Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

is your mirror really opposite your toilet like that

i once pooped in a house like that and it was the weirdest experience ever. horrible. but the house was owned by dutch people so i think its part of their culture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

is your mirror really opposite your toilet like that

Yeah but I'm on my phone so I don't notice

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

HootTheOwl posted:

The bathroom mirror, as you pooped for an hour

The second half hour I was of course straddling the toilet in reverse style

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

lobster shirt posted:

i once pooped in a house like that and it was the weirdest experience ever. horrible. but the house was owned by dutch people so i think its part of their culture.

how did you notice? you're pooping, that's when your finest posts can be made

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

lobster shirt posted:

that's terrifying

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I actually knew someone in college who surrounded his toilet with a whole bunch of mirrors for some reason. I discovered this while peeing drunk rather than while pooping stoned, though, so I was mostly just confused

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
My wife is really keen on hearing our daughter refer to her as mama. So the little one, being a master troll, has taken to referring to her as "dada" when I ask who she is and point at her.

I, however, am never mama. I am either also dada or sometimes owl.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I put too much formula in the over-night feed bottle because we had a pre-measured amount of water from today's outting.
This has angered the wife so much that she refused to accept my help and let her take a quick nap before I had to go work.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

my son is so sweet sometimes, we recently got him some shoes that light up when you walk and last night he was talking about how he wants to get some for his sister when she learns to walk because he loves her :kimchi:

Struensee
Nov 9, 2011

HootTheOwl posted:

I put too much formula in the over-night feed bottle because we had a pre-measured amount of water from today's outting.
This has angered the wife so much that she refused to accept my help and let her take a quick nap before I had to go work.

"Oops"

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Went to go out and play with the snow today. Rolled a big ball. Thinking about next snowfall and making a snow man. Gonna need some carrots and coal.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

KirbyKhan posted:

Went to go out and play with the snow today. Rolled a big ball. Thinking about next snowfall and making a snow man. Gonna need some carrots and coal.

check your stocking

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

HootTheOwl posted:

Hahaha in the doghouse :laugh:

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

anyone else on the sick since October train? probably like 3-4 distinct periods of weeks long super colds (all non covid, so say the rapid tests) with maybe 4 days in between them. the kids got a reprieve these past 2 weeks, but my wife is super toast, just constant smokers cough and snot.

she went to the doc today and got tested for rsv, Covid, strep and pneumonia. all negative! colds just kick your rear end now!

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

My son was sick from October 1 until Thanksgiving. Finally got healthy, but a bad runny nose again tonight so I'm expecting another fun month

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

my son got sick two weeks ago, recovered for a few days, and yesterday came down with a case of fever and diarrhea. fun!

last year he was sick from the week before thanksgiving straight through to the new year lol. i hate this.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

HootTheOwl posted:

Now you hosed up bud

Struensee
Nov 9, 2011
I'm on my paediatric rotation at the moment and there's lots of COVID, Mycoplasma, RSV and pertussis going around. Even had a patient with the flu today!

E: I would probably get tested for Mycoplasma if I had been sick for that long

Struensee has issued a correction as of 17:28 on Dec 9, 2023

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Struensee posted:

I'm on my paediatric rotation at the moment and there's lots of COVID, Mycoplasma, RSV and pertussis going around. Even had a patient with the flu today!

flu? How quaint

Struensee
Nov 9, 2011

Mustached Demon posted:

flu? How quaint

Yeah it's mostly COVID and RSV. The respiratory panel also picks up stuff like parainfluenza , rhinovirus and MERS (lol). Most of the kids have 2-3. Once in a while we get a kid who pops positive for 4 different things

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Today I caught my 2 yr old trying to suck toothpaste out of the tube like it was a fruit packet. Cheers everyone.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
Kid and I were both very snotty before Thanksgiving. She got over it and I was stuffed up until probably last week, when it climaxed with my being both stuffed up and having a bloody nose from the dry air.

We have mostly been spared the respiratory stuff (probably helps that we mask everywhere although daycare lol) so now instead she has a couple teeth coming in to add to the general flavor.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Seven-month-old has a bad cold and has been awake in the middle of the night for like 90 mins+ every night for a week. We think maybe RSV? Nothing to do about it either way

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
uhh what

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

gently caress yeah we let the moon in

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
my kid wanted to do true/false questions at dinner and boy are there a lot of wrong answers on the internet

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

meanolmrcloud posted:

anyone else on the sick since October train? probably like 3-4 distinct periods of weeks long super colds (all non covid, so say the rapid tests) with maybe 4 days in between them. the kids got a reprieve these past 2 weeks, but my wife is super toast, just constant smokers cough and snot.

she went to the doc today and got tested for rsv, Covid, strep and pneumonia. all negative! colds just kick your rear end now!

Yes. I got antibiotics for possible bronchitis/strep which seemed to help but that was two weeks ago and I'm still sniffly.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

my kid wanted to do true/false questions at dinner and boy are there a lot of wrong answers on the internet

it's really close to being correct though

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

My older kid's taken to writing a story in a google document when they should be sleeping. They're editing it right now. The version history's a litany of ruined bedtimes.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Nocturtle posted:

My older kid's taken to writing a story in a google document when they should be sleeping. They're editing it right now. The version history's a litany of ruined bedtimes.

lmfao that owns

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
our kid doesn't seem to get sick for too long, or at least you hardly realize she's sick but the cough and runny nose feels like it lasts two weeks.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Nocturtle posted:

That's not what "bedtime story" means go to sleep :mad:

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

any suggestions for how to start covering religion and/or death stuff for a kid (almost 4)? My wife and I arent religious or spiritual at all, but this request follows from me having the bright idea of trying to branch out from the PJ Masks / Spidey & Friends trap and put on Disney's Hercules which I remember being rated U. Before you know it there's Hades being punted down the Styx by his demon boatman to his skull fortress while being accosted by the grasping souls of the dead.

anyway my wife is pretty pissed about it

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Just treat it like any other fantasy world imo. Kids have a terrible time separating reality and fiction, however obvious bollocks it might seem to be (to them, the Cars movie is real things that happened somewhere) and the only workable approach is to tell them that some worlds (the scary ones especially) are far far away so they don't have to worry about them

This is my plan for my currently-2-year-old, I have no experience though.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
We've found starting conversations or answering questions with the phrase "some people believe..." pretty effective, whether for religious stuff or for things like Santa. Framing things neutrally as narratives that people enjoy or find meaningful gives you plenty of space to discuss these kinda things.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
we frame religions as other people’s traditions. works out well since we have traditions that were born from religion but for an atheist or agnostic can still be enjoyed.

however the afterlife for us is not existent and sometimes it’s fun or nice to make up stories for after you die.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
"Magick is real and your father is a warlock."

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

KirbyKhan posted:

"Magick is real and your father is a warlock."

this

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

KirbyKhan posted: