Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Barudak posted:

Oh well fire that son of a gun up and get to enjoying the game. Don't wait for it to hit gamepass, you wont last that long.

Also, as a member of the Super Best Friends subreddit I'm required to be horny for Junker Queen,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

BonoMan posted:

Ace Combat 6

Just got a copy of this on eBay to play on my Series X. Currently the only physical xbox game I own.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Lammasu posted:

I'm getting this urge to play Overwatch 2.

Play it for 10 minutes and it will cure your urge forever

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
1)Does anyone remember if there were any good carrying cases for 360 that had good compartments for 2 controllers?

2)Did anyone even bother to make carrying cases for the 360 slim and E?

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

I said come in! posted:

Immortals of aveum runs like poo poo on Series X. No performance option.

I'm in Act 3 and the performance has been pretty good, including the two boss fights so far.

e:i'm really enjoying quick resume, especially for older games like Fallout New Vegas and KOTOR. It's really cool to be able to quit playing and then pick right up like you just paused the game, even days later.

tango alpha delta fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Dec 11, 2023

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Quick resume working even if you unplug the console is some magic rear end poo poo

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

tango alpha delta posted:

I'm in Act 3 and the performance has been pretty good, including the two boss fights so far.

e:i'm really enjoying quick resume, especially for older games like Fallout New Vegas and KOTOR. It's really cool to be able to quit playing and then pick right up like you just paused the game, even days later.

Maybe i'm just more sensitive to frame rate drops, but the boss fight with the huge dragon was unplayable. I just want the game to offer a lower resolution. The Switch, the most popular console of all time, plays most games at 540p and no one cares. Games don't need to be 4K, especially when they can barely handle it.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Shaocaholica posted:

1)Does anyone remember if there were any good carrying cases for 360 that had good compartments for 2 controllers?

I don't remember them from back in the days for sure. Most of the time is cheaper to buy a nice backpack or laptop case/sleeve.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Quick resume working even if you unplug the console is some magic rear end poo poo

I’ve had the console for a year and just found out you can pin games so they never leave the quick resume queue.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

…! I Didn’t know you could do that

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Lugging the console halfway across the country and then just... unpausing a game feels cool as hell every time

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

I said come in! posted:

Maybe i'm just more sensitive to frame rate drops, but the boss fight with the huge dragon was unplayable. I just want the game to offer a lower resolution. The Switch, the most popular console of all time, plays most games at 540p and no one cares. Games don't need to be 4K, especially when they can barely handle it.

Y'know, I'll have to replay that boss fight because I either didn't notice any significant frame drops or I just wrote them off mentally as part of the boss fight experience, if that makes any sense.

tango alpha delta fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Dec 11, 2023

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Works like emulators making a save state but with modern games. It owns and works great (cept if the game is always online of course).

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

tango alpha delta posted:

Y'know, I'll have to replay that boss fight because I either didn't notice any significant frame drops or I just wrote them off mentally as part of the boss fight experience, if that makes any sense.

I understand yeah! And I still want to keep playing, hoping to finish the game.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

I said come in! posted:

I understand yeah! And I still want to keep playing, hoping to finish the game.

:same: I didn't know what to expect, but it's turning out to be a game I'm gonna finish.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Barudak posted:

Oh well fire that son of a gun up and get to enjoying the game. Don't wait for it to hit gamepass, you wont last that long.

It's free to play, so no need to wait!

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Shaocaholica posted:

There are a few types on eBay.
I’m loving my Logitech g cloud though. Remote play and cloud streaming are rad on it. If I were somewhere with no connectivity it’s got the ability to run GameCube, ps1, etc.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Lube Enthusiast posted:

…! I Didn’t know you could do that

Just always have a Yakuza game pinned and when you can’t think of anything to play because there’s always too much, there’s Yakuza.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I have House Flipper and Power Washer pinned so the missus has it ready to continue. That's all she plays on the Xbox.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

John F Bennett posted:

I have House Flipper and Power Washer pinned so the missus has it ready to continue. That's all she plays on the Xbox.

doing it right, imo

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Hey y'all I found a cool thing to share. On the dashboard go to Manage -> Free up space -> Leftover add-ons. I had like literally 100gb of DLC and poo poo for games I haven't played in a while and aren't even installed anymore. Maybe you do too, go look! Free space baby!

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Can't believe I played 102 games on Xbox this year.

You can do this here : https://www.trueachievements.com/news/announcing-my-year-on-xbox-2023

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

hell yeah time to poo poo up the thread

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen
Nobody cares, you guys

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Neco posted:

Nobody cares, you guys

i do

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Neco posted:

Nobody cares, you guys

It's a proud thread tradition, goes back hundreds of years.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Neco posted:

Nobody cares, you guys

I Care a lot.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

I care, but not enough to make an account there

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
240 hours of Call of Duty DMZ sounds about right

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

welcome posted:

I Care a lot.

About disasters fires floods and killer bees?

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Beastie posted:

About disasters fires floods and killer bees?

Entered my head as soon as I saw the other post.

Nice.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I care because you do

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen
Aw okay I also care now. I found out I played Atomic Heart the most :newlol: But I enjoyed it a lot so that‘s okay!

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

what is the little diamond for?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Rare achievements.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

American McGay posted:

Rare achievements.

Nice. I got 1.
My score went up by 510 this year which might be my single biggest year increase in a long time.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

otter posted:

Nice. I got 1.
My score went up by 510 this year which might be my single biggest year increase in a long time.

do you even game bro

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
So half of the achievements I got this year are rare? They should come up with a better name for them

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

They’re rare because nobody plays the games you do OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Gamepass games have more rare achievements than one's not on the service since a lot of people download gp games and play for 10 mins to see if they like it and move on. Gamepass games that also suck have even more rares.