Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaewan
May 29, 2008
I hope we get *checks list* immortals of avernum and/ or forspoken as a Christmas freebie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

quote:

On Selected day one title will be revealed and will have 100% off Owner Discount. If you have all the previous games from the lineup you'll be able to grab it for free! Just click on the corresponding image of the game as it goes up for grabs and you'll be able to redeem it there.
You’ll need to be careful though. If you forget to redeem any of the corresponding free titles, you won’t be eligible for the rest. The next titles in the lineup will become available free for users who have the previous ones added to their accounts!
(If you miss a game, don’t worry. Just buy the missing games which will go on sale day after the owner discount to complete the chain and this will grant you a possibility to gather the rest of them for free!)

Now everybody read the above and don't get into a 5 page derail again ffs.

chadbear
Jan 15, 2020

Breetai posted:

Now everybody read the above and don't get into a 5 page derail again ffs.

Oh no RIP thread

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Don't worry, as it's not valid in Europe, there will still be people asking why it doesn't show up for free for them.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Geemer posted:

Don't worry, as it's not valid in Europe, there will still be people asking why it doesn't show up for free for them.

I was going to complain that it's not free for me instead of ask :colbert:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't own a switch so what about me, huh? it's totally unfair.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
The whole letting people buy the game they missed to get back on the redemption train is such a brilliant scam even if it's overly complex and will confuse tons of people.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Just don't miss a day

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Just don't miss a day

It's that easy.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

The Kins posted:

It's publicly documented that Epic is currently in a money-losing position, even with the money hose that is Fortnite, due to how much they threw at their store to reach for the impossible dream of a 50% grip on the PC gaming market. Hence their laying like 900 people off and selling off Bandcamp a couple of months ago.

Imagine if they actually spent that money on improving the platform instead of trying to force people to use it by making games exclusive.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Thankfully the page shows the games and they look pretty shovelware.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Thankfully the page shows the games and they look pretty shovelware.

One of my younger kids liked the coloring game and I think I got a puzzle (like jigsaw) game in one of those giveaways that they enjoyed. But yeah can't really speak highly of the rest. I'm not complaining for the price though.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Suburban Dad posted:

One of my younger kids liked the coloring game and I think I got a puzzle (like jigsaw) game in one of those giveaways that they enjoyed. But yeah can't really speak highly of the rest. I'm not complaining for the price though.

Yeah it wasn't to be too disparaging towards them and more indicate that if you don't get one or more of them it's not like them robbing you of Death Stranding or some other AAA game.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

heres a code for Alan Wake 2, has to be redeemed with geforce experience client
U9356WY54MyST1NQMy6yR2zX

it didnt work for me, said my "hardware doesnt meet the requirements for this campaign" but maybe itll work for some one else

it expires on the 13th

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
My 2080 doesn't meet the requirements, anyway. Probably needs a 4xxx series.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
Those nvidia codes are weird as hell. They require a specific card which has been bought within a few weeks to work. I got one once and could't redeem it.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Hey thanks, tried the code and it eventually worked. Errored due to technical difficulties over and over, I have some guests over and then tried again after they left. I have a 4070, the code registered on Epic. Thanks!

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Gromit posted:

My 2080 doesn't meet the requirements, anyway. Probably needs a 4xxx series.

i have a 4060ti and it didnt work

Atoramos posted:

Hey thanks, tried the code and it eventually worked. Errored due to technical difficulties over and over, I have some guests over and then tried again after they left. I have a 4070, the code registered on Epic. Thanks!

great! im glad some one could use it. it seems very deliberately designed not to be redeemed. im guessing they only pay when its redeemed or something

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
You just had to redeem it yourself to get the epic code, then anyone could have used it.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Kly posted:

i have a 4060ti and it didnt work

It can't be a processing power issue. I can't believe for a moment that a 4070 (I have a 4070ti, for reference) is sufficient to run that game but not a 4060. This sounds like a pathetic, half-arsed way to encourage people to buy extremely high-end cards.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
it sounds like a code that was supposed to come as a pack-in with a specific gpu

