Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Each of these humiliating defeats will probably be better than what’s gonna happen to the titans defense tomorrow night

Probably, but counterpoint, we win it for Wycheck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

EvilBeard posted:

Nothing went right for the Colts. Dumbass mistakes, bad officiating, poor tackling, missed kicks. Just everything. Maybe they get all the trash out in this game and we'll only have to fight through Minshew being rear end.

I'm still pissed about that Nelson hold that negated a TD. Not that the Colts would've won, but it'd been a one score game.

Them calling that soft rear end hold while ignoring the blatant block in the back on the screen the Bengals scored their first TD on pisses me off to no end. The refs are loving trash. Either they're corrupt or they're bad and neither is a good thing.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
loving Joe Flacco outplayed Lawrence today.

I know he was banged up and facing a nasty defense but I think we're about at the point where we need to talk about this "generational talent" who was being compared to Elway coming out of Clemson and look at what he does on the field; a lot of which is fumble a lot and throw picks. The Jags' 8-5 record this year can largely be credited to the defense and I honestly can't remember the last time I watched Trevor and truly got "wowed" the way that Josh Allen, Mahomes, Burrow, Jackson, Hurts and even guys like Russell Wilson or Dak Prescott showed me with a similar sample size.

The only game I can really recall where Lawrence was genuinely The DIfference was last year's playoff game vs SD and, even in that one, he was the REASON they were down 27-0 in the loving first place. Almost 3 years in and he looks more like Kirk Cousins or maybe Matt Stafford than John Elway and his stats back this perception up. He seems to get a pass on criticism too, I assume based on his draft status, but the idea of him ever becoming truly elite increasingly seems like a long shot.

He's not even really passing the eye test anymore because 3 or 5 times a game he misses an open guy or throws an ill-advised pass into tight coverage. He's good but he doesn't seem like a game changer to me. I'm not ready to call him a "bust" but I don't see a future Hall of Famer here either.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Metapod posted:

I love it and hope it cascades into more pain for the jags
Rude!

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

We all float down here.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Mega64 posted:

On the bright side we're currently at the 6th overall pick.

I think 6 is where we end up tbh. I think we take the home game against Houston and lose out otherwise

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Tankathon has the Titans going
1) Brock Bowers - TE
2) Jordan Morgan - OT

Which bothers me becuase Morgan doesn't crack their top 5 OTs. Maybe I'm putting too much importance on a high rated OT given Isaiah Wilson though.

e: Really wishing we had a third round pick...

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Colts are very bad at football

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
The AFC South is worse than the NFC South

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Intruder posted:

The AFC South is worse than the NFC South

You clearly haven't watched enough NFCS games.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Soul Glo posted:

Tankathon has the Titans going
1) Brock Bowers - TE
2) Jordan Morgan - OT

Which bothers me becuase Morgan doesn't crack their top 5 OTs. Maybe I'm putting too much importance on a high rated OT given Isaiah Wilson though.

e: Really wishing we had a third round pick...

The Titans absolutely do not need a tight end with their first round pick, I don’t care how good bowers is. Alt, fashanu, and MHJ would all have to be off the board. Which I guess is feasible but gently caress that.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

The Titans absolutely do not need a tight end with their first round pick, I don’t care how good bowers is. Alt, fashanu, and MHJ would all have to be off the board. Which I guess is feasible but gently caress that.

Tankathon has some sort of FORMULA based on talent available vs positional need, but who knows how they weigh them. FWIW, they have both Alt and Fashanu (and MHJ) off the board by 6, so Giants or Commies need to win some games down the stretch.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
If they take a pass catcher it better be a wr lol

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

oh what the gently caress, I'm sorry to his family as my posting probably caused his fall :(

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I've come around to bowers being the pick but only if a wr is taken in the 2nd or 3rd

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

If you take Bowers, you gotta spend second round getting an OL, and the Titans do not have a round 3 pick as of yet lol

I think you have to come out of the draft with two new OL, minimum, whether you draft them or trade for one or something.

Maybe you get lucky and Duncan is A Guy coming out of his rookie year, and you can keep Skoronski and Brewer (though I wouldn’t hate moving him off Center to Guard, given his bad snaps this year), and you can sign a couple older dudes as depth instead of starters. But the Titans aren’t doing poo poo with any WR they sign if Levis can’t have two seconds to see the routes develop.

