Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

What in the gently caress is a state actor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

kazil posted:

lol Community Notes is the perfect arbiter of truth until it says something that Musk doesn't like and then it's state actors

sub 10 micron accuracy

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Further Reading posted:

Can't see what he's responding to without logging in. Let me try the changing the url trick to allegedly fix embeds:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1733882978781053383?s=20

Edit: oh that worked, nice.

no, it didn't work

it basically sometimes works and sometimes doesn't, the problem is on twitter's side, just post screenshots and include the post it's replying to or else it's basically not going to work like half the time

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

explosivo posted:

Deep State crisis actors (unionized)

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

explosivo posted:

agents of the deep state undertaking actions on behalf of the satanic globalist woke agenda elite, obviously, op :rolleyes:

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

Professor Wayne posted:

what's his problem with state actors? I think Ken marino should have all the resources he wants

Including, and not limited to, $240 worth of pudding.

Serfer
Mar 10, 2003

The piss tape is real

Professor Wayne posted:

what's his problem with state actors? I think Ken marino should have all the resources he wants

quick, get him something to dip his balls in!

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

explosivo posted:

the cast of a semi-popular sketch comedy show on MTV in the 90''s and early 00's. e.g. Michael Ian Black or Ken Marino. they all work for Ukrainian intelligence now

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
I'm out of here maaaaaaaan

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

lol just diving right into Ukrainian spies making community notes on Twitter this morning instead of addressing the fact that he gave birth to a woke AI

edit: lindayax is a good account name, because it very thoroughly summarizes what you're about to read.

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Dec 10, 2023

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

e: oops

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away
More like vox populi, vox duh amirite?

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Fat Albert in a can posted:

More like vox populi, vox duh amirite?

From Reynolds onwards English political use of the phrase was favorable, not referencing an alternative context of the usage by Alcuin (c. 735 – 804) who in a letter advised the emperor Charlemagne to resist such a dangerous democratic idea on the grounds that "the riotousness of the crowd is always very close to madness"

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Came here to lol at the smartest richest bestest man on earth unironically pulling the “lol I trolled u” puppetmaster defense

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost
Lol that Musk's third rate "AI we have at home" AI is still functional enough to tear apart his dumb statements.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Hazo posted:

Came here to lol at the smartest richest bestest man on earth unironically pulling the “lol I trolled u” puppetmaster defense

Welcome to the Honeypot, sheeple

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

he's so loving stupid and pathetic it boggles the mind

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Musk may have lost Disney, but thankfully he has quality advertisers like this now

https://twitter.com/no_goblins/status/1733868891703500838?s=46&t=BHs6Pl38GJXGN2Y4xeriNA

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

ben shapino posted:

no, it didn't work

it basically sometimes works and sometimes doesn't, the problem is on twitter's side, just post screenshots and include the post it's replying to or else it's basically not going to work like half the time

Yes it did work:

On the android app the embeds have never worked for x.com. On my browser I see both, on my phone I see one. I go back pages and every time I see an embed it is twitter.com, every time I don't it is x.com.

When there's a twitter issue the twitter ones also break. There's also issues with certain browsers/extensions/ad blockers breaking stuff too. I assume you're in the latter camp if it didn't work for you.

Screenshots would be best of course but I think that is too much effort for the average goon.

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

gschmidl posted:

From Reynolds onwards English political use of the phrase was favorable, not referencing an alternative context of the usage by Alcuin (c. 735 – 804) who in a letter advised the emperor Charlemagne to resist such a dangerous democratic idea on the grounds that "the riotousness of the crowd is always very close to madness"

Is there nothing Dennis Reynolds can’t do? Impressive.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
https://twitter.com/stevanzetti/status/1733894474281914713?s=46&t=G1x8XWIwrNxUQoXItlkh2w

Good thing we care more about freeze peach than money, eh Elon?

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Further Reading posted:

Yes it did work:

On the android app the embeds have never worked for x.com. On my browser I see both, on my phone I see one. I go back pages and every time I see an embed it is twitter.com, every time I don't it is x.com.

When there's a twitter issue the twitter ones also break. There's also issues with certain browsers/extensions/ad blockers breaking stuff too. I assume you're in the latter camp if it didn't work for you.

Screenshots would be best of course but I think that is too much effort for the average goon.

the embed doesn't work for me but others do, they intermittently work or don't work

i have nothing blocking them

this is in web browser, not the app

it just doesn't work sometimes. screenshots are the only reliable method.

freemandela
Apr 18, 2007

poisonpill posted:

X, the everyfash app

Hey, I still don’t get the shrimp scampi story. Like, why was she crying? What was so overwhelming to Yacc about the shrimp?

i think it's a joke about being italian, but i might be projecting

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Well that’s some interesting messaging there

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

linda self-ownarino

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Lol this poo poo is toast. She can’t even #sports

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

True comedy genius, Elon's not gonna like that

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
You can tell we're very smart because we reply with one or fewer words

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

I heard elon is cool but im not seeing any of his posts that are cool. Who should i contact to get cool elon posts

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

pillsburysoldier posted:

I heard elon is cool but im not seeing any of his posts that are cool. Who should i contact to get cool elon posts

you have to subscribe to him for the hidden cool posts (sidenote, is subscriptions even still a thing? I remember he made a big deal out of it when he rolled it out but I haven't heard anything about it since)

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

E the Shaggy posted:

Here is a picture of him being told he will be arrested:

In Soviet Russia, Christmas steal Grinch.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Steadiman posted:

you have to subscribe to him for the hidden cool posts (sidenote, is subscriptions even still a thing? I remember he made a big deal out of it when he rolled it out but I haven't heard anything about it since)
Yes it’s there

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

it's beautiful

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I don't think you're meant to confirm your company is dying if you're the CEO of it Linda...

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

MrQwerty posted:

it's beautiful

Exactly

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

eXactly

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

ben shapino posted:

he's so loving stupid and pathetic it boggles the mind

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe

Unkempt posted:

Does 'Yaccarino' rhyme with 'wino'? I think it probably does.

late, but Yaccavino

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Cognaccarino