Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Steadiman posted:

That space like a pisspot to me
they're both yellow so i understand your mistake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaylor Moon
Apr 6, 2005

Gender? I hardly know'er
Lol so Twitter is essentially entirely a right-wing echo chamber, as someone already mentioned itt and god when this all inevitably implodes it's of course going to be framed as HnnGGGhh aN aTtAcK oN FrEeZe PeACh hnNnGHh why am I being censored waaahhh We've seen this time and time again with these chuds and I can guarantee that's how it's going to go.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Tai posted:

lmao alex jones sounds like a oval office as well as being one.

If you’re gonna probe him for this, probate me too

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Strong Sauce posted:

i just learned that the gear select for the cybertruck is up where the rear view mirror would be on a normal car.

He's so obsessed with not having buttons on the dash. Odd that it isn't in the tablet like their other cars though.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

FlamingLiberal posted:

Musk may have lost Disney, but thankfully he has quality advertisers like this now

https://twitter.com/no_goblins/status/1733868891703500838?s=46&t=BHs6Pl38GJXGN2Y4xeriNA

Sorry it's out of stock, the IDF bought them all

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Spermjacking... based?
:thunk:

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

MrQwerty posted:

Spermjacking... based?
:thunk:

If it makes more white babies, Elon is all for it

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Didn’t someone try to do that to Drake for the potential child support cash in?

Probably happens a lot to certain rich celebs

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

All happening in SSpaces on 卐, the Everything App.

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
This will surely bring back advertisers

Lol and I may go as far as lmao

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

Sir Tonk posted:

He's so obsessed with not having buttons on the dash. Odd that it isn't in the tablet like their other cars though.

You know how pilots reach up to flick a few buttons stored above the window when starting up the plane? Which is repeated in a bunch of sci-fi like firefly/the expanse and also sometimes in fancy future cars?

I bet Elon thinks that looks really cool and thus is the ideal UX for any vehicle.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
shame you can't bomb a twitter space

jazzyjay
Sep 11, 2003

PULL OVER
Apparently Sylvester Stallone was so worried about getting his sperm stolen that, after pulling out, he would immediately run to the bathroom, flush the condom and wash off.

Source: a friend who slept with him in 1996 when he opened Planet Hollywood Sydney.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Further Reading posted:

You know how pilots sit in a plane and reach up to flick a few buttons stored above the window when starting up the plane? Which is repeated in a bunch of sci-fi like firefly/the expanse and also sometimes in fancy future cars?

I bet Elon thinks that looks really cool and thus is the ideal UX for any vehicle.

Which is weird because the design is specifically so that most of the overhead never needs to be touched during the actual flight, since reaching above you is more cumbersome and distracting than reaching down or in front of you. That’s why it’s mostly just for setting up electrical, hydraulics, lights, and air distribution. Mostly stuff you don’t need to adjust a lot once it’s set, and this gets it out of the way of the more frequently used buttons and knobs.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

jazzyjay posted:

Apparently Sylvester Stallone was so worried about getting his sperm stolen that, after pulling out, he would immediately run to the bathroom, flush the condom and wash off.

Source: a friend who slept with him in 1996 when he opened Planet Hollywood Sydney.

How’d she rate him

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

oh yeah and Vivek took a piss with a hot mic

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

kazil posted:

He ripped a fat piss and Elon was like "masterful gambit sir!!!"

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

silly sevens

kazil posted:

It all happens on X

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

lmao what a couple of simpletons

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

kazil posted:

The moment he truly became presidential material

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Steadiman posted:

Which is weird because the design is specifically so that most of the overhead never needs to be touched during the actual flight, since reaching above you is more cumbersome and distracting than reaching down or in front of you. That’s why it’s mostly just for setting up electrical, hydraulics, lights, and air distribution. Mostly stuff you don’t need to adjust a lot once it’s set, and this gets it out of the way of the more frequently used buttons and knobs.

cybertruck will receive ota update that moves steering control to overhead touch panels

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Captain Hygiene posted:

The moment he truly became presidential material

The voters need to know if his dickname is on Jumbo’s level.

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

Steadiman posted:

Yeah you're putting more thought into UX than Elon.

A great way to understand what drives his poor UX decisions is he assumes that technology depicted in fiction is fully realised. So in firefly they have Wash reaching up and flipping switches or looking off to some screen pushing buttons in an action sequence because having him move and interact with the set makes the scene more exciting. In reality you would never design vehicle controls like that for the exact reasons you say.

