Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

crusty posted:

The more I look at Spiderman's arms the more I can't work out what the hell is going on

real paradise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crusty
Apr 16, 2015

Crustacean
Lol!

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

😭

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I really need to change my AC filter. So dusty in here.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

crusty posted:

The more I look at Spiderman's arms the more I can't work out what the hell is going on

They're called "biceps"

We found another screaming cat!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Incredibly fake looking writing, very impressed if real

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/shellzenner/status/1733203193679532301?s=20

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat

crusty posted:

there are clearly Keaton era Batmobiles on his arms what's ur problem?

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Very blessed :3:

My friend's dad died very suddenly, and at a relatively young age, so you'd have expected all the events around his funeral would have been extremely somber.
However, he was a musician all his life, was the star of a Showband back in the day and most of his friends were musicians too, so his wake turned into basically a live music party, with the man himself in an open casket in the middle of the room.
It was like he got to go to one last party before heading onward.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Was waiting to see if they'd sing the slur-- they do

To be fair I guess there's not much that rhymes with "maggot."

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

mind the walrus posted:

She didn't, she said "wagon", which is a pretty old-school Irish insult.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
getting kicked out of an irish punk band because you're boozing too hard takes some doing but our Shane managed it

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
I just got a sweet 3 Godzilla Jr moon shirt!

dog nougat fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Dec 10, 2023

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

mind the walrus posted:

Unblessed, the band rerecorded with the updated words way back in the 90s because they regretted it and hated the lovely bigots who delighted in yelling it.

crusty
Apr 16, 2015

Crustacean

Milo and POTUS posted:

They're called "biceps"

Lol! But yeah I'm more concerned with the lack of elbow

e: if you don't look directly at him, it looks fine. But as soon as I try to follow his left arm and realize there's no charge in the pattern to indicate an elbow bend all I can see now is a stump.

crusty fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Dec 10, 2023

crusty
Apr 16, 2015

Crustacean

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

there are clearly Keaton era Batmobiles on his arms what's ur problem?

But that's not canon in the Spiderman universe!

I have no idea if that's true

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

crusty posted:

Lol! But yeah I'm more concerned with the lack of elbow

e: if you don't look directly at him, it looks fine. But as soon as I try to follow his left arm and realize there's no charge in the pattern to indicate an elbow bend all I can see now is a stump.

Well yeah, the "stump" is just one of the ends of Spiderman's 8 legs/appendages.

Really though, it's just not drawn with perspective correct line work. The arms are folded or crossed and the right forearm crosses over the left forearm

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Put your drat cards down!
[sound]
https://i.imgur.com/x7qePgv.mp4

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017
That guy has all the swagger I wish I had

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

https://twitter.com/ShouldHaveCat/status/1733836468819284087

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

2spooky4me

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass
https://i.imgur.com/tFOJfQW.mp4

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Some animals definitely know how cute they can look.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Exhibit B

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

What type of fur is that I've never seen it on a cat

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Poodle cat. Never seen one. Selkirk?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

https://twitter.com/cursed_kittens/status/1734759459950571994

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Milo and POTUS posted:

What type of fur is that I've never seen it on a cat

He's a Devon Rex, they have a mutation where they don't grow the smooth guard hair, so they only have a coat of the soft downy insulating hair. He is fluffier than most and feels like a freshly washed soft fleece blanket.

His sister there doesn't have the mutation but if she'd had kittens many of them would have.

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender
Devon Rexes are also hypoallergenic so good for people with cat allergies. But, they're also super active like bengals and need a lot of space and play time.

And they can also look a bit... evil. (This is a friend's Devon Rex)

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

minato posted:

Devon Rexes are also hypoallergenic so good for people with cat allergies. But, they're also super active like bengals and need a lot of space and play time.

That cat definitely has a secret volcano lair somewhere.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

minato posted:

They are very vertically inclined cats. Tall shelves and vantage points are appreciated, as are fluttery aerial-type toys like Da Bird type deals. They are also very curious and social, and they take to training quite well. Both ours will give their paw for treats and also play fetch.

quote:

So pretty

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
That mutation is related to one of the full-hairless mutations which will cause a sphinxlike greaseball to appear and threaten you with riddles

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

ReelBigLizard posted:

He's a Devon Rex, they have a mutation where they don't grow the smooth guard hair, so they only have a coat of the soft downy insulating hair. He is fluffier than most and feels like a freshly washed soft fleece blanket.

His sister there doesn't have the mutation but if she'd had kittens many of them would have.

Since you're the cat hair expert, why was my cat so soft? Incredibly so for a shorthair and even the vet was taken aback but as far as we know he was just a domestic shorthair. I entertained the idea that maybe it was all one type of fur like you said, and I told the vet that it was judicious application of bacon grease that made it so soft.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

https://x.com/dog_rates/status/1735074126245617963?s=20

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

SniperWoreConverse posted:

That mutation is related to one of the full-hairless mutations which will cause a sphinxlike greaseball to appear and threaten you with riddles

How do we get a really big one that yells at you every time you lie?

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCtkva3V_ME

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I've been to Oban. Lovely town. 🤗Great seafood.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
King poo poo makes it rain from gently caress Mountain.

https://i.imgur.com/SHL4kb0.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kei Technical
Sep 20, 2011

spankmeister posted:

I've been to Oban. Lovely town. 🤗Great seafood.

Amazing fried fish, weirdly good ice cream, as well.