Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
non gender conforming people can be bad people too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
:gas:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i know a cockatiel that's nearing its twentieth birthday and went blind after its seventeenth only to shed its cataracts and come back healthier than ever. the owners adopted a kitten twelve years ago and it's looking like the bird might outlive it. anything with parrot dna laughs at death

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The thing to remember about horrible people like Peter Coffin who blow up their entire lives with something other people seem able to manage is that they were horrible people before they started doing whatever that thing was.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Catgirl Al Capone posted:

its kind of funny that anthony burch got his sister into a borderlands game and she's been massively eclipsing him in likeability and skill ever since even though her character was written as one of the most obnoxious in a sea of obnoxious characters

Burch keeps failing upwards though. Writing on big games and his patreon makes a ridiculous amount of money.

Sydin posted:

Didn't it also come out Burch was using his extremely minor celebrity status within the industry to pull casting couch bullshit?

Yeah, those allegations were creeping up when #MeToo got rolling regarding his time at Gearbox and while they didn't get to the level of Blizzard or anything he did mysteriously nuke his Twitter for a while.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
i thought burch was a target of some kind of kiwi farms type thing where his wife was ugly, or cucked him, he got divorced, something like that. like people were dropping dox

Law Cheetah fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Dec 9, 2023

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I feel like there is almost always one person who is way more into the idea than the other.

And that's precisely the ones that fail.

Almost inevitably when one party wants it and the other party merely agrees to it, it's going to end badly. In that case you've already got a power imbalance and one side is exploiting it. When you get the incredibly rare case of two people who love each other and are confident in that enough that they're not threatened by the other one in another relationship, it can work. When you start with one person being a micro-celebrity that power imbalance is almost inevitable; it's just the hilarious turnaround when the person with the power turned out to not be the person who thought they had the power.

I've had friends who've managed to pull it off and be in a long-term loving relationship, but it's been few and far between.

Law Cheetah posted:

i thought burch was a target of some kind of kiwi farms type thing where his wife was ugly, or cucked him, he got divorced, something like that. like people were dropping dox
Yes, Burch did run afoul of gamergate folks, so they definitely put his life under a funhouse microscope, so there should be a grain of salt applied to unsubstantiated stuff.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
I found this intro amusingly made:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPdUjLqC15Q

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

Thanks for this, dude owns, and I'm glad to see more people seeing the educational value of games like Factorio

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I'm loving crying laughing at this, thank you

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnCk1n6xfmE

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

euroshopper posted:

i didn't use masculine pronouns for coffin i just think their usage of them is kinda cynical. especially since there isn't any real evidence that coffin is uncomfortable with people referring to them with masculine pronouns

what teh gently caress is wrong with you lol

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nuns with Guns posted:

There's people who can have good poly and open relationships. The key is being honest, communicative, and aware of your feelings and the feelings of your partner(s) like any healthy relationship. Also being aware that some people just don't want that.

So someone going "I really want to have sex with more people, can we please open up?" is definitely not doing that.
like 9 times out of 10 online what you hear about is a relationship being forced into being poly even though one of the people involved really isnt into it, cause saying no would be polyphobic lol

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

euroshopper posted:

t's more of like coffin being type of person who would easily question the identity of others to score some post-left r/stupidpol points

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i feel a dark ki emanating from euroshoppers posts

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Endorph posted:

like 9 times out of 10 online what you hear about is a relationship being forced into being poly even though one of the people involved really isnt into it, cause saying no would be polyphobic lol

9 times out of 10 :goofy:
Online :goofy:
What you hear about :goofy:
Being forced :goofy:
Saying no would be polyphobic :goofy:

Endorph posted:

what teh gently caress is wrong with you lol

y’all are just knocking out all the classic hits to ring this year out

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

euroshopper posted:

is MiA discussion is still discouraged even in terms of critiquing it? somewhat surprised the Q types haven't latched onto the show as proof that Ted Turner is a sex trafficker

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Nakey Jakey on Starfield, the Game of the Year of 2014.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hS2emKDlGmE

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

:kstare:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
join the seattle furry pansexual polycule today, mac!

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Poly ftl.

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

Saagonsa posted:

Poly ftl.

if you're playing poly FTL i think you'll have to stagger when you get to the flagship or you're going to have a rough time of it

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Well okay if you say so

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Nakey Jakey on Starfield, the Game of the Year of 2014.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hS2emKDlGmE

good to see jakey back with a new style he's great

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

he looks like he's slowly morphing into becoming one of the many fake Sajams that have been popping up around the internet

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CXARVkZeWY

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

non gender conforming people can be bad people too

what the gently caress man that's oh

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

i just watched that video on starfield and... there are no aliens in the sci-fi space exploration game??!?

