Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I mean I see what you mean but I'm willing to Respect Their Privacy and see where the return angle goes before I'd go as far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Young Bucks are in WWE?

nah but they should have gone, they clearly don’t give a poo poo about lifting up an alternative to it

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

nah but they should have gone, they clearly don’t give a poo poo about lifting up an alternative to it

I mean it seems like they’re starting a whole character shift right now, and hell they’ve been working pretty nonstop since the start of AEW maybe they just want a little break at this current moment.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Okada also likes those quick DDTs outside the ring

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

The_Rob posted:

I mean it seems like they’re starting a whole character shift right now, and hell they’ve been working pretty nonstop since the start of AEW maybe they just want a little break at this current moment.

He just doesn't want to Respect Their Privacy. Sad

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

He just doesn't want to Respect Their Privacy. Sad

of course he doesnt, hes nick hausman irl

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
I miss the AEW where wrestlers didn't lost in their home town

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

fez_machine posted:

I miss the AEW where wrestlers didn't lost in their home town

Let's not get too crazy here, Menard and Parker are prelim wrestlers. I have a hard time seeing, even in peak AEW, them getting a match in Montreal where they just go out and beat a pushed act.

Like, what's better for them, going out and having a decent match on Collision that gets decent time against a pushed act like Penta and Kommander where they get their big pop, fight hard and lose or going out and having a 5 minute match on RoH against Serpentico or whatever.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

MJeff posted:

Let's not get too crazy here, Menard and Parker are prelim wrestlers. I have a hard time seeing, even in peak AEW, them getting a match in Montreal where they just go out and beat a pushed act.

Like, what's better for them, going out and having a decent match on Collision that gets decent time against a pushed act like Penta and Kommander where they get their big pop, fight hard and lose or going out and having a 5 minute match on RoH against Serpentico or whatever.

I think it's a flaw of Tony's booking style at the moment that a home town over midcard team can't pin a pushed act. Especially, since we're talking about Kommander who's still getting his reps in.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Penta should not be losing to Daddy Magic and we got a loving rad match out of it. And Penta and Kommander didn't even antagonize the crowd for heeeeeaaaaat! It was good

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Penta should not be losing to Daddy Magic

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Saddy Tragic 😔

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
2.0 had a pretty good AEW run for a team that felt like they peaked already in like 2010, idk what else you want to do with them besides an ROH tag title run or something after the MJF stuff is finally over

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Saddy Tragic 😔

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

fez_machine posted:

I think it's a flaw of Tony's booking style at the moment that a home town over midcard team can't pin a pushed act. Especially, since we're talking about Kommander who's still getting his reps in.

Menard and Parker are not a midcard team. They're prelim job guys.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The wrestlers now smarten up their family and loved ones so the hometown win isn't a big deal. A lot of jobbers actually prefer being pinned in their hometowns so that their family can really watch them practice their craft.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Gumball Gumption posted:

The wrestlers now smarten up their family and loved ones so the hometown win isn't a big deal. A lot of jobbers actually prefer being pinned in their hometowns so that their family can really watch them practice their craft.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

2.0 I think would be an awesome babyface tag team and could go on a good run, they've just never been used well, and the current "Cool Hand Ang" and "Daddy Magic" stuff needs to go, especially since those names represent their time under Jericho, which is over. They cut great promos when given the time and I'd like to see them feud with Ricky and Bill

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Cool hand ang has always been a stupid as gently caress name but Daddy Magic is a GOAT tier name and should be kept forever

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Time for them to go back as Jagged and Shane Matthews.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i would like someone to be called JAG Ed. just a guy, ed. gently caress AEW

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

To be fair, this was him getting his win back from Brodie by pwning his kid on purpose

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

projecthalaxy posted:

To be fair, this was him getting his win back from Brodie by pwning his kid on purpose
gently caress lol

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

Tampa Bae posted:

2.0 had a pretty good AEW run for a team that felt like they peaked already in like 2010, idk what else you want to do with them besides an ROH tag title run or something after the MJF stuff is finally over

the mjf stuff will never be over, sorry.

projecthalaxy posted:

lol

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Sisal Two-Step posted:

the mjf stuff will never be over

no fuckin kidding

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Sisal Two-Step posted:

the mjf stuff will never be over, sorry.

In more ways than one.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

:thejoke:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The MJF stuff is bad so it's never getting over and also it's never ending and also it can't fly

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

every time cm punk is the top drawing segment on an episode of wwe television, jack perry should be suspended for an additional 3 months

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://x.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1734648014193467815?s=20

If what i’m hearing is true… poor AEW…

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Can't believe punk is buying turner smh

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I assume that just means USA is gonna pay up for Raw too.

If it means WBD is about to get Raw, then, uh, Jesus fuckin' Christ.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MJeff posted:

Hangman and Jack Perry are about to become infamous in the wrestling industry, perhaps not for the reasons they were hoping for

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Hangman and Jack Perry are about to become infamous in the wrestling industry, perhaps not for the reasons they were hoping for

Grats2You...

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

If I were Tony I would be putting Bungle Boy Hack Perry on the rocket to the sun from that one Treehouse of Horror

https://youtu.be/erQYyiHDzDg?si=ZHj7_bj9rUojrDzx

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Turns out he was Half a Bil Phil with Zaslav… just not with AEW…

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

MJeff posted:

Phil sucks more poo poo than anyone could have realized

Destroy his cock and balls at your own peril

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It's so bizarre how this has gone.

Punk fired: People celebrating because bad man finally gone.
Punk goes to WWE: This is an embarassing L for AEW.
Punk on Raw: Oh, nevermind, he's cooked.
Today: AEW might be loving dead*.

* I know it's more complicated than that, if you try to Meltzersplain me, I'll kill you.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I guess punk was a literal cancer lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MJeff posted:

It's so bizarre how this has gone.

Punk fired: People celebrating because bad man finally gone.
Punk goes to WWE: This is an embarassing L for AEW.
Punk on Raw: Oh, nevermind, he's cooked.
Today: AEW might be loving dead*.

* I know it's more complicated than that, if you try to Meltzersplain me, I'll kill you.

i knew from the moment he was fired that it was the beginning of the end. sad that our one shot at an alternative was blown by some empty headed fucks.

hopefully I'll be alive in 25 years the next time this opportunity comes along