Soul Glo fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Dec 11, 2023

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Soul Glo posted:

If you take Bowers, you gotta spend second round getting an OL, and the Titans do not have a round 3 pick as of yet lol

One of deep threat WR/LT/Realible Redzone threat will be addressed in free agency I'm not sure which one though if not that's a failure. So I suppose they could sign the wr and draft OT in the 2nd in this scenario. Unsure how wise that would be though

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
To be frank this is me pre coping if this is what occurs

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Soul Glo posted:

I think you have to come out of the draft with two new OL, minimum, whether you draft them or trade for one or something.

Maybe you get lucky and Duncan is A Guy coming out of his rookie year, and you can keep Skoronski and Brewer (though I wouldn’t hate moving him off Center to Guard, given his bad snaps this year), and you can sign a couple older dudes as depth instead of starters. But the Titans aren’t doing poo poo with any WR they sign if Levis can’t have two seconds to see the routes develop.

Brewer was worse as a guard last season, he’s not been great at center but I would not be in favor of moving him again tbh.

I know I keep beating the Troy Franklin drum but a speedy deep thread WR is probably not coming around in free agency and we really ought to try and get a wr in one of the first two rounds. Chig has been disappointing this year but not so much that we need to go TE again. Whyle has looked ok too. I really think you need WR and tackle in rounds one and two, whichever order you can do for best impact but outside of CB those are the two biggest needs on the team

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Hopkins rules but he can’t consistently get separation often enough surrounded by the loving losers that make up our WR corps (NWI is exempt from this criticism). The two things that will unlock levis are a deep threat and a left tackle who isn’t having to get help from Shrek every single play

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Yeah the ideal to me is round 1 LT round 2 WR

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Can't wait to see Tyreek go for 200 yards against our great defensive secondary tonight

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

i think they probably try duncan at RT next year and sign a new LT. maybe they do let brewer have another year at Center, and if you have to pay an old guy, you probably wanna do it at RG.

just makes me wish they could have offloaded Henry for a third somewhere this season, but maybe that offer never came up. i don’t want them to sign another TE, but if they pick right where they are now and Alt, Fashanu and MHJ are gone, i would not put it past them to get Bowers or to even trade down for the next best OL and more picks, which would be preferable to a TE we aren’t dying for.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Top tackle talent doesn’t reach the market, they have to draft a dude. Cornerbacks (and to a lesser degree WRs) can be had in free agency but who is the last good LT to actually hit free agency.

This last free agency was pitched as finding guys with upside who would be consistently available and they at least got the available part right but the next season has to be about finding dudes who are difference makers, not stabilizers. Levis has a smaller window to capitalize on since he was a second rounder and is already older anyway.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

No yeah I meant sign as in draft my b. I’m well aware good OL don’t become available. I’m a Titans fan, I see what was available every week.

e: I don’t know enough college players to even know offhand if these top OL in the draft are tackles

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Alt and fashanu both are. Fashanu would have been the first tackle off the board if he came out last season in all likelihood, alt was 1B for most of this season behind him but some people think he’s better at this point. Either one should be a huge upgrade especially next to shrek

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
it's gonna be pretty funny when the Tits are the only team in the division to win this week when they're playing the only team of the four opponents that still has its starting QB

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Titans are the Manningcast tonight with Taylor Lewan and Will Compton as guests. Might get some good Levis critiquing and Vrabel stories if nothing else tonight.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Intruder posted:

it's gonna be pretty funny when the Tits are the only team in the division to win this week when they're playing the only team of the four opponents that still has its starting QB

Zero chance of this with how bad our secondary is. I will be shocked if the titans are within three scores of Miami at the end of the game

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
It would take a catastrophic tua injury for me to give the titans more than,,,,let’s say more than a 5% chance of winning tonight. If you read my post history I think it’s clear I’m far from a doomer or whatever but they’re hosed

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Wow Bismack there's some strong Kirios energy in that post.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

The Titans are going to win because they do inexplicable poo poo like that, especially when a loss is what’s good for them

I myself would like to see Levis play competent football and maybe some growth from Jaelyn Duncan, that’s all I want.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
I forget—why don’t the titans have their third rounder?

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

Zero chance of this with how bad our secondary is. I will be shocked if the titans are within three scores of Miami at the end of the game

Alec Pierce got deep twice last week. Tyreek gonna be miles behind the last DB.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Pontius Pilate posted:

I forget—why don’t the titans have their third rounder?

Traded up to get levis

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

EvilBeard posted:

Alec Pierce got deep twice last week. Tyreek gonna be miles behind the last DB.

lol yeah. It’s gonna be a massacre baby!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

lol yeah. It’s gonna be a massacre baby!

It's certainly been a massacre so far. Not five minutes in and multiple Dolphins starters are injured.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Well this is gonna be ugly

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

WELL MAYHAP I SPOKE TOO SOON

TITAN UP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon Of The Fall