Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

britishbornandbread posted:

Not really, mate. No.

My wife and I have come home from the pub with a curry and we are watching Mania 30 whilst having a grand old time. When you want to enjoy it, it’s fun.

Are you telling your curry wife about all the libs you're pwning or whatever is happening here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

The British are known to be a humorless people

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

When you want to enjoy it, it’s fun.

I guess it being fun for its own sake is too much to ask for. Sorry for you and your wife's lovely options, but then again you do live in England.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

projecthalaxy posted:

Are you telling your curry wife about all the libs you're pwning or whatever is happening here

I’m not trying to “own” anyone at all or trying to be a dick to anyone. I’m actually just trying to talk about the graps, and this forum/Punk.

I’m clearly backing a losing horse here, so I’m gonna bow out.

johncraig
Jul 26, 2023
lol at curry (wife) man

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I am angry. I'm going to read the last two pages now and look for some advice.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cavauro posted:

I am angry. I'm going to read the last two pages now and look for some advice.

congrats on your big win last night

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Feeling good now. check me out

Quantum of Phallus posted:

congrats on your big win last night

ty

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

wanna feel old? that little girl is ronda rousey

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Cavauro posted:

Feeling good now. check me out

ty

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Fish Of Doom posted:

It's especially puzzling when we now know what the rest of this year now looked like. Was anything made better by Roman being champ?

Yeah I mean, Cody touring as the champ would probably bring in more money than Roman who never tours. And like, this is self-inflicted. They're choosing to keep Roman at home for months at a time for ???

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah I mean, Cody touring as the champ would probably bring in more money than Roman who never tours. And like, this is self-inflicted. They're choosing to keep Roman at home for months at a time for ???

Really unclear. Inertia?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Has anything come out about what Roman is actually doing in his time away from WWE? The last time I remember things having been this quiet around a dude, it was Bray Wyatt, and it was actually the right thing to do. I hope Roman is in good health.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I thought Romans contract had allowed him to take so much time off.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It’s like how WWE used to be really good at making you want a match by not giving you the match just yet, if they keep Roman off TV long enough people will be white hot for his return

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I don’t watch either product weekly. It’d be a waste of time.

Watch more. Post less.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Open Marriage Night posted:

Watch more. Post less.

That’s a fate worse than death

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Cody touring as the champ

maybe if he stayed in the bingo hall fed, brother

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

the last thing this place needs is more dorks who only pop in to contribute “you people” promos

I can't believe you people promos exist in real life but they do and its silly

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Everyone who posts things I don’t like is definitely foaming at the mouth mad about whatever it is

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

faantastic posted:

I like the bit where everyone shits on the Fed but seemingly forgets there target audience is children and not dudes who actually pay attention. It's mostly a very funny thread.

Tho if Cody doesn't win THIS WrestleMania, I'm done.

I dunno if this has changed in recent years but I thought it was interesting that WWE's audience used to skew really old. Elderly old, not middle-aged or 30s or whatever. I think this was even when their merch sales were all children with 200 different color Cena shirts.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
There was a Cody clue in today's Atlantic crossword so I guess he's hit the big time!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

We don't tolerate encouraging others to commit acts of self-harm here :colbert:

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Cody had an interaction with Punk on whatever show he’s in and was like “in order to achieve your goal and finish YOUR story you’d have to be in the rumble and win it for a shot at Wrestlemania, like I just announced my intentions to do, right? “

Hmm, interesting.

And Orton/LA knight get the best crowd reactions.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Chinston Wurchill posted:

There was a Cody clue in today's Atlantic crossword so I guess he's hit the big time!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I've been posting too much off topic in the WWE thread. To stick to my brand, allow me to go back to this old chestnut:

Slapjack

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Was it Loser?

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

"I'm not owned! I'm not owned!" i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into the big dog

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

dromal phrenia posted:

I dunno if this has changed in recent years but I thought it was interesting that WWE's audience used to skew really old. Elderly old, not middle-aged or 30s or whatever. I think this was even when their merch sales were all children with 200 different color Cena shirts.

That is honestly really surprising, I started watching a year ago cause my 10-ish year old nephews were getting into it so I kinda assumed that their entire focus was kids under 13. I've had a lot of fun watching the PLEs/PPVs for both companies but don't care enough to watch more than that a month unless someones pushing a very cool headline.

Am I missing something or is there really no PLE/PPV between now and the rumble? :|

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

Majinfoose posted:

Was it Loser?

lol

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

:discourse:

Finish. The. Crossword.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

dromal phrenia posted:

The latest study I could find is from Wrestlenomics citing Nielsen from February, where WWE's age was falling but still in the 40s:

https://twitter.com/wrestlenomics/s...ghtmode%3Dfalse

It makes a certain amount of sense. Those 10 year olds aren't driving themselves to shows or usually buying their shirts

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://x.com/baroncorbinwwe/status/1733994764716970175?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

The_Rob posted:

Since when has wwe ever given a poo poo about ring work.

This is what is baffling me about Jade not doing anything in WWE yet.

Coz sure, she may not be able to have a 5 star tear the roof off match with your Becky Lynch/Asuka/Charlotte yet.

But all they need to do is have her walk out, look like a star, beat up some jobber quickly and do a cool power move or 2. Then look like a star getting her hand raised, all while commentary puts over how awesome and good she is and why the WWE audience should care and love her.

Bingo bango, she is a huge star, and mediocre ring work be damned, so long as she looks at the camera, all is good.

But instead, they waste all the "superstar" energy and charisma she has, by having he shake hands with people backstage. And not even in skits or vignettes or anything.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
It never fails to make me chuckle, that people think WWE signed Jade to actually have her do stuff, instead of "ha ha, now AEW can't have her :smuggo:"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I mean…it makes sense. AEW probably has a certain number of fans tuning in to specifically watch Stings farewell tour featuring ric flair or the Edge/Christian feud but the younger crowd may look and see a feud ending in Adam Page drinking his opponents blood and just not tune in for the fantastic matches…or they just don’t have time to pick and choose between all the shows