Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier)

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Gonzo McFee posted:

https://twitter.com/jodcoll/status/1733804941393752234

It's almost as if THEY NEVER FIXED THE loving PROBLEMS EVERY CUNTING YEAR YOU DISGUSTING LITTLE CREEP. Going "Oh every time it rains they ask for more money to fix the holes in the roof" isn't the own you think it is when you categorically refuse to FIX THE loving ROOF!

Looking for "more cash" when inflation is running 10%. Truly sickening

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

You can’t fool me, that’s Laurence Fox with a bit of lippy and eyeshadow.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/sturdyAlex/status/1733812742656524681

It's quite an important observation

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Dec 10, 2023

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Pork Pie Hat posted:

this is getting a bit too close to "lol she looks like a man" for my tastes tbh

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Sanford posted:

Is she doing 90s era Eddie Izzard cosplay

lol literally thinking the same thing

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Angepain posted:

this is getting a bit too close to "lol she looks like a man" for my tastes tbh

Yeah if we could refrain from this, please.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Dog poo poo post in amongst a few contenders. From what I read she had breast reduction surgery for health and comfort reasons. I dunno enough about it but that sounds like something you shouldn't be taking the piss out of.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I mean Jessflips has plenty abominable opinions and behaviour to be going after.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I honestly thought the thread would take the piss out of her for the blatant Thatcher quote and her weird legs-apart pose that mimics the Tory power stance (which also mimics a Liz Truss photoshoot). I am disappoint.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Dec 10, 2023

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

i vaguely remember she crowdfunded all that money for a leadership bid, and then went off the radar for a bit before resurfacing as if nothing had happened but now with a nice new extension on her house

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
I can’t believe that I nearly upset the delicate feelings of Jess Phillips. Lucky you guys were here to stick up for her though. I bet she’ll be really pleased.

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Dog poo poo post in amongst a few contenders. From what I read she had breast reduction surgery for health and comfort reasons. I dunno enough about it but that sounds like something you shouldn't be taking the piss out of.

Shut the gently caress up parasite.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/woodgnomology/status/1733779953458590181

:allears:

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive

Pork Pie Hat posted:

I can’t believe that I nearly upset the delicate feelings of Jess Phillips. Lucky you guys were here to stick up for her though. I bet she’ll be really pleased.

do you want to reflect on why "lol she looks like a man" is kind of a poo poo thing to post regardless of who it's aimed at

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Shut the gently caress up parasite.

Hmmm. Another one of these morons revealing themselves.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Jess Phillips isn't here, but we do have people here who probably hear unpleasant jokes about looking like men directed at them more often than they'd like. So once again, I am asking you not to do that. There are plenty of more unpleasant things you can say about Jess Phillips without hitting other people with the shrapnel.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Nuclear Spoon posted:

do you want to reflect on why "lol she looks like a man" is kind of a poo poo thing to post regardless of who it's aimed at

No, but perhaps you’d like to reflect on how your touchy-feely, respect everyone’s feelings regardless of who they are and what they’ve done hippy bollocks has achieved absolutely nothing good in the last 13 years.

OwlFancier posted:

So once again, I am asking you not to do that.

I know what you’re asking and why you’re asking it, OwlFancier, and as you’re one of the posters I actually like and don’t find utterly contemptible, that’s a fair enough request.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Everybody is asking you to do it for the same reason. Making that joke is not praxis.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Dec 10, 2023

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Imo you can insult people's physical appearance all you like (I mean just look at Boris Johnson and Michael Gove ffs), just avoid stuff which is problematic. It can be a tricky line to walk though, I guess.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Sure. But make sure the one thing you do do is, when called on it, start yelling about hippies and parasites and how utterly contemptible everyone is.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Pork Pie Hat posted:

No, but perhaps you’d like to reflect on how your touchy-feely, respect everyone’s feelings regardless of who they are and what they’ve done hippy bollocks has achieved absolutely nothing good in the last 13 years.

