Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

i started following coffin around 2018 and he had some decent lefty youtube videos. then he completely lost his mind sometime after covid

Enemabag Jones posted:

I remember Coffin purely for his fake internet girlfriend and inexplicable smokeshow ex-wife.

I AM GRANDO posted:

Cannot be overstated how out of Peter’s league their extremely hot wife was. Peter blew up that marriage so they could hook up with fans sending nudes through twitter dms. They had kids together!

...which is directly related to this, i'd imagine. the wife in question was the kind where you'd be asking someone like coffin on a daily basis how he managed to catch without ever getting an answer that seems satisfactory. but his story is even more tragicomedic because he convinced her to try an open relationship, but like in many cases of this sort of thing happening, she was getting all the action, and he wasn't getting poo poo. so he tried to make up with her but by that point it was too late.

also probably doesn't help that his wife, before she shut down her social media, skyrocketed to popularity that he never mustered even at his height

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Lady Radia posted:

and was a groomer

Lady Radia posted:

and folks talking about how their victim is a smokeshow are.. i dunno. that's pretty gross.

Wait, did Coffin met their ex-wife when she was underaged?

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Equeen posted:

Wait, did Coffin met their ex-wife when she was underaged?

yeah this is news to me

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

some stuff i watched

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFmct1uKfIo

Play Alan Wake 2 now or just watch a video playthrough, truly one of the best games this year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Dp4srUh5yg

Thor explores some of the strangest MGS side games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0PnG54dMys

Never heard of this guy, it makes sense he has a netflix special, but his routine is "i'm so hot... people think i can't be funny [is not funny]"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTw936FtnBc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqNHIK07P3g

About Basilisk & Basilisk 2000, the games done by the guy who did Lost in Vivo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wA8fERfizuc

yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDazigHYO6I

jelly?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Mr Interweb posted:

but his story is even more tragicomedic because he convinced her to try an open relationship, but like in many cases of this sort of thing happening, she was getting all the action, and he wasn't getting poo poo. so he tried to make up with her but by that point it was too late.

Truly a tale as old as time, or as old as mediocre horny idiots who get too bold once they realize that being a microcelebrity gets them access to attention from women who would otherwise never notice them.

And while I don’t doubt that Peter Coffin was a terrible husband, Ash Coffin (who kept that name after the divorce—it’s an internet alias) was an adult about the same age as Peter iirc.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
God Youtube really is a mess, I just tried to turn on notifications for Thoughtslime's Scaredy Cats channel and got a pop up saying that notifications are disabled for "content made for kids".

In the last year the channel has covered Midnight Meat Train, the Hellraiser reboot, Uzumaki and the Re-animator films, how the gently caress have they flagged this poo poo for kids?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I've seen short videos where the creator edits in swear words at the end to make sure it's not automatically labelled "for kids".

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I AM GRANDO posted:

Truly a tale as old as time, or as old as mediocre horny idiots who get too bold once they realize that being a microcelebrity gets them access to attention from women who would otherwise never notice them.

Favorite example of this is still Anthony Burch, although to be fair I suppose in his case it was coming out as bisexual so he wanted attention from men too.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afZYo0r3YHg

Jonathan finally looks at the guns from The Order: 1886

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Dawgstar posted:

Favorite example of this is still Anthony Burch, although to be fair I suppose in his case it was coming out as bisexual so he wanted attention from men too.

wait, Dungeons and Daddies Anthony Burch? What happened with him?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Burch came out as bi after getting married and convinced his spouse, Leigh, to open up their marriage. Leigh went on to hook up long-term with an ex-goon LPer and I think Burch is now single.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

skill issue

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I can't wrap my head around polygamy or open relationships. Feels like it's just a recipe for disaster 90% of the time. Good on the people who seem to make those sorts of relationships work.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Jimbot posted:

I can't wrap my head around polygamy or open relationships. Feels like it's just a recipe for disaster 90% of the time. Good on the people who seem to make those sorts of relationships work.

https://youtu.be/DTsdKycVZZ4?si=lmOBcNcjS8SSgfOF

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Jimbot posted:

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Jimbot posted:

I know a few people who've made it work and have been very happy in them but in each case 1) these were not existing relationship that opened up, everyone involved was on the same page from the get go 2) everyone involved was also some flavor of bi or pan.

Not that anecdotes are data, of course, but I think it take a certain type of person with a certain mindset to make work. Which is to say that if you treat it as a relationship cheat code to get more sex you're just kidding yourself.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
https://youtu.be/X4fVG6yaMHY?si=WBzemGm_Sts5rI3X

superfastmatt rides to Vegas the hard way on a less-than-optimal bike

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Jimbot posted:

There's people who can have good poly and open relationships. The key is being honest, communicative, and aware of your feelings and the feelings of your partner(s) like any healthy relationship. Also being aware that some people just don't want that.

So someone going "I really want to have sex with more people, can we please open up?" is definitely not doing that.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

its kind of funny that anthony burch got his sister into a borderlands game and she's been massively eclipsing him in likeability and skill ever since even though her character was written as one of the most obnoxious in a sea of obnoxious characters

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Knowing literally nothing about the Burches or any of the borderlands voice actors, I immediately did a Google search for Tiny Tina's VA.

