Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

SonOfGhostDad posted:

Is anyone else just constantly walking around with injuries on everyone? How am I supposed to remove these if I can't get back to the ship?

My guess is the expectation is that you're like always gonna have some Injuries. I've also been like, "man I can't wait to get to my ship!" and that was 4 trash encounters ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

SonOfGhostDad posted:

Is anyone else just constantly walking around with injuries on everyone? How am I supposed to remove these if I can't get back to the ship?

Are you still in the Spaceport? It's really brutal, both with the difficulty of combat there relative to your power level and the inability to return to your ship. After that, combat not only gets more manageable but you can generally return to your ship any time.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Warhammer affirms the transformative power of yelling.

Destroy the AAA and you can return to your ship.

The real problem is the game never tells you Pascale, by far your best medic, needs to buy the medicae skill before he can equip a medkit and heal old injuries.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Uhh...is this a bug or is this section just poorly done...or am I just stupid?

Very early "find a navigator" mission.

I told Felek that I would take the Child and he said "ok", now Theobald wants me to take the Child, but I don't seem to have an option to just...do that?

FacelessVoid
Jul 8, 2009
Is it intentional that NPCs ignore friendly fire including friendly NPCs? Half the enemies kill each other and sometimes a friendly will kill my companions!!! I’ve already had to reload several times because of this poo poo. It makes combat really random and unrewarding.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

It makes sense it's just a spoiler you can agree with Theobald, but Felek has no intention of letting Cassia leave

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Jack Trades posted:

Uhh...is this a bug or is this section just poorly done...or am I just stupid?

Very early "find a navigator" mission.

I told Felek that I would take the Child and he said "ok", now Theobald wants me to take the Child, but I don't seem to have an option to just...do that?

Felek doesn't want you to take the child, he wants you to deal with Theobald and hand the child over to him. You have to choose one to side with.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Dec 9, 2023

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

SonOfGhostDad posted:

Liberal use of medkits before, during, and after fights with the associated skill check (so maybe savescum), there's a thing where injuries become 'old injuries' and depending on your difficulty will become traumas after a certain amount. Traumas can only be recovered by visiting the ship.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

deep dish peat moss posted:

Felek doesn't want you to take the child, he wants you to kill Theobald and hand the child over to him. You have to choose one to side with.

But uhhh....that's not what's happening in the dialogue though?

but then the journal contradicts what just happened

The dialogue says one thing and the journal says that something completely different happened.
It's not a bug then, it's just a poorly implemented sequence?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Bro NPCs are capable of lying to you

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Arglebargle III posted:

Bro NPCs are capable of lying to you

I mean, sure, but the game isn't accounting for that.
If he's lying to me then I should have a choice that reflects the possibility that I fell for the lie. No?

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Jack Trades posted:

The dialogue says one thing and the journal says that something completely different happened.

The "I should bring Cassia to Felek as I promised" option in the dialog in your first post is the option to do this quest that Felek gave you. Theobald tells you why that's a bad idea and why you should stop Felek. Both options are available to you.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

The "I should bring Cassia to Felek as I promised" option in the dialog in your first post is the option to do this quest that Felek gave you. Theobald tells you why that's a bad idea and why you should stop Felek. Both options are available to you.

No? I haven't promised to deliver Felek poo poo, I promised to take her off the station.

EDIT: I feel like I'm going crazy here.
I discovered that Felek is full of poo poo.
I went to him and told him that he's full of poo poo.
He agreed that he was full of poo poo but only because he want to get rid of the Child.
I told him that I'll get rid of the Child by getting her off the station to be my navigator.
He says "ok".
I go to Theobald and he tells me that he wants me to take the Child off the station.

Yet I don't have the option to even attempt to do just that.

Am I misunderstanding something here?

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Dec 9, 2023

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Jack Trades posted:

No? I haven't promised to deliver Felek poo poo, I promised to take her off the station.

IIRC in the initial dialog with Felek he straight-up claims that you can take the child with you after you let him sap her powers but maybe I'm misremembering that part

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

IIRC in the initial dialog with Felek he straight-up claims that you can take the child with you after you let him sap her powers but maybe I'm misremembering that part

No. He doesn't. I posted the full relevant part of that dialogue.

grobbo
May 29, 2014
Every time an ability tells me that I can remove a stack of (FELL*2) Vulnerability from a target and replace them with a stack of (PER*10 Versatility + Dodge%):

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Double Bill posted:

Has anyone else been soft-locked in combat? As in can't do any actions, move or even end turn. It's happened to me a few times now and it's getting annoying.

Yes, sometimes. I've found that it will eventually fix itself just by waiting a bit. I only do that if it happens pretty deep into a fight that I dont wanna have to repeat though.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
I thought it'd be all good for veil management after I gave the psyker a skill that reduced the veil damage with their first spell each turn. ...until I accidentally summoned a 135 HP Tzeentch enemy in the first spaceport encounter.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

pentyne posted:

you can sort categories from the tabs up top

How do you sort them? I can filter to the categories but nothing seems to sort it. Sometimes the categories aren't even there though so something else might be going on there.

FacelessVoid
Jul 8, 2009
I don't understand rapid fire. I just hit an enemy when it said I had 0% chance to hit. I've also hit a lot of other times when the odds were really low. Is the number displayed over a unit not the actual probability to hit? This game is so confusing.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

FacelessVoid posted:

I don't understand rapid fire. I just hit an enemy when it said I had 0% chance to hit. I've also hit a lot of other times when the odds were really low. Is the number displayed over a unit not the actual probability to hit? This game is so confusing.

I think the probabilities change when a previous shot in the same volley has destroyed another enemy or cover, thus giving LoS to the previously 0% to hit enemy.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

FacelessVoid posted:

Every chance to hit is the chance for a direct hit, but any direct hit miss then has a chance to hit something else in the line of fire. You can also shoot through someone on a direct hit and hit the targets behind them as well. At a certain point it's just so many more chances to hit you see a lot more hits then you expect.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Jack Trades posted:

Felek asks you to bring her to him and then leave with her

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Buschmaki posted:

Felek asks you to bring her to him and then leave with her

I understand that's how the scenario works mechanically but literally the last thing he tells you is "[...]take her and leave the station."
At no point in this line of conversation does he mention bringing her to him.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

evilmiera posted:

Ok why did they overtune the fight in the Drifting Voidship? I just spent upwards of 10 minutes and didn't manage to take down a single enemy because the loudhailers keeps giving things temp wounds and I can't take them down fast enough with all these other mobs in the way.

That's just classic Owlcat bullshit.

Some places are just way harder than others.
Just lower the difficulty to easy for that fight. It is still a slog, but much more manageable.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I'm guessing what happened there is that interrupting Felek and demanding he just give you a navigator and let you leave made him say "fine fine yeah whatever just go get her" and prevented the part of the dialog where he tells you to bring the child to him from triggering, and the quest log (and further dialog with Theobald) acted as if it had triggered.

I just offered to rescue the child out of the goodness of my heart and he was like "perfect, go get her and bring her to me!"

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Dec 9, 2023

FacelessVoid
Jul 8, 2009

Jack Trades posted:

I think the probabilities change when a previous shot in the same volley has destroyed another enemy or cover, thus giving LoS to the previously 0% to hit enemy.

This can't be the case because this unit was the closest to me...

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I'm guessing what happened there is that interrupting Felek and demanding he just give you a navigator and let you leave made him say "fine fine yeah whatever just go get her" and prevented the part of the dialog where he tells you to bring the child to him from triggering, and the quest log acted as if it had triggered.

I just offered to rescue the child out of the goodness of my heart and he was like "perfect, go get her and bring her to me!"

I see. I guess that makes sense.
It would be helpful if the game somehow differentiated between "gathering information" and "making a decision" dialogues choices, so that I didn't have to skip the former because I'm worried that they're actually the latter.

EDIT: Maybe ToyBox has something that would solve it, now that I think about it. I should check it out.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Yeah, that's something I remember happening to me in the Pathfinder games as well, and that I've noticed here. They don't even always put the 'this option pushes the conversation forward' option at the bottom or whatever :argh:

SonOfGhostDad
Nov 16, 2022

Arglebargle III posted:

Warhammer affirms the transformative power of yelling.

Destroy the AAA and you can return to your ship.

The real problem is the game never tells you Pascale, by far your best medic, needs to buy the medicae skill before he can equip a medkit and heal old injuries.

This makes sense. In Dark Heresy, the ad mech player is always the medic

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

EDIT: I feel like I'm going crazy here.
I discovered that Felek is full of poo poo.
I went to him and told him that he's full of poo poo.
He agreed that he was full of poo poo but only because he want to get rid of the Child.
I told him that I'll get rid of the Child by getting her off the station to be my navigator.
He says "ok".
I go to Theobald and he tells me that he wants me to take the Child off the station.

Yet I don't have the option to even attempt to do just that.

Am I misunderstanding something here?

Yeah you're right and people don't understand what you're saying.

Initially felek says to bring her to him. If you gather enough evidence to call him out you can offer to take her yourself and he agrees in a way that's clearly a lie to get you to do what he wants.
The problem is that "I believe his lie" isn't taken into consideration in the journal nor in the conversation in her quarters. So despite agreeing to take her yourself the game makes you say you're taking her to Felek.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Further Reading posted:

Yeah you're right and people don't understand what you're saying.

Initially felek says to bring her to him. If you gather enough evidence to call him out you can offer to take her yourself and he agrees in a way that's clearly a lie to get you to do what he wants.
The problem is that "I believe his lie" isn't taken into consideration in the journal nor in the conversation in her quarters. So despite agreeing to take her yourself the game makes you say you're taking her to Felek.

I would've strongly preferred if Felek just betrayed me instead but I guess I might as well pick the option to go actively kill him instead, and hope that the game won't have similar oversights happen again.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

TBH the dogmatic options aren't even that harsh. A lot of Imperial dogmatic stuff would be like, I execute the kidnappers for their crimes and also the hostages for the crime of allowing themselves to be taken alive.

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021
OK, so I'm kinda used for Owlcat "normal difficulty is actually hard difficulty" and throwing stat inflated mobs left and right, but I'm getting my rear end kicked by what I think is supposed to be tutorial boss Chaos Spawn, also my psyker is way worse than NPC psyker. the hell am I doing wrong, I had no such problems in Pathfinder games.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

He's got a pretty straightforward self-buff mechanic that you need to read.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Szarrukin posted:

OK, so I'm kinda used for Owlcat "normal difficulty is actually hard difficulty" and throwing stat inflated mobs left and right, but I'm getting my rear end kicked by what I think is supposed to be tutorial boss Chaos Spawn, also my psyker is way worse than NPC psyker. the hell am I doing wrong, I had no such problems in Pathfinder games.

Idira's powers get a +1 to psyker rank because she is unsanctioned. It makes a huge deal in the start.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Confused by Gleam of the Final Dawn - I've walked all around the Upperway and there doesn't seem to be anything for me to Interact with or anything. I've cleared the Warehouse, the Sewer, I've talked to the Governor. No idea what I'm supposed to be doing.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

Sab669 posted:

Confused by Gleam of the Final Dawn - I've walked all around the Upperway and there doesn't seem to be anything for me to Interact with or anything. I've cleared the Warehouse, the Sewer, I've talked to the Governor. No idea what I'm supposed to be doing.

Leave to your ship, then go back to the planet but to the newly revealed area this time (the monastery but it’s named something funny).

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I did walk all the way back to the Starport but I couldn't seem to board it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

Sab669 posted:

I did walk all the way back to the Starport but I couldn't seem to board it

You should be able to board your shuttle from the governor’s bunker. If you can’t, it’s because you haven’t destroyed the AA battery yet. Go back to the battery and click on it a few times to blow it up.