I know what you’re asking and why you’re asking it, OwlFancier, and as you’re one of the posters I actually like and don’t find utterly contemptible, that’s a fair enough request.

gently caress the hell off with this poo poo you prick

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Average Daily Mail Reader

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Pork Pie Hat posted:

It's got nothing to do with Jess Philips, who is a contemptible, self-obsessed turd who reflects the spiritual & moral decay of the Labour Party. It's not her who is going to read this transphobic LOL YOU LOOK LIKE A MAN shite. Post better. There's plenty to criticise her for without going for the longest of hanging fruit.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/MichelleMone/status/1733790015183061446?t=5QgNli-Z-M1SPREv6Sx5yQ&s=19

Perfect, no notes.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

forkboy84 posted:

the longest of hanging fruit.

A banana?

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

“No one tells me what to say!”

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Too much use of the word "waste" here.

Waste =/= embezzlement.

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

God I hate Jess Phillips she's such a terf anyway time to make some transphobic jokes in her direction

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
loving :laffo: at saying regulars ITT are into “respecting everyone’s feelings”

is there a UK Centrism Thread we keep getting confused with or something

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Pork Pie Hat posted:

It's kinda hosed up that you're forced to read and post in this thread you find so contemptible. My condolences.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Pork Pie Hat posted:

You're posting like a loving arsehole right now.

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2023/dec/10/wes-streeting-nhs-uses-winter-crisis-excuse-more-money-labour

quote:

Speaking on a visit to Singapore, Wes Streeting said the health service needs to accept “money is tight”, and that it must rethink how the care it provides could provide better value for money for the taxpayer.

quote:

“I don’t think it’s good enough that the NHS uses every winter crisis and every challenge it faces as an excuse to ask for more money.”

quote:

He added: “The NHS is going to have to get used to the fact that money is tight and it’s going to have to get used to switching spend, and rethinking where and how care is delivered to deliver better outcomes for patients and better value for taxpayers’ money. At the moment, I think we get the worst of all worlds, which is poor outcomes alongside poor value for taxpayers.

Nothing really new here but the language is very specific: the NHS is being presented as an organisation separate from the government that may or may not be doing a good job and has to respect government financial constraints. Perhaps like the BBC, the NHS is not to be thought of as a government provision belonging to the British people, but a third party that the government merely oversees, and that the health secretary chastises whenever blame needs to be deflected.

Maybe it was never true but it is now explicit in messaging as well that the NHS is not run by the government. The NHS is run by a bunch of people that Wes thinks moan too much and don't represent value for money.

One might imagine that the job of a health secretary would be, ultimately, to run and take responsibility for the NHS. The management of the NHS is done by NHS managers and they can be blamed instead of government for declining services. If only the NHS wasn't so wasteful.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

fuctifino posted:

her weird legs-apart pose that mimics the Tory power stance (which also mimics a Liz Truss photoshoot).

They teach that dumb stuff to senior managers in big companies. At the bank I work for, all the middle management and above went on courses where some consultancy firm came in and showed them appropriate power stances, gave them actual training in how to give firm handshakes and important sounding ways to use buzzwords and say poo poo to staff in meetings, and all sorts of bullshit like that. The last batch of them to do it were during the summer and we could see them outside in the office grounds, standing in two lines facing each other and practicing handshakes and powerstancing.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

HopperUK posted:

You're posting like a loving arsehole right now.

Whither the Banhammer? The Lord Owl feareth to wield it

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
worst quote from that streeting interview:

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Apraxin posted:

worst quote from that streeting interview:

Love giving people freedom to innovate and create with.. *checks notes* life saving medicine and healthcare???

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
I'd love to support my team to create and innovate, Wes, but our office furniture is mostly broken, the ICT infrastructure is bargain basement stuff, the clients we support are more complex and needier than we've ever seen before, and our staff are mostly on the verge of burnout.
So how about you take your BNP haircut and go gently caress yourself?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'm willing to tell people to solve the problems themselves without any help from me as long as they do it.

- incredible manager wes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I'm feeling a distinct lack of Christmas spirit in the thread today. Is everyone hungover and grumpy from their office parties?

I'm playing the new Rogue Trader game and it's surprisingly great fun to play a grasping, arrogant Gilded Age-style robber baron, buccaneering across the galaxy and putting down below-decks revolts with indiscriminate slaughter.