Its like if that scene from NCIS where two computer techs share a keyboard was sent back in time to the people designing the first computers and they were like "okay I guess we need to make it so two people can interface with a computer using the same keyboard at the same time" and spent ages making systems that require it because this apparent vision of the future demonstrated people using it this way.

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

Maybe you should elect Grok as the next POTUS

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

And you know it's true because why would Joe Rogan 4 Kidz and The Hospital Bomber ever lie to you?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Further Reading posted:

A great way to understand what drives his poor UX decisions is he assumes that technology depicted in fiction is fully realised. So in firefly they have Wash reaching up and flipping switches or looking off to some screen pushing buttons in an action sequence because having him move and interact with the set makes the scene more exciting. In reality you would never design vehicle controls like that for the exact reasons you say.

Funny story about that,

https://i.imgur.com/GCu50Zw.mp4

Gherkin Jerkin
Jan 22, 2006

With great power, comes great crunchability...
Hey, we haven't had a CybertruKKK update in awhile. I wonder how things ar...

Musk Fanboys Melt Down After Ralph Nader-Founded Car Safety Group Trashes Cybertruck

https://twitter.com/Ctr4AutoSafety/status/1732787648278700328

Oh no! Let's see. What do we got?

Rolling Stone posted:

While the post didn’t specify why the truck could pose a particular hazard, other car safety experts have said that its stiff, stainless-steel panels could contribute to additional damage in collisions with pedestrians, cyclists, and other vehicles. (At the Cybertruck delivery event last month, Musk told prospective owners, “If you have an argument with another car, you will win.”) The truck is currently not available in the European Union due in part to regulatory issues, and a Tesla vice president has confirmed it’s unlikely to ever be sold in that market.

Well that's not good! How did others respond?

https://twitter.com/HaderBryan/status/1732899707448426587

:hmmyes:

https://twitter.com/Shane_Partlow/status/1732885531460042943

He's right.

Hmmm... Let's have Grok weigh in.

https://twitter.com/RabidMonkies/status/1733152848974876855

Yeah, torch his rear end Grok!

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Because those people tend to be Nazis.

Next question.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

kazil posted:

https://twitter.com/unlimited_ls/status/1733959691087016216

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

silly sevens

Speedom of freech

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Lmao they have PROOF

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Further Reading posted:

You know how pilots reach up to flick a few buttons stored above the window when starting up the plane? Which is repeated in a bunch of sci-fi like firefly/the expanse and also sometimes in fancy future cars?

I guarantee it's because Musk watched Knight Rider as a kid.

KITT: Michael, Devon's calling.
Michael: [pushes buttons on the ceiling for some reason] Yo, Devon!

Actually, probably the entire reason Musk bought his way into Tesla was because he watched Knight Rider as a kid.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Hazo posted:

Lmao they have PROOF

Looking into it

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

RIP Grok you flew too close to the sun ☹️

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
WaPo has an article today on the various dangers of Tesla Autopilot. Mostly stuff we already knew, but it does note that Ford and GM use much more detailed maps to geofence where self driving can be used. Tesla has resisted any kind of restrictions and uses poorer quality maps.

Also this:

quote:

Over the years, NTSB has repeatedly called on NHTSA to rein in Autopilot. It also has urged the company to act, but Homendy said Tesla has been uniquely difficult to deal with when it comes to safety recommendations.
Tesla CEO Elon Musk once hung up on former NTSB chair Robert Sumwalt, said the former chief, who retired from the agency in 2021 when Homendy took over.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Krispy Wafer posted:

WaPo has an article today on the various dangers of Tesla Autopilot. Mostly stuff we already knew, but it does note that Ford and GM use much more detailed maps to geofence where self driving can be used. Tesla has resisted any kind of restrictions and uses poorer quality maps.

Also this:

This is so frustrating because he is legitimately making the roads more dangerous. Compliance isn’t optional; why don’t these worthless agencies that over regulate everything forever DO SOMETHING

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

poisonpill posted:

This is so frustrating because he is legitimately making the roads more dangerous. Compliance isn’t optional; why don’t these worthless agencies that over regulate everything forever DO SOMETHING

Cars hardly kill anyone. The flu does worse in some years.

I’m surprised that they haven’t dismantled NHTSA already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Platystemon posted:

Cars hardly kill anyone. The flu does worse in some years.

I’m surprised that they haven’t dismantled NHTSA already.

Predicting zero new car accidents by April