Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

I said come in! posted:

I am so sorry to all Arabs, the things America has done in the middle east is unforgivable and we deserve our total destruction for it. Even back in 2001, when I was a teenager, I felt something was absolute bullshit about our quick call to war in Afghanistan and the way that whole thing was conducted.

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedSky
Oct 30, 2023
Dti tbh

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lol, may they never play another game

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

I said come in! posted:

I am so sorry to all Arabs, the things America has done in the middle east is unforgivable and we deserve our total destruction for it. Even back in 2001, when I was a teenager, I felt something was absolute bullshit about our quick call to war in Afghanistan and the way that whole thing was conducted.

I'd taken a class on American "diplomacy" in spring of 01 and boy did I have a lot to say about how we deserved 9/11 that strangely no one wanted to hear. I think I said "are we surprised?" within minutes of the second tower collapse. Turns out a lot of people WERE surprised!

2001-2006 was a hard time, but then in 2007 LF opened up so who's to say if the shameless inhumanity was good or bad. it was bad, i still see red every time I hear a country song

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I was going to express concern about Lloyd Austin apparently being hot tempered and determined to carry on a war, brow beating even members the ruling class over it,

https://x.com/JenGriffinFNC/status/1732900581105164302?s=20

But I don't want anyone to think I'm comparing him to Othello.

gaelach
Dec 5, 2023

Owlbear Camus posted:

https://x.com/ImGentleDamnit/status/1733705639522603264?s=20

what can you even say?

depraved. just a bottomless void of inhumanity

i feel this is what strikes me the most, just how utterly misanthropic ardent zionists seem. just utterly opposed to humanity in a way only the worst loyalists in the six counties were. disgusting knowing this is what “the civilised west” has based itself on

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022

Weka posted:

I figure you know this but for others, the Houthis didn't start the civil war, the internationally recognized government did when it killed the Houthi patriarch and tribal leader for peacefully expressing views like 'Yemen should not help America invade Iraq'.

Not who you were replying to but I certainly didn't know this. I didn't even realize how much the Houthis rocked until this war kicked off. I know very little about the events in Yemen aside from the US/Saudi bombing of them and their infrastructure. Is there a quick primer I can read somewhere?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/Protest_Rave/status/1733821922528591976

Pro Palestine rave at Shibuya is lit.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Life's tough. Enjoying electricity and internet as your government genocides people right outside your door.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

tie me to a missle and fire me at the chess club

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Crazypoops posted:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Crazypoops posted:

Ah yes the Tannison Gambit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2xNlzsnPCQ

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lmao, gonna start using this as a strat in Warhammer 40K matches

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

BONGHITZ posted:

a film so shocking you must be drugged to see it

So hear me out, we put it in theatres but you've got to sign a waiver to go in, we have someone dressed up as a nurse selling $1 million life insurance policies if you die of fright during the show, and we rig up electric buzzers under the seats to go off at all the scary bits.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The Israeli claim is that Hamas gave the hostages Klonopin.

and vitamins! Hamas vitamins!

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

I wish I was a pilled out hostage

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

its kind to give hostages k-pins honestly

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

imagine how stressful itd be without them

Orbis Tertius
Feb 13, 2007

Crazypoops posted:

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Horseshoe theory posted:

Seems like they're setting the precedent to destroy Rome given the Rape of the Sabine Women.

Brennus did nothing wrong!
Also, as an aside, the "rape" here is in the older meaning of 'the taking of something by force' and can probably be better translated as kidnapping. Same as 'rape and pillage'. The sexual rape is only implied and happens latter, the real wickedness as perceived (as I understand it) was a property crime.

Frosted Flake posted:

I was going to express concern about Lloyd Austin apparently being hot tempered and determined to carry on a war, brow beating even members the ruling class over it,
But I don't want anyone to think I'm comparing him to Othello.

Othello was a Moor! Read a book!

BearsBearsBears posted:

Not who you were replying to but I certainly didn't know this. I didn't even realize how much the Houthis rocked until this war kicked off. I know very little about the events in Yemen aside from the US/Saudi bombing of them and their infrastructure. Is there a quick primer I can read somewhere?