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

JustJeff88 posted:

It can't be a processing power issue. I can't believe for a moment that a 4070 (I have a 4070ti, for reference) is sufficient to run that game but not a 4060. This sounds like a pathetic, half-arsed way to encourage people to buy extremely high-end cards.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-eu/geforce/campaigns/alan-wake-2-pc-game-bundle/

quote:

For a limited time, get Alan Wake 2 with the purchase of a qualifying GeForce RTX 4090, 4080, 4070 Ti or 4070 desktop or graphics card, or laptop with a GeForce RTX 4090 Laptop GPU, RTX 4080 Laptop GPU, RTX 4070 Laptop GPU.*

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

JustJeff88 posted:

I played it on a 3070 and performance was solid, a 4000 series certainly isn't necessary. A lot of these pack-in codes are just annoying to redeem either by design or because they don't care enough about the giveaway program to make their interface convenient. AMD has their own program as well with codes that seem to be tied to the exact processor you buy. I got the new Avatar game with my CPU, haven't been able to build the computer yet but I already saw lots of complaints about how inconvenient it was to redeem.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I'm assuming it's intentionally a pain in the rear end so you can't easily resell the keys.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I like when graphics cards would just come with random CDs for games for some reason

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

My soundcard once came with Condition Zero. I mean that's neat, but why.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

THE BAR posted:

My soundcard once came with Condition Zero. I mean that's neat, but why.

Someone in the marketing department confused Turtle Beach with Turtle Rock I guess

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Reminder that the no gravity games thing starts today. I checked on my phone and the game showed up as 4 bucks for me. :v:

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Suburban Dad posted:

Reminder that the no gravity games thing starts today. I checked on my phone and the game showed up as 4 bucks for me. :v:

me too. this happened the last time they did this as well

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

same here
nice to know the overcomplicated giveaway doesn't work even if you follow the rules

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
I got it working fine through the Switch store, anyway.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I think you have to own another one of their games first or something. This is a stupid deal and I don't understand why Nintendo lets them do this.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Cojawfee posted:

I think you have to own another one of their games first or something. This is a stupid deal and I don't understand why Nintendo lets them do this.

The catch seems to be that if you sign up for their newsletter you get a free code for one of their games, which then lets you go into the giveaway owning a previous title. The issue at the moment is that folks signing up for their newsletter aren't getting codes in 5-10 minutes like they were a few days ago. I saw a few folks on slickdeals saying they haven't gotten codes after waiting a day. So it's not really much of a giveaway when there's prerequisites that the company isn't keeping up with distribution for.

Here's the slickdeals thread on the same topic. If I get a newsletter code before the first day giveaway is over I'll do it. If not, oh well.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Before I was pretending to not understand as a joke, but now that I'm actually trying to redeem the codes I don't get it.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Anyone have a lead on the upcoming EGS Xmas giveaway starting Wednesday?
A few people have said some game called Cookie Clicker but it looks to trashy even for Epic.

Usually theres been a leaked potential list by this point.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

OgNar posted:

Anyone have a lead on the upcoming EGS Xmas giveaway starting Wednesday?
A few people have said some game called Cookie Clicker but it looks to trashy even for Epic.

Cookie Clicker is a lot of things but idk that trashy is one of them

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Cookie clicker is the weirdest game I got really addicted to in recent years. It's good.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Cookie Clicker is the best game about the existential dread of Very Large Numbers

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
cookie clicker is what all other idle games try to be. it's fun and i'm glad that weird french dude eventually got some money for his success and unleashing idle games upon us all. you can play it over here for free if you want, still: https://orteil.dashnet.org/cookieclicker/

that said, i'm not sure the teaser image is cookie clicker? the game's cursors are the hands with the pointer finger out and the image has just a regular mouse cursor, so it could just be a different clicker game

we'll find out in literally an hour anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
maybe the deal that needs its own wikipedia page, errata, supplementary materials and expert witness accounts to do isn't a very good deal at all