Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!

It's like a train grew arms and legs...

Can we paint it like "Choo Choo Charles"?!
Especially if we give it quad legs!!!

EDIT: Oops. parts lists are on the last page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Well, it's nice to see someone deal with the BAWS arsenal mission in a more sensible way than I did when I played, which was to deal with all the aboveground enemies pretty well, then completely panic in the last setpiece. All strategy was thrown to the wind and I just unloaded like a madman into the melee dude's shield to bruteforce him down, while managing to dodge just enough of the sniper fire to survive by the skin of my teeth.
We need to do a double handgun build at some stage, they are a hell of a lot of fun :blastu:

[edit]
Next time we do a mission for the redguns, please colour all our handheld ranged weapons red.

Crazy Achmed fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Dec 11, 2023

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Crazy Achmed posted:

[edit]
Next time we do a mission for the redguns, please colour all our handheld ranged weapons red.

Counterpoint: color all but our guns red (slightly different shades at that)

Ismene
Apr 26, 2012
Pillbug

nine-gear crow posted:

If you all want to keep the weapons and frame as is, your only options for generators are the JOSO or the VP-20S. Everything else is either too heavy or two weak to support this setup. So Ismene, you have a choice to make.

I forgot that the melander legs aren't -that- heavyweight. Slap a JOSO on that boy.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Alright, you freaks built it. Now paint it :colbert:

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Make the core main color look like solid gold, but with a strong metallic effect like a cheap carnival ride. Zero weathering on it, especially if the other parts do get weathering.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

More pink I say.
It's a little Barbie mech, in a Barbie mech world.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCLkVrp_4CE

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

:hmmyes:

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Can we make the pelvis gold as well? We need to have a full bikini on barbie mech

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

pattern 25 on the pink parts (if this means they need a secondary colour, just use the dark pink as the secondary for the light pink parts, and the light pink as secondary for the dark pink parts)

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

biosterous posted:

pattern 25 on the pink parts (if this means they need a secondary colour, just use the dark pink as the secondary for the light pink parts, and the light pink as secondary for the dark pink parts)

I am going to apply this sparingly because it's gonna make the AC look overmuch like poo poo, I'm sorry. Maybe on the weapons? I dunno.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

"look like an eyesore" was the goal but yes please use your discretion

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!
What ever color the weapons end up being, can we make them glow? I want maximum anti stealth on this horror. Also I'm voting for the name "BARBarian" with the caps.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Please put the word JUICY as a decal on the butt (or equivalent thereof) of the mech.

I don't care what color it is, if it ends up invisible because it matches the mech's paint, so be it.

Also seconding BARBarian.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

The way the chest is so much chunkier than everything else makes me think of a lovely knock-off Go-Bot.

Not even a knock-off Transformer. Specifically a Go-Bot.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Beware of gold-plastic syndrome.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Shei-kun posted:

Also seconding BARBarian.

Thirding

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
This is what you've made...

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Glorious

None shall question our might.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
The perfect mech for Barbie to party in. Only the bloodiest parties will do.

BraveLittleToaster fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Dec 12, 2023

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Kick rear end

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Absolutely stunning. :allears:

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

I am really looking forward to seeing what you can do with the two blades. I accidentally took this combo into one of the grid 86 missions and it was amazingly fun right up until i hit smart cleaner :gonk:

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Handler Walter - "Keep an eye out for Mattel 621, we don't want to tangle with their lawyers..."

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

:discourse: Absolutely perfect

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
It's glorious, no notes

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Just for the crowd who haven't played the games

This buildout is going to be significantly slower than the previous goonbuild, but also far far more durable, close to 30% more hp, 20% more damage resistance, much more stagger bar

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

So the thread molded a brick and painted it pink and gold.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Yes. And our enemies will quake in their boots as Dua Lipa blasts over the horizon heralding our approach.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

This is glorious. I gleefully await the Barbageddon.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Would be too much of a meme if I suggested the next one should be as drab as possible, but use maximum explosive firepower? The Oppenmech.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Cooked Auto posted:

Would be too much of a meme if I suggested the next one should be as drab as possible, but use maximum explosive firepower? The Oppenmech.

Well because of the game's chapter structure, the BARBarian is only going to show up in one video, and Chapter 2 is also going to be all one video as well, so if people want it the Oppenmech will get equal time.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Cooked Auto posted:

Dual plasma rifles for that radioactive goodness.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Important fact that people may not be aware of while painting: if you set the part colour to pure white and you set the reflectivity texture to maximum, you get a chrome effect.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

bewilderment posted:

Important fact that people may not be aware of while painting: if you set the part colour to pure white and you set the reflectivity texture to maximum, you get a chrome effect.

So what you're saying we need to make a chromed out mech so shiny that the first reaction from Cjacobs will be "Ow my eyes"?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Getting ahead of things but for the oppencore, clearly we need the ASHMEAD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sel Nar
Dec 19, 2013

Cooked Auto posted:

So what you're saying we need to make a chromed out mech so shiny that the first reaction from Cjacobs will be "Ow my eyes"?

If it's going to be that shiny and chrome, it best have someone scream 'Witness Me' before leaping into a suicidal attack.