Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

kw0134 posted:

There's probably as much radioactivity in your smoke detector.

So you're saying if I collect the sources from thousands of smoke detectors, possibly by fraudulently misrepresenting myself as a school or perhaps recycling company, I could produce a nuclear reactor or perhaps a superfund site?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yeah you can diy a purification setup and precipitate a visit from federal agents

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
The green energy we were promised

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
I pity the person who didn't get to experience half-life and fallout in their childhood. It was rad!

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
https://i.imgur.com/JF3GmI8.mp4

Ghost RIder visits Manning, SC

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/idnzGqu.mp4

hippo about to eat that fuckin boat

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Lookit that stupid ass-hole!

I would just use smaller wires personally

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

canyoneer posted:

The green energy we were promised

:hf:

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/BGjctfJ.mp4

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Kith posted:

Goddamn, and now I know where the imagery of sea serpents comes from. I've always seen hippos from the side, but from the front with just the face? Utterly terrifying.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

It's weird, right? Like an exact split between derpy and terrifying.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

when their mouth is closed you're all "aww they have a permanent :3 face"

and then they open their mouth and you're like "oh. oh dear. i am now in Mortal Danger."

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Kith posted:

and then they open their mouth and you're like "oh. oh dear. i am now in Mortal Danger."

"where the deuce did those swords come from?"

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Kith posted:

:hmmyes: its mouth is full of tusks

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

it is not

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Now I'm spending 3 or 4 watches trying to spot the toolgifs logo. :(

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Dirk the Average posted:

Goddamn, and now I know where the imagery of sea serpents comes from. I've always seen hippos from the side, but from the front with just the face? Utterly terrifying.

Important to remember that hippos cannot swim or float, so when they are quickly chasing after a boat they are running along the waterbed after it.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Every time you look at a body of water? There could be a hippo down there, you'd never know.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/jtjMasr.mp4

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

that's just a toddy rod

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

The Devil's Own Sounding Rod

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Important to remember that hippos cannot swim or float, so when they are quickly chasing after a boat they are running along the waterbed after it.

If they do float, you can use the cow trick to your advantage.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
Before the hole opened up, there was just the "big rear end" sign.

St_Ides
May 19, 2008
I've cooked hot dogs using a hot air balloon burner.

Cooks them in like 5 seconds, but it sucks because it uses so much propane that the odorant gets in to the meat. Makes for a gross hotdog.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

drat...now I kinda want hot dogs for dinner.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Kith posted:

Hippos kill literally thousands of people every year. They might be the deadliest large animal to humans.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

The Management posted:

Hippos kill literally thousands of people every year. They might be the deadliest large animal to humans.

That’s cattle.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

Every time you look at a body of water? There could be a hippo down there, you'd never know.

If you can't see the hippo, you might be the hippo. :tinfoil:

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Shooting Blanks posted:

drat...now I kinda want propane for dinner.

HolHorsejob
Mar 14, 2020

Portrait of Cheems II of Spain by Jabona Neftman, olo pint on fird

Kith posted:

some days you're the hippo, some day you're the balls

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I kind of wonder how Hippos kill like thousands of people a year. Like seriously thats such a ridiculous number.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Hollismason posted:

I kind of wonder how Hippos kill like thousands of people a year. Like seriously thats such a ridiculous number.

They have bros in Africa, too

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Hollismason posted:

It's because it is ridiculous. The top end actual estimates for death by hippo are 400-500 per year.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

It's because it is ridiculous. The top end actual estimates for death by hippo are 400-500 per year.

That's still ridiculously large.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I mean, it's large, but not crazy. Tons of communities are along the rivers of the hippos natural habitats, and so many people in those communites making their living in and on the rivers. 1.3 deaths per day. Even people well away from the rivers could be at risk, as hippos often travel far inland to raid farms for their crops.

Crocs, snakes, hell, even venomous snails kill vastly more per year than hippos.

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

And they're always hungry for more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

The Jungle posted:

In the pickling of hams they had an ingenious apparatus, by which they saved time and increased the capacity of the plant--a machine consisting of a hollow needle attached to a pump; by plunging this needle into the meat and working with his foot, a man could fill a ham with pickle in a few seconds. And yet, in spite of this, there would be hams found spoiled, some of them with an odor so bad that a man could hardly bear to be in the room with them. To pump into these the packers had a second and much stronger pickle which destroyed the odor--a process known to the workers as "giving them thirty per cent." Also, after the hams had been smoked, there would be found some that had gone to the bad. Formerly these had been sold as "Number Three Grade," but later on some ingenious person had hit upon a new device, and now they would extract the bone, about which the bad part generally lay, and insert in the hole a white-hot iron. After this invention there was no longer Number One, Two, and Three Grade--there was only Number One Grade.