Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Grassy Knowles posted:

the false idol of constructive criticism

Paper Tiger posted:

D&D went downhill when they changed the rules for melee combat. I don't know whether the same is true about Dungeons & Dragons

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Like any disease, in its advanced form, D&D is even deadlier.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
No idea what D&D even stands for at this point

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
Advanced D&D is also known as CSPAM

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Milo and POTUS posted:

No idea what D&D even stands for at this point

Dads & Dabs. We tell the wives that it's bowling night but instead we go to Bill's shed and get all smoked up.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

I wish I had the time and energy to go back and read this guys argument. I’m not a DND expert but I have played 4E/5E a bit and BG3 a bit.

DND 5E fighters are strong now. Yes they did remove the 4E fighter spellbook where you had to pick between 35 different sword attacks that made you and your enemy move like knights or pawns or bishops. You had to have a loving 50x50 grid and three hours to just hit a dragon with a sword. That’s supposed to be the dumb guy class. God forbid one of your rear end in a top hat friends picked the psychic class that had 500 status effects to track and all sorts of weird movement edge cases.

My stoner friends would always pick the most complicated classes and could never figure out what the gently caress was going on in 4E. “Ok I shift him 2, that gives me a +1 to attack, but a -1 to damage. So then if I roll I can make a bonus shift with a +3 to attack but the damage die is replaced by a d4. Ok now for my minor action the enemy gets a -2 then shifts 2 then on my next turn I get a +1, which increases to +2 if he’s bloodied.”

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Desert Bus posted:

Advanced D&D is also known as CSPAM

CSPAM is much too new for it to be considered Advanced D&D, and I will not stand for these laissez-faire rebrandings!!

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Bring back LF

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

bawk posted:

CSPAM is much too new for it to be considered Advanced D&D, and I will not stand for these laissez-faire rebrandings!!

CSPAM is Unearthed Arcana, really

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

That's V:tM

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
Then FYAD must be FATAL

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

RocketMermaid posted:

Goddamn, I didn't know McDonald's served cake.

Splicer posted:

Dadada dat asss

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Lol.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Grimass

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

space uncle posted:

I wish I had the time and energy to go back and read this guys argument. I’m not a DND expert but I have played 4E/5E a bit and BG3 a bit.

DND 5E fighters are strong now. Yes they did remove the 4E fighter spellbook where you had to pick between 35 different sword attacks that made you and your enemy move like knights or pawns or bishops. You had to have a loving 50x50 grid and three hours to just hit a dragon with a sword. That’s supposed to be the dumb guy class. God forbid one of your rear end in a top hat friends picked the psychic class that had 500 status effects to track and all sorts of weird movement edge cases.

My stoner friends would always pick the most complicated classes and could never figure out what the gently caress was going on in 4E. “Ok I shift him 2, that gives me a +1 to attack, but a -1 to damage. So then if I roll I can make a bonus shift with a +3 to attack but the damage die is replaced by a d4. Ok now for my minor action the enemy gets a -2 then shifts 2 then on my next turn I get a +1, which increases to +2 if he’s bloodied.”

I'm sorry you're too stupid to understand how to play a game.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

The other two arms were reabsorbed and converted into rear end cheeks.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

The Saddest Rhino posted:

You deny God's penis?

Matlack Radio
Jun 2, 2006

codo27 posted:

I'm disappointed no ones noticed the page numbers and have been posting as if it were the year corresponding with that page number

codo27 posted:

I guess it has to do with how many posts per page you have set. Its 2003 for me. Are you really set to only 5 posts per page?

Tiggum posted:

Yep! I originally set it that way to read media-heavy threads on a slow connection, but found that I prefer it and have left it that way ever since.

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

the pros display 0 posts per page

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

space uncle posted:

DND 5E fighters are strong now.
A very funny post!

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

space uncle posted:

It's one thing to fall into a trap, it's quite another to dive in headfirst.

It explains a lot.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I've been aware of the idea of displaying a different number of posts or page ever since I joined but I never thought anyone was actually psychotic enough to do it.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I find it simple enough to just read a different number of posts per page.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

space uncle posted:

Your friends play fighters extremely strangely.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Baron von Eevl posted:

I've been aware of the idea of displaying a different number of posts or page ever since I joined but I never thought anyone was actually psychotic enough to do it.
I scroll faster than some people. Thus I use the maximum number of posts per page, which I think? is 40. [goes to check] Yup, it's 40.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Page 48505 snipe :chaostrump:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
That's too many posts.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I scroll faster than some people. Thus I use the maximum number of posts per page, which I think? is 40. [goes to check] Yup, it's 40.

40 is also the default.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Biplane posted:

If selling blood was legal I would be a-squeezin' myself

tokin opposition posted:

maybe if you stopped squeezing yourself you wouldn't need to sell blood

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Rumors have now been confirmed that Big Snail has been working on a hybrid super-weapon to use against us.

Bad Munki posted:

Well…at least it can’t fly

NoWake posted:

Well, at least it won't tell me tomorrow's lotto numbers

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

:goofy: Posting a non-sleeper in the sleeper thread despite tons of discussion & clarification AND a mod warning AND you've had two prior probations for the same thing AND you cannot pay attention to the rules AND your username is dumb as hell so please just leave. :goofy:

The Win posted:

My old Grandpa car before I sold it.

About the only thing that lead on to anything (oil cooler ghetto mount)

And what was under the hood.

Dirty, but it did work.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I don't know, looks like a sleeper to me (I haven't seen a car in my entire life).

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
i'd take a nap in it sure

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Always smart in colder temps to make sure there aren't any people under the hood before starting your car.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Posting a non-sleeper in the sleeper thread? Should have been a perma instead.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Phlegmish posted:

Posting a non-sleeper in the sleeper thread? Should have been a perma instead.

100,000 hour probation instead IMO.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

EorayMel posted:

They could've come back from that to continue their non-sleeper reign of terror years ago at this point :corsair:

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

EorayMel posted:

the Sleeper Probation

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

HashtagGirlboss posted:

My mom listened to a lot of Eric Clapton when I was a kid and I misunderstood Layla as gay love, I was too young to even have any understanding of what gay was, but I can promise you I got a lot of concerned looks when I busted out singing it in the grocery store

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

maybeadracula posted:

My true love sent to me

10,068 Users Browsing
Fiveeeee goatse riiiiiings
Four giant turds
Three french fries
Two giant balls
And a cartridge of Sonic3