglasses. Things like how when they break, they can't break in a way that gouges your eye out. Those likely don't conform to the regulations, but decorations don't have to be safe like that so a label makes it all good.

That's what I thought

They have all the polarisation and anti reflective coatings on them and the various tags for UV protection so I figured it was just that it was just a customs thing.

I haven't quite worked out how Temu works, things all seem to come in one packet every time so I assume temu does all fulfillment unlike AliExpress who leave that up to the sellers choice. Both sunglasses I bought came in identical boxes with the Temu barcodes on them and the disclaimer, but we're from different sellers on the platform.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Do they sell a dicksucking factory?

Asking for a friend

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
here u go op https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805935540892.html

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

not as expensive as I assumed it would be honestly.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

tater_salad posted:

not as expensive as I assumed it would be honestly.

On Ali Express that's usually a sign you need to double-check the delivery costs!

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

bagual posted:

"We ship the goods by sea!!"

So BYO factory building and staff. Add costs of freight for an entire shipload of factory equipment plus engineering staff to set up all the machinery, plus factory worker hire cost until you start making a profit.

If it's not an outright scam, I'm guessing the original factory went out of business due to the competition. Good luck making a profit outside China after the much higher labor costs, and would their government even allow a foreigner to own a factory in China?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I just learned how Stalin 'helped' revolutionary China by invading, having factories dismantled and put on trains to the USSR.
Nowadays they'd do all the work for you!

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
Anyone pay with Google pay? It wants to process my order in euros even tho I'm in America. Settings say usa/usd so Idk what it's doing.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

I've heard of factory seconds before, but this is ridiculous!

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

BigBadSteve posted:

"We ship the goods by sea!!"

So BYO factory building and staff. Add costs of freight for an entire shipload of factory equipment plus engineering staff to set up all the machinery, plus factory worker hire cost until you start making a profit.

If it's not an outright scam, I'm guessing the original factory went out of business due to the competition. Good luck making a profit outside China after the much higher labor costs, and would their government even allow a foreigner to own a factory in China?

well there goes my dreams of being chinese nitrile gloves walter white :(

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?

El Fideo posted:

I've heard of factory seconds before, but this is ridiculous!

More like factory sloppy seconds.

Tortilla blankets inbound for anyone and everyone. Every time I think about it I add a couple more. Seems solid for $10-15 :shrug:

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

I don't know if this shirt is confused about what wakeboarding is called, or if it's a deliberate gitmo joke:

karoshi
Nov 4, 2008

"Can somebody mspaint eyes on the steaming packages? TIA" yeah well fuck you too buddy, this is the best you're gonna get. Is this even "work-safe"? Let's find out!
PSA: Your black Friday stuff might be late and you might be entitled to compensation. I got 2 euros!

mystes
May 31, 2006

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

I don't know if this shirt is confused about what wakeboarding is called, or if it's a deliberate gitmo joke:

well it is described as a "funny" shirt

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

mystes posted:

well it is described as a "funny" shirt

So is every other shirt on Ali though.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006077813096.html

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Mr. Chaplin will be so angry they ruined his recipe.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

I'm not sure what the hell's going on with these shoes:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006116345136.html

mystes
May 31, 2006

BigBadSteve posted:

I'm not sure what the hell's going on with these shoes:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006116345136.html
What, you've never seen a camel before?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

mystes posted:

What, you've never seen a camel before?

Pfffft! Literal camel-toe

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

Back in 2019, I bought a light box like this (not this exact listing, but basically a similar item):

Well, today, the light strip came loose. Luckily, I had some double-sided tape handy, so I could issue a quick fix.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Everything I've ordered from Temu that uses double sided tape, the tape is always garbage. Always. Its like you need to order the tape off amazon for your crappy Chinese poo poo

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

codo27 posted:

Everything I've ordered from Temu that uses double sided tape, the tape is always garbage. Always. Its like you need to order the tape off amazon for your crappy Chinese poo poo

Speaking of Temu, I made my first order there on Dec 1st, and it was ready for pick-up on the 7th. Meanwhile, I am waiting for stuff from Ali that I ordered more than a month ago. If Temu's this much faster, I may just be doing more of my shopping there.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Yea Temu seems to be better though Ali hasn’t been too bad for shipping times recently.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Invalid Validation posted:

Yea Temu seems to be better though Ali hasn’t been too bad for shipping times recently.

In the UK with AE I get stuff at least within 5 days if not less, I think they are upping their game here due to the competition

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Ali has way more stuff, Temu is much, much, much faster however.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

codo27 posted:

Ali has way more stuff, Temu is much, much, much faster however.
Aliexpress shipping methods depend on what you're buying. The speed completely depends on the shipping method.