Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

I didn’t know he had dozens of friends that changes everything

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
lmao

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Now this is investigative work I can get behind thanks for subjecting yourself 16bbh

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
your welcome terminator 1 correct opinion haver

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Isn't Karl Jobst friends with Nazis?

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

yes

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I think it's less of having favorite genres or styles of games is that Bethesda keeps releasing the same game but often slightly less impressive or even complete than the last one. Starfield being the new hotness of same jank but removed all the stuff you liked from these games. That game is a wonder of bad design and I think the postmortem on that project will be an incredibly insightful and entertaining read.

I would love a lot more games to copy wholesale the Gothic games and Way of the Samurai. Those are two unappreciated gems with different kinds of jank but extremely fun gameplay. (some do but always add something like survival mechanics or somesuch nonsense that utterly kills any kind of fun I would have with it)

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
for some reason the golden eye speedrunning community is filled with racists

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

for some reason the golden eye speedrunning community is filled with racists

I blame the inclusion and hitbox of oddjob

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Jimbot posted:

I think it's less of having favorite genres or styles of games is that Bethesda keeps releasing the same game but often slightly less impressive or even complete than the last one. Starfield being the new hotness of same jank but removed all the stuff you liked from these games. That game is a wonder of bad design and I think the postmortem on that project will be an incredibly insightful and entertaining read.

I would love a lot more games to copy wholesale the Gothic games and Way of the Samurai. Those are two unappreciated gems with different kinds of jank but extremely fun gameplay. (some do but always add something like survival mechanics or somesuch nonsense that utterly kills any kind of fun I would have with it)

Way of the Samurai 1 is God's Perfect Video Game

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Famethrowa posted:

the best space simulator/exploration game remains Noctis IV CE, a solo game made by a reclusive italian furry

When NMS was announced, that was the first thing I thought of. Legit the only thing I didn't know was that he was a furry, but when I saw his website and saw FurrBall, yes, that's indeed a YERF-coded fursona.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Jimbot posted:

Yeah like, there's barely anything technically more impressive going on in Starfield vs FO3/4, but at least those games have a fun handcrafted sandbox for you to run around and explore that helps shore up the gameplay loop. Meanwhile, in Starfield it's the same boring and clunky loop, but now with a billion loading screens, barely any exploration, and copy pasted procgen content. It feels less cohesive to play than games Bethesda put out in the naughts, but somehow built on the same technology and still having all the same bugs. It is absolutely wild.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Sydin posted:

Yeah like, there's barely anything technically more impressive going on in Starfield vs FO3/4, but at least those games have a fun handcrafted sandbox for you to run around and explore that helps shore up the gameplay loop. Meanwhile, in Starfield it's the same boring and clunky loop, but now with a billion loading screens, barely any exploration, and copy pasted procgen content. It feels less cohesive to play than games Bethesda put out in the naughts, but somehow built on the same technology and still having all the same bugs. It is absolutely wild.

It's ok. You can bypass a lot of the loading screens by fast travelling!

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Starfield is a Mass Effect 1 that throws out that boring poo poo with Saren and the Reapers and instead focuses on the copy-paste sandbox levels people loved.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Starfield is a Mass Effect 1 that throws out that boring poo poo with Saren and the Reapers and instead focuses on the copy-paste sandbox levels people loved.

does it also throw out getting frisky with hot aliens

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

No.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
It threw out aliens alltogether from what I've heard.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Given how uncanny the character models are, they might as well be aliens.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
Larian, we need Arx Fatalis 2.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
Just give Larian the Mass Effect license

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Larian already has to reveal their final form in Icewind Dale, they can't do everything

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

your welcome terminator 1 correct opinion haver

Is the correct Terminator 1 opinion that it's the best Terminator movie? Because it is.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Everyone shut the gently caress up about bad video game and watch this

https://youtu.be/aIyLybKJH-U?si=O7Tanq3ytdo_64uU

Maru (the best cat on the internet) turned 15! He’s still a grumpy boy who loves boxes and I think that’s just wonderful.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

MacheteZombie posted:

Is the correct Terminator 1 opinion that it's the best Terminator movie? Because it is.

T1 is the best movie T2 has the best individual scenes Salvation has the most fun arcade game (boldly assuming a freeplay situation)

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Sardonik posted:

Just give Larian the Mass Effect license

This and also the KOTOR license and combine them into one game

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

DC Murderverse posted:

Maru (the best cat on the internet) turned 15! He’s still a grumpy boy who loves boxes and I think that’s just wonderful.

I am filled with joy that this strange cat has been doing so well into old age. I have been watching him since my first year of grad school many years ago.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

DC Murderverse posted:

Happy birthday Maru you're my new-old favorite boxer

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
i literally watch maru every day with my fiance. please can they make him immortal.

if you dont follow the MARUVERSE like us MARUHEADS there are two other cats in the family, hana and kitten miri. this year maru hissed at a monkey.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I miss cumlord the Pomeranian. Rip

fun hater
May 24, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7NTi02kSpw

UNHINGED and INSANE MARU CLAPS BACK at RUDE MONKEY

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

fun hater posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7NTi02kSpw

UNHINGED and INSANE MARU CLAPS BACK at RUDE MONKEY

Recording my reaction vid now

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Unperson_47 posted:

This and also the KOTOR license and combine them into one game

Only if they're allowed to call a mulligan on The Old Republic and act like it never happened so a Larian produced KOTOR 3 could take its place.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

you probably recognize uni from the internet but did you know his owner loves him so much and that uni is the strongest

https://m.youtube.com/@Unicouniuni3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1JIuzSvHbE

hes very bullish

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HALqLi5_RU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I've been watching manyu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQ1rq-M_OrQ

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Please don't tell me the hamster maze compilation channels are cancelled

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fprBaNH4sTs

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Grassy Knowles posted:

Please don't tell me the hamster maze compilation channels are cancelled

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fprBaNH4sTs

the hamsters are all doing unpaid labour, it's technically child slavery. definitely cancelled.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Most of that seems like stuff the hamster enjoys, but the rollers seem annoying as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

I AM GRANDO posted:

Most of that seems like stuff the hamster enjoys, but the rollers seem annoying as gently caress.
all of the rollers I've seen appear to be navigable without climbing if the hamster so chooses but i rarely see it choose to go around so either they enjoy it or they're not a great toy to provide them in the first place, and granted i have no idea which would be the answer.