Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I for one am very eager to experience the first hideo game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Honestly Peele and Kojima both make ridiculous stuff that's fun but people expect to be way higher brow than it actually is. I could see it either working really well or just being an absolutely unmitigated disaster

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Baron von Eevl posted:

Honestly Peele and Kojima both make ridiculous stuff that's fun but people expect to be way higher brow than it actually is. I could see it either working really well or just being an absolutely unmitigated disaster

Or just being solidly OK with people needing 15 years of complaining online to adjust their expectations.

I call this the WB-Beavis Adjustment.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

oh man I thought Udo Kier retired

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
I'm just surprised no one followed through and the repeated threats to kill him.

Haha, they're all gonna go through hell making that.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Wow a new form of media?!?!?

Hoping it's a 90s style FMV game

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Hoping it's a 90s style FMV 80's style Parser-Based Game game
I'm sure Peel can work with crunch super compressed 2kb sound files, 4 colours and a 640×480 resolution.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Looking forward to Kojima's revolutionary scratch-n-sniff game.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Hoping it's a 90s style FMV game

If that's the case, I hope it's Udo Kier's return to the role of Yuri.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

anatomi posted:

(Cont) But once you recognize the secret reason for her odor, you will feel ashamed of your words & deeds.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I know it wouldn’t be a good idea but I was still hoping Nope 2 would happen

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

This IS Nope 2

We all asked “what’s the deal with the Japanese guy at the auction?” And hideo answered

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

anatomi posted:

But Earthbound already did this. :confused:

Regretful Humming
Apr 27, 2015

Baron von Eevl posted:

I misread that as "unhinged disaster" somehow, and I'm still here for it.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I'm hoping the entire game is just the chimp part of Nope. True survival horror.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Ryan O'Neal, passed away at 82.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9KyBdPeKHg

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Hell is getting crowded lately.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

McSpanky posted:

I for one am very eager to experience the first hideo game

Everyone in this thread joking about it but not posting the reveal trailer for this...
https://x.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1732949742689378701?s=20

To be fair, however, it's currently more of a tech demo for the game, showing all the advanced scanning, modelling, and rigging of the Kojimadome. Also, you can see how busted Udo Kier looks in this.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
In all the promotional pictures I’ve seen of Udo Kier for this thing, he looks totally lost.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Hell is getting crowded lately.

wait, what did o'neal do? aside from not being very good at acting.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Snowman_McK posted:

wait, what did o'neal do? aside from not being very good at acting.

The one I know was that he beat up one of his sons with a fireplace poker then shot him back in 2007.

But I found out that he hit on his own daughter Tatum at the funeral of his wife, Farrah Fawcett, in 2009.

Young Freud fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Dec 9, 2023

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Young Freud posted:

The one I know was that he beat up one of his sons with a fireplace poker then shot him back in 2007.

But I found out that he hit on his own daughter Tatum at the funeral of his wife, Farrah Fawcett, in 2009.

That'd explain why he never got a John Travolta moment. Feels like he's the only 70s star who didn't.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

live with fruit posted:

That'd explain why he never got a John Travolta moment. Feels like he's the only 70s star who didn't.

More likely because of age.

When O'Neal started his acting career, Travolta was in the 5th grade. O'Neal debuted in the soap opera "Peyton Place" in the mid-'60s. He was 23 in the first season.

When he assaulted his son, he was 65.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Yeah his Wikipedia has a long list of his crimes, most involve doing a lot of drugs and being a monster while on them, abusing his wives, cheating on his wives with other women he'd also abuse, abusing his children and forcing them to do drugs.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Young Freud posted:

More likely because of age.

When O'Neal started his acting career, Travolta was in the 5th grade. O'Neal debuted in the soap opera "Peyton Place" in the mid-'60s. He was 23 in the first season.

When he assaulted his son, he was 65.

Same age as Forster and younger than Burt Reynolds.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The only thing I will ever remember him for is this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5k_arVcqR8

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I thought Udo retired but I guess Kojima flew a chopper to Palm Springs and told him he had one more job to do

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Alan Smithee posted:

I thought Udo retired but I guess Kojima flew a chopper to Palm Springs and told him he had one more job to do

You believed that? He's like Lance Henriksen and Danny Trejo, they don't know what to do with themselves if they aren't working.

Apparently his last major role is playing Hitler on "Hunters".

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Young Freud posted:

You believed that? He's like Lance Henriksen and Danny Trejo, they don't know what to do with themselves if they aren't working.

Apparently his last major role is playing Hitler on "Hunters".

He does a great job in that

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

lol Iran into Lance at a random rear end middle of nowhere diner

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Young Freud posted:

Everyone in this thread joking about it but not posting the reveal trailer for this...
https://x.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1732949742689378701?s=20

To be fair, however, it's currently more of a tech demo for the game, showing all the advanced scanning, modelling, and rigging of the Kojimadome. Also, you can see how busted Udo Kier looks in this.

Welcome to another edition of Kojimadome!
(timestamped so they start at the relevant bits)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlMpN26ts7s&t=274s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z8KJKth09w&t=416s

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Alan Smithee posted:

lol Iran into Lance at a random rear end middle of nowhere diner

I can absolutely believe this. I once met Jon English in a supermarket in Wellington NZ.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I always thought O’Neal seemed inauthentic but that made him perfect for Barry Lyndon.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
He also lost his looks. like...hard. Travolta is definitely aged but he still looks like Travolta. O'Neal was unrecognisable at least as early as 98

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

When 98 years old, you reach… Look as good, you will not.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I never knew O’Neal from anything other than the occasional Entertainment Tonight piece calling him a scumbag.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold
O’Neal also had his essential insincerity used well in The Zero Effect. Underrated movie

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Enderzero posted:

O’Neal also had his essential insincerity used well in The Zero Effect. Underrated movie

I'm watching that right now. It's what brought home how hard he fell off. He looks like a Tom Berenger impersonator.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Snatcher 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Now we're talking. MGS just never did it for me, I think because I just don't care for military-adjacent stories no matter how well-crafted or subversive they are. But Snatcher and Policenauts have such interesting worlds that they feel ripe for more entries.

Even if Snatcher is essentially "What if Terminator and Invasion of the Body Snatchers happened in Blade Runner with Akira vibes?", then a) that's still an extremely rad premise, and b) there's a ton of room to evolve the concept a bit away from its more direct influences.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Dec 10, 2023