Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

oh, there's also an NXT PPV tonight apparently :rubby:

quote:

NXT Deadline:

Axiom vs Nathan Frazer in a preshow match
Carmelo Hayes vs Lexis King
Roxanne Perez vs Kiana James in a cage match
Tiffany Stratton, Lash Legend, Blair Davenport, Kelani Jordan and Fallon Henley in a five-way Iron Survivor Challenge for #1 contendership to the women's title
Dijak, Trick Williams, Tyler Bate, Josh Briggs and Bron Breakker in a five-way Iron Survivor Challenge for #1 contendership to the world title
Dominik Mysterio defends the North American title against Dragon Lee (with Rey Mysterio)
Ilja Dragunov defends the world title against Baron Corbin

https://twitter.com/WWEonFOX/status/1733566809792712736

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
lol cringe

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Love for Punk to be met with indifference at a NXT PLE.

Btw Bryan Danielson vs Andrade El Idolo and Eddie Kingston vs Claudio is on Collision to tonight, to the three people that love to suffer through WWE on here.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Punk vs Baron Corbin?!? Dream match anyone?! 🤯🤯🤯👀👀👀

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

We're getting that Lexis King/CM Punk interaction tonight

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Seams posted:

Punk vs Baron Corbin?!? Dream match anyone?! 🤯🤯🤯👀👀👀

"Baron Corbin couldn't manage a TGIFridays."

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Axiom and Nathan should be on the main show.

vivazomo
Nov 4, 2010
Tiffany Stratton, Lash Legend, Blair Davenport, Kelani Jordan and Fallon Henley in a five-way Iron Survivor Challenge for CM Punk's Starbucks gift card.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Gavok posted:

"Baron Corbin couldn't manage a TGIFridays."

He's working to be a manager, okay

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

watching cm punk fully embrace being everything he hates for money is incredible

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Orange Carlisle posted:

watching cm punk fully embrace being everything he hates for money is incredible

*everything he at one point performed hating

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Orange Carlisle posted:

Maybe he's changed and likes everything he once hated.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

lol

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Orange Carlisle posted:

Is there anything more punk rock than selling out?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

TV Zombie posted:

Maybe he's changed and likes everything he once hated.

He should drink a beer

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

For those curious, the venue (Optus Stadium) holds 65000 for wrestling

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

baron corbin has more legit grappling credentials than cm punk

Atillo
Jan 9, 2007

Which city should we choose for our big Australian stadium show? How about the one that is literally thousands of kilometers from every large population centre?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Atillo posted:

How about the one that is literally thousands of kilometers from every large population centre?

:australia:

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Atillo posted:

Which city should we choose for our big Australian stadium show? How about the one that is literally thousands of kilometers from every large population centre?

WWE got intel that they will find Nathan Jones there

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Granted, but the last two times they ran stadium shows in Australia they were at least smart enough to go to the much bigger Melbourne

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

https://twitter.com/CMPunk/status/1484957254302457859

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Punk is funny because he’s actually a Reddit dork at heart.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Atillo posted:

lmao holy poo poo I hadn't seen that they were heading to Perth

I mean, cool for the locals who are interested in wrestling, but drat

Imagine booking San Diego in an alternate reality where the only other sizable cities in America are New Orleans, Miami, Atlanta, and Raleigh-Durham.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

60K empty seats has to be some sort of record.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Mayor of Perth starting to sweat when someone asks how much they paid for an WWE show on a (less than) half-empty stadium.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Kennel posted:

Mayor of Perth starting to sweat when someone asks how much they paid for an WWE show on a (less than) half-empty stadium.

https://x.com/BrandonThurston/status/1732139300941099251?s=20
I think the EC match is the only announced event for Australia so far

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

One of the newest Chapos is all about how horrible of sportswashers Endeavor is. Great episode.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Digital Jedi posted:

There's also Undertaker 1deadMAN Show :v:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Digital Jedi posted:

There's also something from WWE on April 20th in Perth, Ticketmaster doesn't have much info but just looks like a live show.

Our biggest local promotion EPW has announced a show the night before with some guys from over East (Caveman Ugg and The Velocities announced so far) but I doubt it'll draw more than the 800 or so crowd that the Willeton Stadium shows have had in the past, the wrestling scene here is as small as you'd expect from such an isolated place.

e: it's nearly as stupid as New Japan booking a show in Wagga Wagga (halfway between Sydney and Melbourne, a 4 1/2 hour drive each way)

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Dec 10, 2023

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Shouts out Caveman Ugg one time

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

“You’re not a king… you’re a poser”

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Ganso Bomb posted:

“You’re not a punk… you’re a poser”

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Compromised Morals Punk

https://x.com/drainbamager/status/1733647574093951443?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

projecthalaxy posted:

Shouts out Caveman Ugg one time

Caveman Ugg rules, he only just started making appearances in Melbourne right before I moved to Brisbane but crowds took to him immediately.

Meanwhile Brisbane has no wrestling scene which sucks, there are small indies but nothing based in Brisbane itself. United Pro is the closest thing but getting to their shows is a big problem, Melbourne City Wrestling was a train out to Essendon where the venue was right next to the train station or a 10 minute tram out of the city to Preston.

I will echo that it's absolutely baffling to run a stadium show in Perth. Airline tickets are about as expensive as they have ever been at the moment and people are not exaggerating when we say that Perth is isolated. Melbourne & Sydney are both pretty accessible as you can still travel from state to state by a regional train. Meanwhile that's not really an option for traveling to WA from one of the neighboring states, it's a very long drive through the desert from Adelaide to Perth and going from Alice Springs or Darwin is way out.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Dec 10, 2023

closet statist
Mar 9, 2010

Happy to see UGG mentioned on this board when I am seeing him in the flesh in sunny Canberra next week. WWE shoulda booked EC at Bruce Stadium

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

closet statist posted:

Happy to see UGG mentioned on this board when I am seeing him in the flesh in sunny Canberra next week. WWE shoulda booked EC at Bruce Stadium

Honestly a place with the capacity of GIO Stadium would have been best to book for Perth, 25k wouldn't be too difficult to fill out but it doesn't look as sexy for the State Government who are trying to invest in tourism.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

What is the thing that most perfectly encapsulates WWE and why is it the velcro title belts?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Alan_Shore posted:

What is the thing that most perfectly encapsulates WWE and why is it the velcro title belts?

I'm sure it seems like such a small thing to be annoyed by but when the major belts were redesigned and just became a giant wwe logo toy and not a championship looking belt it genuinely felt like any prestige their belts might have held was completely lost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Alan_Shore posted:

Orange Carlisle posted:

I'm sure it seems like such a small thing to be annoyed by but when the major belts were redesigned and just became a giant wwe logo toy and not a championship looking belt it genuinely felt like any prestige their belts might have held was completely lost

I think it's a combination of both. The titles looking like toys for merchandising and the velcro straps just kinda combine to make things incredibly childish.