And yup

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Didn't it also come out Burch was using his extremely minor celebrity status within the industry to pull casting couch bullshit?

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Jimbot posted:

I feel like there is almost always one person who is way more into the idea than the other.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Sydin posted:

Didn't it also come out Burch was using his extremely minor celebrity status within the industry to pull casting couch bullshit?
He was one of the many sexual harassment cases brought up about Riot Games.

euroshopper
Aug 14, 2021

Jimbot posted:

move to seattle and join a pansexual furry polycule you'll be less miserable i think

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

euroshopper
Aug 14, 2021

SimonChris posted:

Just a reminder that Coffin is non-binary and uses they/them pronouns.

coffin's a truly stunning and brave example of an amab anti-woke enby

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Another glitter bomb video from Mark Rober https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWWWyG5ZwG8

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

euroshopper posted:

move to seattle and join a pansexual furry polycule you'll be less miserable i think

:goofy:

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
Misgendering folks for not passing ideological purity tests only reaffirms that the speaker’s support of trans identities is conditional. Trans people can be bad too without it meaning we aren’t ‘really’ trans. Gendering someone properly is not in any way a signal of support of that person generally.

euroshopper
Aug 14, 2021

Grassy Knowles posted:

Misgendering folks for not passing ideological purity tests only reaffirms that the speaker’s support of trans identities is conditional. Trans people can be bad too without it meaning we aren’t ‘really’ trans. Gendering someone properly is not in any way a signal of support of that person generally.

i didn't use masculine pronouns for coffin i just think their usage of them is kinda cynical. especially since there isn't any real evidence that coffin is uncomfortable with people referring to them with masculine pronouns

euroshopper fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Dec 9, 2023

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Jaiden found out she's going to be a grandma. What happens next will shock you!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MknFxpkuiFc

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

euroshopper posted:

i didn't use masculine pronouns for collins i just think their usage of them is kinda cynical. especially since there isn't any real evidence that collins is uncomfortable with people referring to them with masculine pronouns

like 4 pages ago you tried to portray me as transphobic in a deliberately, ridiculously bad faith reading only to spew this poo poo unironically lol. you are insincere about your beliefs and morals

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

fun hater posted:

like 4 pages ago you tried to portray me as transphobic in a deliberately, ridiculously bad faith reading only to spew this poo poo unironically lol. you are insincere about your beliefs and morals

insincerity? here?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

localized entirely within the online creators thread?

fun hater
May 24, 2009

may i see it?

hmmm. no.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

euroshopper posted:

i didn't use masculine pronouns for collins i just think their usage of them is kinda cynical. especially since there isn't any real evidence that collins is uncomfortable with people referring to them with masculine pronouns

It wasn’t directly a reply to you cause I was more trying to address a trend of lovely discussion before it gets lovely again.

I just think it benefits onlookers to clarify that no one is claiming them to be brave by correctly gendering them. I read your intent as shorthand acknowledging that they still benefit from the privileges offered to cisgender men and don’t seem in any rush to shed them, but I don’t think everyone in discussion is on that same page so using AGAB-terms as shorthand for that gave me some pause.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

euroshopper posted:

i didn't use masculine pronouns for coffin i just think their usage of them is kinda cynical. especially since there isn't any real evidence that coffin is uncomfortable with people referring to them with masculine pronouns

Whew glad we've got euroshopper - the final arbiter of who has and has not chosen their preferred pronouns for valid reasons - to set the story right itt.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

Happy Landfill posted:

Jaiden found out she's going to be a grandma. What happens next will shock you!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MknFxpkuiFc

this was p funny imo. birds are nightmare pets who love trying to die for no reason

euroshopper
Aug 14, 2021

fun hater posted:

i obviously don't like coffin (not collins) lol but if it seems like i was trying to be one of those "just asking questions haha" assholes than i apologize. ive dealt with some bigotry irl for being gender non-conforming and i don't want to appear like i'm perpetuating that. it's more of like coffin being type of person who would easily question the identity of others to score some post-left r/stupidpol points and then appears to use their own identity as a deflection

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

euroshopper posted:

i obviously don't like coffin (not collins) lol but if it seems like i was trying to be one of those "just asking questions haha" assholes than i apologize. ive dealt with some bigotry irl for being gender non-conforming and i don't want to appear like i'm perpetuating that. it's more of like coffin being type of person who would easily question the identity of others to score some post-left r/stupidpol points and then appears to use their own identity as a deflection

Probably best not to speculate about how 'genuine' anyone's gender identity is.

My best friend in the world has an abusive ex who transitioned after they broke up and the fact that the ex is a horrible loving woman who hurt my friend badly doesn't mean I get to misgender her. You know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

fun hater posted:

this was p funny imo. birds are nightmare pets who love trying to die for no reason

I remember having parakeets growing up and if you ever were in the same room they would always try to be louder than the conversation you were having. Birds are cool :parrot:

Happy Landfill fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Dec 9, 2023