Honestly I learned that from wikipedia, which as much as it's rightfully maligned, I think is usually OK for a quick overview if you are aware of it's biases.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

500excf type r posted:

Any criticism of Israel is an antisemitic trope

Supporting Israel? Huge antisemitic trope

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord
believing that you and your fellow jews belong wherever they happen to be, intermingling with other peoples and faiths? thats antisemitism. the only correct moral choice is to round them up and ship them Somewhere Else so the gentiles never have to see you again

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord
i will remain jewish when the last israeli is finally lowered into their piss soaked grave

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The Israeli claim is that Hamas gave the hostages Klonopin.

Pretty cool of them to stock emergency anxiety drugs for hostages to be honest

I don't know if id want to be in that situation without chemical assistance tbh

Mia Wasikowska posted:

imagine how stressful itd be without them

Exactly! Like holy poo poo lmao

Engorged Pedipalps has issued a correction as of 03:45 on Dec 11, 2023

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the sabine women were told that if they were chill about marrying their kidnappers they'd be given some form of rights which they did not have under their current patriarchal regime back home and then supposedly this was super enticing and the women were like yes thank you i love being here suddenly.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

Dysentery diarrhea doo doo rear end has been a historical problem for the IDF.

https://twitter.com/KlonnyPin_Gosch/status/1731683546119414126?s=20

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I was 4500 posts behind, how are things looking now?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
see the post above: IDF are a lovely army

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

MonsieurChoc posted:

I was 4500 posts behind, how are things looking now?

IDF are on the back foot. Hamas has nearly completed their encirclement of Tel Aviv. Some alarming reports from Netanyahu's bunker.

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Dysentery diarrhea doo doo rear end has been a historical problem for the IDF.

https://twitter.com/KlonnyPin_Gosch/status/1731683546119414126?s=20

Given the level of competence on display with every other aspect of the israeli war machine, I would not be surprised to learn that these guys are just rolling around in their tanks eating off the same unrefrigerated food for days on end

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Real Mean Queen posted:

Given the level of competence on display with every other aspect of the israeli war machine, I would not be surprised to learn that these guys are just rolling around in their tanks eating off the same unrefrigerated food for days on end

they're getting hosed from poor latrine protocol

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

Pretty cool of them to stock emergency anxiety drugs for hostages to be honest

I don't know if id want to be in that situation without chemical assistance tbh

Exactly! Like holy poo poo lmao

what the gently caress are you on about

the normal folks in Gaza sure as gently caress aren't getting any k-pins for their anxiety of being bombed, don't role-play yourself as a hostage its gross as gently caress

Burn Zone has issued a correction as of 04:13 on Dec 11, 2023

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

aren't the idf constantly smearing poo poo on the walls of the buildings they overrun? they're getting dysentery because they're all disgusting scat play freaks

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

digging latrines is manual labor that the IDF is just not gonna do

Griz
May 21, 2001

i say swears online posted:

also they keep filming videos of themselves making GBS threads in elementary schools and houses and smearing it on the walls, and oops there's no water or supply in gaza so they all get diseases from not being able to wash their own poo poo off their hands

DTI
DTA

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Real hurthling! posted:

the sabine women were told that if they were chill about marrying their kidnappers they'd be given some form of rights which they did not have under their current patriarchal regime back home and then supposedly this was super enticing and the women were like yes thank you i love being here suddenly.

wow can't believe the Romans invented Stockholm Syndrome

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

i say swears online posted:

That too. It seems like the running theme is that nobody knows how to do anything, combined with nobody wanting to do grunt work because they're all colonels. So it's kinda "of course I can poo poo here, I already am" combined with "well if I wasn't supposed to eat this then why isn't somebody cooking new food for me," just boundless stupidity and arrogance in a situation that doesn't have a lot of room for either

loving up the water supply probably isn't helping much

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Burn Zone posted:

what the gently caress are you on about

the normal folks in Gaza sure as gently caress aren't getting any k-pins for their anxiety of being bombed, don't role-play yourself as a hostage its gross as gently caress

They're making fun of the extremely stupid Israeli lie that released Israeli hostages only appeared so cheerful because Hamas drugged them, by saying they too would like some of this imaginary drug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

HazCat posted:

They're making fun of the extremely stupid Israeli lie that released Israeli hostages only appeared so cheerful because Hamas drugged them, by saying they too would like some of this imaginary drug.

I just like drugs personally