KingKalamari
Aug 24, 2007

Fuzzy dice, bongos in the back
My ship of love is ready to attack

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

See, experience has taught me that these sorts of polyamories tend to succeed more times than not. Relationships that emerge amongst established participants of the poly community tend have way higher chances of working than a previously monogamous couple who try to experiment. That said, the furry pansexuals do have slightly higher than average odds of becoming The Polyamorous Couple Who Traps You in a One-Sided Conversation About The Ethical Slut At a Party.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
My sexuality is a lot like video games: PolyGONE

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Peter coffin posted some videos that YouTube recommended to me. The title and description seem to want to focus on something about systems and martyred Peter Somerton, but I didn't watch em. Don't feel like watching anything of Peter Coffin when he kept going for right-wing bullshit. Oh yeah he also defended pedophile Caleb Maupin.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

i just watched that video on starfield and... there are no aliens in the sci-fi space exploration game??!?

Yep, no aliens

Just neoliberals across all time and space

Unions have been erased as a multiversal concept alongside killing all ceo's. Because apparently CEO's are hard programmed to be bulletproof.

Annointed fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Dec 10, 2023

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
So what I'm hearing here is Bethesda made an inferior version of The Outer Worlds

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Annointed posted:

Yep, no aliens

Unions have been erased as a multiversal concept alongside killing all ceo's. Because apparently CEO's are hard programmed to be bulletproof.

So it's like Battletech but boring?

Wait, I guess even Battletech has the Tetatae. Nevermind.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Sardonik posted:

So what I'm hearing here is Bethesda made an inferior version of The Outer Worlds

Pretty much. It's the same dated bethesda open world rpg game they made dozens of times over. Meanwhile, star sector has open world massive space fights, Rimworld does better for the western along aesthetic against bands of evil, Disco Elysium better on class critique than a AAA company would dare to do, and we already have better gunplay from modern Doom games, Ultrakill, Cruelty Squad and Wolfenstein.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

It's got wild monster alien type enemies (space mud crabs) but there's no blue chicks to talk to until they take their space suits off.

Annointed posted:

Pretty much. It's the same dated bethesda open world rpg game they made dozens of times over. Meanwhile, star sector has open world massive space fights, Rimworld does better for the western along aesthetic against bands of evil, Disco Elysium better on class critique than a AAA company would dare to do, and we already have better gunplay from modern Doom games, Ultrakill, Cruelty Squad and Wolfenstein.

I don't agree that people are going to a Bethesda game for any of those elements, but the "open world gently caress around sim" energy I'd expect out of a post-Oblivion Bethesda game has already been successfully space colonized by No Man's Sky, while the broad space trucker potential a scifi setting offers to expand the Bethesda game was already covered by Elite Dangerous. Then you look at the RPG elements and there's a suite of Bioware and Star Wars scifi video games to compare to, and yeah Outer World is right over there and it's fine. There's issues with it, but it still sketches a more distinctive picture of a setting and characters while also having a human-only environment.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Nuns with Guns posted:

It's got wild monster alien type enemies (space mud crabs) but there's no blue chicks to talk to until they take their space suits off.

I don't agree that people are going to a Bethesda game for any of those elements, but the "open world gently caress around sim" energy I'd expect out of a post-Oblivion Bethesda game has already been successfully space colonized by No Man's Sky, while the broad space trucker potential a scifi setting offers to expand the Bethesda game was already covered by Elite Dangerous. Then you look at the RPG elements and there's a suite of Bioware and Star Wars scifi video games to compare to, and yeah Outer World is right over there and it's fine. There's issues with it, but it still sketches a more distinctive picture of a setting and characters while also having a human-only environment.
To add to your point, stuff like Kenshi seems to do so much more for the mucking around and just allowing you to kill top brass. No one gets to be immortal for plot reasons. The thing that annoys me is that Bethesda has most likely made bank off those that need to play any bethesda, so they'll keep making the same boring stuff til the end of time. On the bright side, there are better games to play than Starfield and its endless corpos and cops

Rockit
Feb 2, 2017

Annointed posted:

Peter coffin posted some videos that YouTube recommended to me. The title and description seem to want to focus on something about systems and martyred Peter Somerton, but I didn't watch em. Don't feel like watching anything of Peter Coffin when he kept going for right-wing bullshit. Oh yeah he also defended pedophile Caleb Maupin.

Yep, no aliens

These people seem to be exaggerating the genuine but mild muddiness of the video's structure to demand copyright tangents and that he brought all this to Somerton beforehand.
Since Hbomber didn't they have a right to at least consider bad faith interpretations.

In other words, you're not missing much.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/SHAscension/status/1733522167160348725

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
that whole production would be sad if it wasn't so funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

lmao no loving way. did they pitch it to the CW first?

e. lol for once I will recommend scrolling the responses