Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

lmao what a trip the aughts were

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

My wife begs me to turn this off every week.

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

It's intensely painful to watch but the aftertaste is delicious

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

In that radio interview Nathan kept talking about his favorite reality show "gay army" and other shows that inspired Love in the 3rd degree and I can't stop laughing at the trailer. The show seems to be mostly lost though, it's from 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAo9afZvyvw
ok, maybe the burn victim bachelor isn’t so implausible.
it was already only a slight exaggeration of Mr. Personality:
https://youtu.be/XkabRqtDjMw?si=_RikHCWA-EXm1rmS
(I guess you can’t spoiler-tag a YouTube embed)

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

The last scene might be the most dread I’ve felt at a minor situation in a tv show.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
What's your silent comedy move in this situation?

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

i’ve been compiling a sticker set recently

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

You need ones of cool V-neck Nathan and hot topic Nathan

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

you’re right.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
"Jump cringe" is fantastic, dang.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
You can’t forget Nathan as Thrifty Boy

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

panko posted:

i’ve been compiling a sticker set recently

I need these

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Yeah I looked up Nathan fielder in my sticker search and got 3 results, no Nathans.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

veni veni veni posted:

In that radio interview Nathan kept talking about his favorite reality show "gay army" and other shows that inspired Love in the 3rd degree and I can't stop laughing at the trailer. The show seems to be mostly lost though, it's from 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAo9afZvyvw

Lmao

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
Every single bone, muscle and nerve in my body was tensing up and screaming at me to get out of the situation at the end of this episode. That's the poo poo I'm here for.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.

magiccarpet posted:

My wife begs me to turn this off every week.

You would know if she was upset

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Anyone think Fernando's shotgun is gonna be a literal chekovs gun

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

gently caress that comedy group. My wife laughed at him and I have a subscription to The Atlantic so we're high brow intellectuals.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

The list of comedy tips on Ash's phone was amazing

"Be self-deprecating (like James Corden)" as #1

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Cara is my favourite character, I love how aggressive she gets to be and they just don't want to absorb it.

The singing moment was a moment of levity until it brought me back to highschool working at pizza hut. General manager brought in her daughter who was trying out for American idol to sing for us. Standing in the kitchen by the line and oven, boss watching, not wanting to hurt kids feelings, trapped. Don't even remember the song or how good or bad it was, but I do remember being relieved to hear a long stream of tickets printing out near the end giving us a good excuse to at least turn away for a moment. Probably only time in my life was happy to hear kitchen printer buzzing.

Stairmaster posted:

Anyone think Fernando's shotgun is gonna be a literal chekovs gun

One of the two are going to get shot.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I literally cannot comprehend how even a second of the singing scene would be a moment of levity

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

How in the gently caress did they get Dean Cain to basically play himself?!

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
I want to be Besties with Whitney because we'd have just the best time, ya know... Ok... Well, talk to you later *wink and finger gun*

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I'm absolutely convinced that this show ends with each of those houses exploding and levelling the entire neighborhood. Asher and Whitney were the curse all along.

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

Loving the obvious confusion and outrage on Whit’s face when she meets the blue lives matter guy. Just cannot compute someone whose entire honest personality is on display in all its messiness, wanting so bad to hate him

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
when that lady looked right in the camera wow

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
That was incredible framing.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Khanstant posted:

That was incredible framing.

No babe, the protester is at the center… the militias are off to the side!

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i really loved the shot from within the neighboring house that had a woman on the couch pointedly ignoring asher and whitney arguing just outside her window

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
There's also that amazing shot where that camera slowly pushes in on the super stoic cameraman at the centre of the frame, while Whitney and Asher awkwardly cringe and panic around the margins.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Martman posted:

I literally cannot comprehend how even a second of the singing scene would be a moment of levity

I laughed because I could see that being a reaction that some people might have to being on tv for the first time ever. His girlfriend nudged him and he took his shot. It was funny. As a couple, they were great for reality tv. The improv of rubbing her belly since it was clear they wanted a family dynamic was a good call imo.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Oh it was fantastic. I just also died of cringe for its entire duration

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
She's just giving out her credit card info wtf

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

That dude had dulcet tones

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Mordja posted:

She's just giving out her credit card info wtf

A nice contrast to Asher in the first episode, who was a tad reluncant with regards to his bank card and changed his pin afterwards. Honestly, he did nothing wrong there. "Here, let me get the money from your account, I'm the only one who can do it right," seems fishy.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
The whole burger conversation where she has to act like she was making a self deprecating joke because she wasn't thinking about how she doesn't want people like herself living there.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I expected Nathan to be the awkward one, but Emma Stone is pulling off a career defining performance where she makes me want to die. Really showing all of her chops here in a way I've never seen from here.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
When I was watching this episode I thought, "hmm, I bet this one is directed by Nathan" and I was right!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Mordja posted:

When I was watching this episode I thought, "hmm, I bet this one is directed by Nathan" and I was right!

The tell for me was his bare rear end towards the end of the episode.