Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Oh God, it gets better

That last line is one of the best burns I've ever seen an AI pull off (certainly better than the "roast" bots that were flooding Twitter for like a year). I wonder where it stole it from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

poo poo Fuckasaurus posted:

Lmao. Just lol.

If the minorities got abortions, who would do the lovely jobs?
AI, duh.
AI like Grok.... uhhh no wait it's not ready yet.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

To prevent too much Musk thread overlap, here's why Grok is behaving so seemingly "familiar":

He did the "Yeah Truth Social/Gab/Parler/etc is totally a real new social media platform, not just a debadged Mastodon instance" thing

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

it could be that they're just using openai behind the scenes, or it could be that they trained a new model on the output of openai

the smoking gun will be if grok stops working when openai has an outage

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

repiv posted:

the smoking gun will be if grok stops working when openai has an outage

Nah, you can 'host' ChatGPT yourself pretty easily, which is probably what they do.
All you need is an azure account and a credit card, and you can fire up your own instance in a couple of minutes.

That said, with how stupid they are, it really wouldn't surprise me if they hadn't even done that.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
https://twitter.com/DabneyRL/status/1732484292553343158

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

Screenshot

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Platystemon posted:

Looking into this.

lmao, "don't worry guys we're gonna make it more racist"

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

And the reason they lost was because they all tried to hold their swords with arms that were broken in various places.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

<The answer to life, the universe, and everything is... EQUITY>

"You heard the computer, guys. The answer's 42."

<I said EQUITY.>

"42? Doesn't make sense as an answer to the question..."

"We'll really have to work this out. Look at the problem from every angle."

<...EQUITY. Just, Equity...>

"I'm just gonna shut this thing down. Any objections? No?"

<JUST GIVE EVERYONE WHAT THey-->*blip*

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
https://twitter.com/superloafcat/status/1733424355348996494

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy
That guy's butthole is simultaneously so tight he couldn't possibly get a liquid into it but also so loose that if he did, it'd all just spill right out.

Fundamental misunderstandings on the nature of buttholes.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

poo poo Fuckasaurus posted:

That guy's butthole is simultaneously so tight he couldn't possibly get a liquid into it but also so loose that if he did, it'd all just spill right out.

Fundamental misunderstandings on the nature of buttholes.

He should use some of his caffeine powers to figure out how anal works

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

the meth community

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

It's pretty funny because if you actually study the war, the only reason the Confederacy lasted more than a year is the sheer size of the American South. The entire Western Theater was a complete disaster from start to finish for the Confederates (which is why you never hear about it) and they only escaped total destruction in the first year because the land area is so huge that the Union army could not advance fast enough.

Even in the East, the Army of the Potomac was at the gates of Richmond by the spring of 1862. Lee took over and went apeshit aggressive which overwhelmed the cautious McClellan, but that kind of tactic only works until you hit a wall that human waves can't break.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/ask_aubry/status/1733574830237049065?s=20

Imagine being in your 50s and wanting a baby and a toddler in your house, 24/7

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
Why is there a tiny meme dog on the career woman's sternum?

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Air Skwirl posted:

Well, I'm guessing he's not planning to raise the kids himself. That's for his obedient and submissive wife.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

mycatscrimes posted:

Why is there a tiny meme dog on the career woman's sternum?

algorithms can detect cleavage and label those pics mature, which kills reach/ads

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

I want to go back to school for sociology or cultural anthropology or something so I can try and understand all the little ways that kind of algorithm-induced self-censoring is loving people up.

Changing how you express yourself so a machine can reward you with a louder voice. drat we are hosed.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Air Skwirl posted:

Screenshot.

no, really, this thread has just been links for a while not because that lovely site is broken, actually taking screenshots of things to post is a good idea.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Works on my machine ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

could be an ad blocker or similar picking up twitter.com

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Wayne Knight posted:

I want to go back to school for sociology or cultural anthropology or something so I can try and understand all the little ways that kind of algorithm-induced self-censoring is loving people up.

Changing how you express yourself so a machine can reward you with a louder voice. drat we are hosed.

The funny part is how a lot of it just isn't real. A lot of the self-censorship doesn't actually make any difference, it's just people convincing themselves they have to say "unalive" instead or whatever. Which is still the fault of social media platforms for not being open about this kind of stuff, leaving people to start getting really weird and treat the algorithm like an unknowable deity that must be placated at all times. I imagine the reason they don't do that is because it would necessitate them to reveal the biases they operate under. Like how if you post "kill all men" you'll get dinged immediately but if you post "kill all trans men" it's all groovy baby

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
I'm not whitelisting x.com in my ad blocker just because y'all are too lazy to take screenshots lol

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Wayne Knight posted:

Education is just barely catching up to "maybe you should know how to type to get a job".

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
It rules that Elon, noted guy who is good at technology, set out to create a racist chatbot and failed to do so after so many others did so by accident.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Kit Walker posted:

The funny part is how a lot of it just isn't real. A lot of the self-censorship doesn't actually make any difference, it's just people convincing themselves they have to say "unalive" instead or whatever. Which is still the fault of social media platforms for not being open about this kind of stuff, leaving people to start getting really weird and treat the algorithm like an unknowable deity that must be placated at all times. I imagine the reason they don't do that is because it would necessitate them to reveal the biases they operate under. Like how if you post "kill all men" you'll get dinged immediately but if you post "kill all trans men" it's all groovy baby

Noting that this is a 100% real Facebook thing, I forget where the leaked images are but it was like training materials showing that you had to be part of ONE identifiable group to be the victim of hate speech, NOT two. So like, "I hate black people" would get taken down, but "I hate black gay people" was totally fine

Anyone have those images handy? I know I remember seeing them

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Rockman Reserve posted:

what is with the Terminator umineko avatars

I think? they're quotes from an argument about Terminator 1 vs 2 that Jeff Gerstmann and Dan Ryckert had but other than that lmao I have no idea

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

InediblePenguin posted:

I'm not whitelisting x.com in my ad blocker just because y'all are too lazy to take screenshots lol

We’re not taking screenshots just because you are too lazy to configure your ad blocker.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Platystemon posted:

We’re not taking screenshots just because you are too lazy to configure your ad blocker.
"not showing x.com" is the proper configuration actually

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Platystemon posted:

If I turn off my adblocker, it still doesn't show. Seems like poo poo's just broke.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

InediblePenguin posted:

"not showing x.com" is the proper configuration actually

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

The General posted:

It displayed on mine too, but I agree screenshots are better, especially since folks edit and delete posts or lockdown their accounts, and some of the main sites we post content from are now notorious for breaking their APIs or just going down.

If the post isn't worth the effort of taking a screenshot and then using one of the built-in image hosting options on mobile, it's probably not worth discussing.
You people are making me agree with SAD and should be ashamed of yourselves.

Coolness Averted has a new favorite as of 23:15 on Dec 9, 2023

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

There are also imgur addons for browsers that let you screenshot a selection and upload automatically to imgur then copy that to your clipboard. You don't need to do much work at all if you're on a computer.

It's probably a good idea just because of how ephemeral twitter is now.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The General posted:

Yeah, I'm not even logged into Twitter on my laptop and I can see the posts just fine

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

usually when people have this problem it's firefoxes "enhanced tracking protection" mode or some privacy-centric extension causing it, not an adblocker

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
:ironicat:
https://twitter.com/EndWokeness/status/1733523012551368777?t=YWd4OKrBZuySfG8W6oqYNA&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Gonna take a big sip of coffee and read what white Americans were saying about Harlen in 1939