Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

he should do something about Kadarius Toney, maybe convince him that he'd be a better wrestler than wide receiver

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Sydney Bottocks posted:

It never fails to make me chuckle, that people think WWE signed Jade to actually have her do stuff, instead of "ha ha, now AEW can't have her :smuggo:"

Also so they can say things like "we'd use her unfortunately Bryan and AEW taught her so bad we can't use her"

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

BrigadierSensible posted:

This is what is baffling me about Jade not doing anything in WWE yet.

Coz sure, she may not be able to have a 5 star tear the roof off match with your Becky Lynch/Asuka/Charlotte yet.

But all they need to do is have her walk out, look like a star, beat up some jobber quickly and do a cool power move or 2. Then look like a star getting her hand raised, all while commentary puts over how awesome and good she is and why the WWE audience should care and love her.

Bingo bango, she is a huge star, and mediocre ring work be damned, so long as she looks at the camera, all is good.

But instead, they waste all the "superstar" energy and charisma she has, by having he shake hands with people backstage. And not even in skits or vignettes or anything.

If they want to debut Jade in the rumble then not having her on tv at all before then makes more sense and a rumble spot is a fairly undemanding one for workrate. The time before the rumble is generally much less important than the mania build anyway (see the 2 month PPV gap) and not having her on tv gives her time to unlearn the terrible things Bryan Danielson taught her wrong as a joke. Even the dumb handshake stuff can be generously viewed as teaching the audience ‘this person is going to be important later’ so they know how to react when she shows up.

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Dec 11, 2023

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

I'm sure he regaled her non stop of his practice squad exploits sitting behind an end of career Alan Faneca like a total dweeb

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the wwe audience has become younger after they stopped saying yeet on there and causing them to turn it off

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Alaois posted:

he should do something about Kadarius Toney, maybe convince him that he'd be a better wrestler than wide receiver

"Go back to the XFL"

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Blasmeister posted:

Even the dumb handshake stuff can be generously viewed as teaching the audience ‘this person is going to be important later’ so they know how to react when she shows up.

Worked like gangbusters for dolph ziggler

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
The WWE Audience becomes younger as their core demo starts dying of old age

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Cavauro posted:

the wwe audience has become younger after they stopped saying yeet on there and causing them to turn it off

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

BrigadierSensible posted:

This is what is baffling me about Jade not doing anything in WWE yet.

Coz sure, she may not be able to have a 5 star tear the roof off match with your Becky Lynch/Asuka/Charlotte yet.

But all they need to do is have her walk out, look like a star, beat up some jobber quickly and do a cool power move or 2. Then look like a star getting her hand raised, all while commentary puts over how awesome and good she is and why the WWE audience should care and love her.

Bingo bango, she is a huge star, and mediocre ring work be damned, so long as she looks at the camera, all is good.

But instead, they waste all the "superstar" energy and charisma she has, by having he shake hands with people backstage. And not even in skits or vignettes or anything.

she can debut by squashing punk at wrestlemania

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Dec 11, 2023

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

The audience skews a little lower because Covid killed off a bunch of their 60 year old viewers.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

I agree that this threads obsessive negativity needs to stop, and look forward to the 6 posts per week once it does

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Blasmeister posted:

If they want to debut Jade in the rumble then not having her on tv at all before then makes more sense and a rumble spot is a fairly undemanding one for workrate. The time before the rumble is generally much less important than the mania build anyway (see the 2 month PPV gap) and not having her on tv gives her time to unlearn the terrible things Bryan Danielson taught her wrong as a joke. Even the dumb handshake stuff can be generously viewed as teaching the audience ‘this person is going to be important later’ so they know how to react when she shows up.

I'll agree with most of this.

A debut in the Rumble, allows a less than stellar worker to look cool, look important, and look like they are a WWE star.

But the dumb handshake stuff, whilst it can be seen as a "this person is important enough for us to feature them on TV", with Jade, that moment has passed, and unless it is a stupid repetitive joke like Ziggler's was, it now signifies nothing.

It has the significance of when Lacey Evans walked to the ring and back again for no reasons for what seemed like 6 months in a row.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

The337th posted:

I agree that this threads obsessive negativity needs to stop, and look forward to the 6 posts per week once it does

It’s funny because I feel like this thread is way less negative than the AEW thread gets.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

man, shane looks like poo poo

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I have a student that is a legit WWE fan. She still sees Cody as the one that will dethrone Roman, doesn't care about CM Punk but will be pissed if he en's the Rumble.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Grem posted:

I have a student that is a legit WWE fan. She still sees Cody as the one that will dethrone Roman, doesn't care about CM Punk but will be pissed if he en's the Rumble.

professor??

i became heavily invested in Cody when my friend suggested that he has no idea what kayfabe is and doesn't know wrestling is scripted and watching it through that lens it's awesome every time he comes out he's so excited

Tbh tho i think wrestling in general is more fun when they play it completely straight and keep kayfabe

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

The_Rob posted:

It’s funny because I feel like this thread is way less negative than the AEW thread gets.
in aew, things can still change. in wwe, after year after year of disheartening booking, you either accept what they give you & maybe even grow to love it or you spend more time on something that actually has a chance of making you happy

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Majinfoose posted:

Was it Loser?

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Coaaab posted:

in aew, things can still change. in wwe, after year after year of disheartening booking, you either accept what they give you & maybe even grow to love it or you spend more time on something that actually has a chance of making you happy

It's always impressive to me how many chances people give WWE, even after years of being mid at best. Cody coming in, CM Punk coming in, it's always the same, milquetoast product. Although someone, many of us, will be fooled again.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

dunno who any of these people are aside from the guy with the duck hat on

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

JUNGLE BOY posted:

the last thing this place needs is more dorks who only pop in to contribute “you people” promos

I'm going to tell you people what I really think of you. No. No. For four years I have listened to you all complain about your Hartford media elite problems, your Vince McMahons, and your overpriced The Fiend Bray Wyatt memorabilia.

I have watched you throw away better matches than my family sees at Christmas. And I have loved it. You people, you are my best friends and I hope you get everything you want in life.

So kiss my face. I'll see you all in heaven. Have a wonderful WWE Deadline.

https://i.imgur.com/FJdVoR6.mp4

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Taylor will take romans belts

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Grendels Dad posted:

Has anything come out about what Roman is actually doing in his time away from WWE? The last time I remember things having been this quiet around a dude, it was Bray Wyatt, and it was actually the right thing to do. I hope Roman is in good health.

The last time he was gone for a really long time was him getting treated for cancer. Hopefully it's nothing like that again.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Kvlt! posted:

Logan Paul will take romans belts

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Intruder posted:

man, shane looks like poo poo

i thought it was shane first lol

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Gorgolflox posted:

One of those four is the most famous musician in the world.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Gorgolflox posted:

Even by goon standards, not knowing who Taylor Swift is is quite impressive.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I thought it might be Taylor Swift but I wasn’t sure enough to commit

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Who’d she ever beat??

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Seams posted:

Who’d she ever beat??

Kanye West

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
beyonce, technically. kanye screwed kanye

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Tampa Bae posted:

beyonce, technically. kanye screwed kanye

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

:boom:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

forkboy84 posted:

not a mark sorry

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Lol

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

forkboy84 posted:

what team does he play for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

The only Taylor Swift I recognise is the Freddie Wong character